The Mourinho Thread

Wouldn't be wrong to say this team is rather fragmented right now. Despite having all these talents and a reasonably good squad, sometimes you just watch us and think "WHAT THE HELL ARE WE PLAYING?!". Cannot say all the blame is on Mourinho as some should be laid on the board for not investing properly in the squad and only interested in buying 175 946 847 AMs every season. However even though the squad is far perfect, questions need to be asked of Mourinho as well because some of his decisions this season have been somewhat baffling and why we are not doing better than we have been. If it happens a game here and a game there, then you can arguably excuse it a bit but this has been consistently happening far too often.

P.S. Before anyone jumps the gun, no. I'm not asking for Mourinho to be sacked. Just questioning the situation at the moment.

We don't know who is calling the shots when it comes to signings. I'm sure Jose would't have come back if he wasn't in charge of it, but who knows?

It's clear to all of us that we need a striker,DLP,LB and possibly a new CB. If we don't make any moves for either of these, something is not right at Chelsea

Well this is Chelsea dude, don't be surprised. We didn't start to sign creative midfielders until after like 4 years later. And when we do we go on and sign 6-7 of them needlessly. Same with RB until Dave came. Now we need a striker but we probably won't sign any until Torres quit the club

When was the last time we had a good team performance? I mean the whole team clicking and playing well, and not just Hazard and one or two others playing well and the rest playing badly.

Since 2009, before that maybe 2006. This team doesn't work, the person who did it knows nothing about football

This club fought for the Premier League title with Ancelotti, and in Mourinho Era. In all the other years was completely shit.

Sell Luiz, sell Mata and some others and bring real talent, prepaired to fight for titles. Because this ones are not ready. And please don't forget to bring a striker.

Since 2009, before that maybe 2006. This team doesn't work, the person who did it knows nothing about football

This club fought for the Premier League title with Ancelotti, and in Mourinho Era. In all the other years was completely shit.

Sell Luiz, sell Mata and some others and bring real talent, prepaired to fight for titles. Because this ones are not ready. And please don't forget to bring a striker.

I don't have an issue with Luiz and Mata personally. I think there's a lot wrong with our squad and the way it's coached by those two are fine by me.

Mourinho: "We all know this is a transitional period. I believe that in another club, everybody would say 'OK, let's work and wait calmly'."

Nailed it. Everywhere but here.

That is not true at all!

We are no different than other big clubs with high expectations...

That is not true at all!

We are no different than other big clubs with high expectations...

In England? Wenger more than 10 years without winning, Mancini 3 years with the best team in the country, Moyes will be at Manchester next year.

Mourinho in the first time he was here lost a League after being the best manager in the histopry of the club, and some months later was out. Since then in League Chelsea won 1 league title and didn't fight for any other Premiere League title.

I don't buy this difficult transitional period Mourinho keeps trying to imply. IF anything we are only going through it because he insists in playing Lampard 3 times a week in a position he can't play in. Take him out of the equation, get somebody there - boom! - we're suddenly exponentially better.

jose's team selection was poor, but the criticism he is getting here is OTT.

are we not 2nd in the league, 2 points off the top only with the chance of being a point up and top of the table in 10 day's time.

we topped the group in CL and have should get relatively easy teams to face, and are in the QFs of the COC.

this is such a shitty comment of someone who rarely makes sense.

Lamps didn't play one single minute today and I guess we're the worse we've been in the last four matches today.

Next time bring a comment that at least makes sense.

Shitty how? I wasn't referring to today's match. I meant along the season. Lampard has no business playing in there, and even though we weren't great today we were much better without him.

He's 36 and can't cover any ground, therefore he's not the answer and shouldn't be playing there. Anyone who thinks otherwise isn't thinking straight.

I don't buy this difficult transitional period Mourinho keeps trying to imply. IF anything we are only going through it because he insists in playing Lampard 3 times a week in a position he can't play in. Take him out of the equation, get somebody there - boom! - we're suddenly exponentially better.

So let me get this straight:

On one hand, we unanimously agree that Chelsea has zero quality strikers and a very poor defense. We also agree that most of our best players (such as Hazard) are extremely irregular.

On the other hand, you want to crucify the manager even though he's been getting it done despite having all of these problems in his hands.

Some of you people speak as if we have a squad like City and Bayern. Manchester United has problems similar to ours: old players, unbalanced and inconsistent squad, poor defense, no quality strikers (RVP injured), transitional period, etc. and look where they're at.

That such disgrace isn't happening to us, I give credit to the manager.

You know Rafa did a better job trying to promote the youngsters at the club (and he was a short term manager) than Mourinho has so far. Rafa gave Ake and Piazon chances. Jose has ditched Ake.

People here are acting as though it is 'Mourinho masterclass' that we are two points of the table. Well with the amount of money we've spent, don't you think that this team sort of HAS to be challenging for the title? We look disgusting going forward and one more point:

"Mourinho teams are great in defence. Rock solid."

Really? Just look at us messing up basic crosses.

He brought Piazon on once when we were 6-0 up :blink:

Regarding the highlighting bit, if it was so easy then why didn't AVB or Robbie crack it?

Bought more players since then haven't we? Since AVB came we have bought (if I had to name some of the players who have played since then):

Cahill (came in January during AVB reign), KDB (didn't play during AVB reign -was in Genk), Marin, Hazard, Oscar, Azpilicueta, Moses, Ba, Schurrle, Van Ginkel, Schwarzer, Willian, Eto'o

So you mean to say that AVB had the same team as Mourinho has? On top of that some of these players have a season's worth of experience in PL as well now. Moreover, Mourinho has almost 10 years exp in this level and ofc as u say, is God surely such a Godly character is not worth being compared with mere mortals......

What about that Mourinho teams defend well thing? Where's all of that been?

The start of this Mourinho reign has been quite disappointing and what's more humiliating is that Arsenal/Liverpool who spend nowhere close to the amount of money we do, are above us(in Liv's case were above us)!

We're relying on solo goals, defensive errors and counter attacks to score. We almost CANNOT score when we are in possession of the ball.

all that intricate football is GONE, all those fancy 1-2s are GONE, all the neat attractive to the eye football is GONE

remember the days we used to do this?

Remember the games vs Man United, Tottenham, Arsenal, Norwich last season? All that amazing football that was so pleasing to the eye. It seems like 10 years ago now.......

and here's a reminder of all those beautiful goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-qjv92bV44

(watch on youtube to see part 2)