The Mourinho Thread

The Lukaku comments bothered me and I'm severely underwhelmed with his performance so far. I still support him but each game raises more and more questions. I honestly don't know who this guy managing us is from what I see on the pitch. The only thing consistent is our inconsistency.

I understand where you are coming from but it just seems strange that you get turned so easily when before you were quite adamant in defending him especially against those that questioned Mourinho. And the funny thing now is that, the doubts you are having on Mourinho now is rather similar to what others have had before and it was only like weeks ago.

What pisses me off when I watch Everton is how when they don't have Baines playing full back - their full backs rarely cross. Why - simple it's a higher probability if your fullback crosses that you would surrender possession especially when your only aerial threat is Lukaku - so the safer option is to play the ball out of the flank into either the center or towards the corner so you either win a set piece or keep possession as opposed to allowing the opposition to regain the ball and counter attack.

In the meantime every time Ivanovic gets the ball he attempts a cross - at who? We haven't even got a single aerial thread inside the box most of the time. We are a side that has players with great close control - Ivanovic/Cole/Cesar should never be attempting crosses if there are other options. The fact that it's December and Ivanovic is still doing the same idiotic cross time and time again seems to mean that this is something he is instructed to do(or not instructed not to do) and it just leads to us losing the ball.

I understand where you are coming from but it just seems strange that you get turned so easily when before you were quite adamant in defending him especially against those that questioned Mourinho. And the funny thing now is that, the doubts you are having on Mourinho now is rather similar to what others have had before and it was only like weeks ago.

I still believe that Mourinho is the right guy for us and that we have to stick with him and give him total support, but I'll admit I'm concerned about the lack of consistency. It's not just him that I'm worried about, but everyone at the top of this club. I simply don't know what it is we're trying to do.

I firmly believed that we would use players like Lukaku, De Bruyne and Chalobah in an exciting new system but it's December and I'm still sometimes mystified as to what it is we're trying to do.

But I think it's the recent comments and the petulance that have raised my ire regarding Jose. The schoolyard bickering with Lukaku was pathetic and not what I want to see from any Chelsea manager. I still think he's the right man for us, but that's partly due to the fact that I don't know if there's anyone else out there who is better (and available).

Premier League: Jose Mourinho bemoans lack of Chelsea goals

"It is my squad," he said.

"For good and for bad, it is my squad. Of course, it is not the perfect squad.

"I try to improve my players. But it is one thing to improve a player who is 20-years-old, which you can. If you ask me, can I improve Eden Hazard? Yes I can.

"Can I improve a player who is 30-years-old? How?"

----------
This is total bullshit. He had the summer to fix some of the problems being known.
He came back cause he wanted to give stability to the younger players. Those where his words, but so far he has gotten an F for that!
He understood that he made a mistake that he didn't buy a striker in the summer.
Maybe next Window

He still has my 100% support along with the rest of the players. You either get behind them and enjoy football for what it is or mope and whine all season, which is all that's happened so far on this forum.

Pretty well said.

He's made mistakes but I still don't want anyone else in charge of us....I'm just impatient to see something taking shape. He just needs to get that one midfielder and I think the team will find some consistency. Maybe we are missing Oscar more than I thought because we looked like two seperate parts on Saturday (defence and attack), something that happened far too often last season.

We will see by August-September of 2014 if Chelsea have become any more coherent.

My views are probably similar to many here: Bertrand should have played more already this season, Ivanovic not so much at right back.

I have no problem selling David Luiz for a good price then buying a couple solid CMs.... center back is less-important, but Zouma is actually a very good defender.

Some of the loans Chelsea did this season were dumb: Wallace at Inter Milan for example, Cuevas at Vitesse, perhaps.

But the biggest problems for me have been: 1) Lack of quality in center midfield MORE THAN 3 YEARS (didn't have depth behind Ballack before 3 years) and

2) Lack of playtime for young players while the more experienced players have failed under pressure or under fatigue.

Looking at center midfield, it is POOR JUDGMENT that has given Chelsea a choice of Ramires (our only quality CM), Lampard, Mikel, Essien while vanGinkel went down with an injury. So, in the summer window who at Chelsea Football Club ever discussed the plan for center midfield when Ramires is injured during the coming season? It has been perplexing that while Chelsea have spent so much money compared to other clubs in the U.K. and in Europe for years that CFC still have only Ramires as a standout center midfielder for the present and future. Every neutral fan in football with a good enough football I.Q. sees this AND they can see that Chelsea have no standout playmaker who passes from deep in midfield, nor a standout defending midfielder (regardless of Ramires' ratings or his effort); why does Chelsea not see it and how are Chelsea fans content with the situation (been going on for YEARS, not months)? At the very least, it would seem wise to try players like Loftus-Cheek in the first team under the current circumstances for this season (after vanGinkel was injured). For this reason alone (nevermind the defensive line problems for the moment), Chelsea do not deserve to be title contenders this season as an organization.

@The only place to be, Why i can 100% understand your upset at the Jose/Lukaku public slating thing, i don't think it's anything personal on Jose's behalf. He did exactly the same to Ricardo Carvalho and he was one of Mou's closest ally's.

Pretty well said.

He's made mistakes but I still don't want anyone else in charge of us....I'm just impatient to see something taking shape. He just needs to get that one midfielder and I think the team will find some consistency. Maybe we are missing Oscar more than I thought because we looked like two seperate parts on Saturday (defence and attack), something that happened far too often last season.

Indeed. It's become very clear we are just a couple jigsaw pieces away from becoming a really good team, and until that happens it's just a case of waiting and enjoying the good moments, being patient with the bad. I'd start to get a bit more annoyed if this doesn't happen near the end of the season, but for now all things considered we are not in too bad shape.

5 in 23 games in all competitions - Everton, Newcastle, Stoke and Basel (twice).

And you could probably point 2 of those losses being undeserved.

You could also point that the a couple of our results deserved to be losses but weren't like the draw vs WBA and the win vs Villa.

You could also point that the a couple of our results deserved to be losses but weren't like the draw vs WBA and the win vs Villa.

No point talking about deserve or not, it is done and evaluating it won't change anything. If we take deserve into account Barcelona would be winning every single trophy every single season, if dominating the whole match=deserve than they have it.