The Mourinho Thread

Was that before, during or after we lost at home to QPR?

You on about the Arsenal game that was won through 2 set pieces? or the Arsenal game that was won through a debatable penalty after we got thrashed over for almost the whole of the second half? or the United game were we didn't wake up until we were 2-0 down after 20 minutes?

When Rafa was here the performances got constantly criticized ,now he's gone all off a sudden we were playing like Brazil in the 70's under him, i don't get it?

I do, i also remember a few weeks later we lost to Juventus in one of the most one sided games i have ever seen.

U r talking about the QPR game but we've lost 2-0 to Newcastle,lost to Stoke and had Basel do a double on us (with a better team then last year and a 'God' of a manager)

Moreover, you just skipped half of the points in my post (pasted below)!

Bought more players since then haven't we? Since AVB came we have bought (if I had to name some of the players who have played since then):

Cahill (came in January during AVB reign), KDB (didn't play during AVB reign -was in Genk), Marin, Hazard, Oscar, Azpilicueta, Moses, Ba, Schurrle, Van Ginkel, Schwarzer, Willian, Eto'o

So you mean to say that AVB had the same team as Mourinho has? On top of that some of these players have a season's worth of experience in PL as well now. Moreover, Mourinho has almost 10 years exp in this level and ofc as u say, is God surely such a Godly character is not worth being compared with mere mortals......

What about that Mourinho teams defend well thing? Where's all of that been?

The start of this Mourinho reign has been quite disappointing and what's more humiliating is that Arsenal/Liverpool who spend nowhere close to the amount of money we do, are above us(in Liv's case were above us)!

We're relying on solo goals, defensive errors and counter attacks to score. We almost CANNOT score when we are in possession of the ball.

Debatable penalty vs Arsenal? People were arguing that should be a red card lol. Anything to show Mourinho is better than others eh?

http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2013/01/20/chelsea-vs-arsenal-2013-highlights-2-1-mata-lampard-penalty-walcott-goals-video/

Now I wasn't in the forum when Cap was around but I've heard about him, we have convos on Twitter and he made a great point in saying:

That we're judging Mourinho based on what he achieved back in his 1st stint. He went on to state that in sports u r only as good as your last season and that Mourinho failed in Madrid (don't argue with me about Madrid since I'm no Real Madrid expert :P )

You can actually read a bit of the convo here: https://twitter.com/TheShark94/status/404998308499693569 (just scroll up)

This time last year we were about 13 points off the top

Oh, and in the Europa League

Agreed, we had Juve instead of Shalker and Sharkta with Mkhyaryan, Willian...etc Also we didn't have Schurrle, Willian, Eto'o and most important of all, our fucking manager had been sacked after 2 months into the season

People expecting transition without poor performances? Well abandon thread. See you lot next season.

Actually yes, transition doesn't mean CONSTANTLY playing crap, there have to be an improvement. 1-2 bad results are fine, but being shit in almost every match against worse teams is unacceptable. So now we have struggled against Sunderland, Stoke, Crystal Palace, West Brom and even Norwich.

People expecting transition without poor performances? Well abandon thread. See you lot next season.

Transition? I didn't know Transition involved insisting on playing a 35 year old rather than playing a youngster.

So transition involves playing a player who will retire soon rather than a player who is the future of the club?

As much pressure as David Moyes has been in he's still been encouraging their young talent, Adnan Januzaj.

Just read this post by Rmpr

At this point in time, we are not better than we were 1-2 years ago!

This is no transition, this is stagnation...

Agreed, we had Juve instead of Shalker and Sharkta with Mkhyaryan, Willian...etc Also we didn't have Schurrle, Willian, Eto'o and most important of all, our fucking manager had been sacked after 2 months into the season

And I'd like to add that players like Hazard, Oscar, Azpi have an extra year's exp in the PL.

Transition? I didn't know Transition involved insisting on playing a 35 year old rather than playing a youngster.

So transition involves playing a player who will retire soon rather than a player who is the future of the club?

As much pressure as David Moyes has been in he's still been encouraging their young talent, Adnan Januzaj.

Just read this post by Rmpr

Kevin>Lampard IN THE CDM ROLE. Surely, surely surely cannot play worse? Yet NOT EVEN A SINGLE GAME, now he will be sold in Jan as the result while we are gonna extend contract with Lampard.

Anyone would think that it was us that lost 6-3 today.

We have almost made in to Jan and we are a win away from being top.

Hopefully we buy a few players in Jan. If we don't then I think a top 4 finish is the most we can hope for this season.

Anyone would think that it was us that lost 6-3 today.

We have almost made in to Jan and we are a win away from being top.

Hopefully we buy a few players in Jan. If we don't then I think a top 4 finish is the most we can hope for this season.

Top 4 is hope? it is expectation, even if we don't sign anyone till summer WE HAVE TO BE IN TOP 4, actually top 3. Even at our horribly crap we managed 3rd last season, surely this season must be better. 1 win away doesn't mean anything, next week they destroy us 3-0 and we are 6 away, back to square one.

Top 4 is hope? it is expectation, even if we don't sign anyone till summer WE HAVE TO BE IN TOP 4, actually top 3. Even at our horribly crap we managed 3rd last season, surely this season must be better. 1 win away doesn't mean anything, next week they destroy us 3-0 and we are 6 away, back to square one.

Or next week we win and the Jose love fest starts again.

People are so fickle on here.

This time next year

U r talking about the QPR game but we've lost 2-0 to Newcastle,lost to Stoke and had Basel do a double on us (with a better team then last year and a 'God' of a manager)

Newcastle are in the top half, Stoke are a tough away match at the best of the time, it's not even close to losing at home to one of thee worst teams ever in PL.

Regarding the other points, AVB still had a multimillionaire squad full off winners, he shouldn't have had us outside the top 4, never in a million years. Also AVB has had £100m to spend in the summer for Spurs (the fact he got twice what he should have for Bale shouldn't be an excuse, just like Liverpool getting £50m for Torres shouldn't excuse the fact Kenny wasted money on average journeyman) and upto a few weeks back averaged one open play goal every two games.

We have been getting by on individual moments for years now, how many games since the double have we had a top, top, top match? Aston Villa at home last season, other than that i can't genuinely think of one

I accept thing's haven't been great this season, but this myth that things was all garden and roses last season is hilarious, i remember watching us face Liverpool at Anfield, we created nothing all game, all this nice supposed on the eye football and we created fuck all against a team with a manager who is hardly known for defensive solidarity.

We had our moments last season, but i wouldn't say we were playing nice football on a consistent basis, far from it.

While also neglecting Zaha and too an extent Kagawa to occupy a 40 year old.

If Van Ginkel didn't get injured, he would be playing a lot right now, no doubt.

While also neglecting Zaha and too an extent Kagawa to occupy a 40 year old.

If Van Ginkel didn't get injured, he would be playing a lot right now, no doubt.

Mourinho would have neglected MVG in the same way he's neglecting the enormously talented Kevin De Bruyne. We saw it in the 1st few games in the beginning of the season that Mourinho wasn't too content on playing MVG.....

It is called opinions, praise and criticize. Seem like you don't understand the basic concept of a forum.

Mate, don't try and talk down to me.

I understand the concept of a forum. There is a lot of unjust criticism for a team 2 points off the top.

Fair play to United fans, I don't see many of the throwing their toys out the pram.

Mourinho would have neglected MVG in the same way he's neglecting the enormously talented Kevin De Bruyne. We saw it in the 1st few games in the beginning of the season that Mourinho wasn't too content on playing MVG.....

How do you know? he featured in 4 of the 8 matches before his injury, 3 of the one's he didn't being at Old Trafford, Goodison and against Bayern Munich.

And regarding KDB, do you think if Rafa stayed he would have played him ahead of Mazacar and Schurrle? never in a million years. Rafa played Moses a lot for the sake of team balance, Schurrle would start every single match if Rafa was still here.