The Mourinho Thread

If you tell me Aguero has scored already 10 or 12 goals, Negredo 10 or 12 goals, Dzeko four or five, Rooney eight or 10, Giroud eight or 10, ­Sturridge eight or 10, Suarez 10 or 12,”

“If you ask me would I like my strikers to score eight, 10 or 12 goals? Yes.

“If we had eight, 10 or 12 goals, we would be top of the league. That’s a reality, but my strikers give everything and the team works hard.

I think he's leaving one name out of that list. I swear there's another striker who is amongst the top scorers in the league, but for the life of me I can't remember his name.

Can u explain your post?

We where supposed to go long term with KDB, Kalas and Van Ginkel this season.

One got injured, another nowhere to be seen and the other marginalized as we spend more money for players that play in the same position.

If Mourinho continues like that (spending on players instead of giving time to the younger players), there will be no long term but short term gain. No manager in the Roman era has had the balls to gamble on youth.

He did it last time with Huth when we had the three best centre back around, and Huth was shit.

So pissed at why he picks the same underperforming players each week. Ivanovic and Cahill have cost us points in the CL and Premier League the last month or two. Its an utter shambles, he has our best RB playing at LB, our best CB not in the team and our best #10 playing RW... I don't know anymore. The fact we struggled to get up and going for 2 games against Basel as well is very very disappointing.

I've noticed since Oscar has come out of the team due to his injury in the last few games we seem to steadily create more chances with Mata in there, I don't know if its just me or if its true or whatever but it shows what Jose and Chelsea has been missing this season, a spark in the team. We cannot defend to save our lives right now though wow holy shit.

If you tell me Aguero has scored already 10 or 12 goals, Negredo 10 or 12 goals, Dzeko four or five, Rooney eight or 10, Giroud eight or 10, ­Sturridge eight or 10, Suarez 10 or 12,”

“If you ask me would I like my strikers to score eight, 10 or 12 goals? Yes.

“If we had eight, 10 or 12 goals, we would be top of the league. That’s a reality, but my strikers give everything and the team works hard.

I think he's leaving one name out of that list. I swear there's another striker who is amongst the top scorers in the league, but for the life of me I can't remember his name.

You could look at that way, but its also possible he was only mentioning the forwards from the teams he considers to be title-challengers.

Granted we haven't looked great so far but i think We'll be a lot better in the 2nd half of the season and will challenge in the Premier League. a little optimistic it maybe but the team is taking shape. Some of Jose's ideals are getting across to the players. we're creating enough chances. apart from the basel game, we've done well recently in attack. the defence hasn't been great though and needs some changes. think having luiz back and rotating ivanovic with azpi at right-back will help.

You could look at that way, but its also possible he was only mentioning the forwards from the teams he considers to be title-challengers.

If United and Liverpool are title-challengers, so are Everton. Jose seems embarrassed by this whole Lukaku thing which is why he acted in such a petulant manner towards Romelu in those press conferences.

We deify Jose at times, and he's an excellent coach but he's also the person who gouged an opposing coach's eye.

Now, we read Jose´s snivels about the strikers, questions Chelsea´s ability to win the PL...

What´s he doing here, I would like to ask ? Did he not know, how shitty Torres or BA are ? Why did he buy washed up Eto´o ?

Why was Lukaku loaned out ?

I inherited a squad that is not good enough, was in the last 2 or 3 years in December 15 to 20 points behind the leaders...he says.

As far as I am concern, Jose can fuck himself for saying all of this publicly.

If United and Liverpool are title-challengers, so are Everton. Jose seems embarrassed by this whole Lukaku thing which is why he acted in such a petulant manner towards Romelu in those press conferences.

We deify Jose at times, and he's an excellent coach but he's also the person who gouged an opposing coach's eye.

But even then, before this whole thing with Lukaku started, Mourinho has always said that only we, Arsenal, United, City, Liverpool and Spurs are title challengers despite Everton and Southampton doing well so far. The picture now has changed slightly of course but that was he has emphasized before. It's not like he decidedly mention those strikers from City, Arsenal, Liverpool without any rationale or thinking behind it.

But even then, before this whole thing with Lukaku started, Mourinho has always said that only we, Arsenal, United, City, Liverpool and Spurs are title challengers despite Everton and Southampton doing well so far. The picture now has changed slightly of course but that was he has emphasized before. It's not like he decidedly mention those strikers from City, Arsenal, Liverpool without any rationale or thinking behind it.

May I ask, what is the exact rationale thinking behind it ?

Is this kosher to wash his dirty laundry in the media ?

May I ask, what is the exact rationale thinking behind it ?

Is this kosher to wash his dirty laundry in the media ?

The point is Mourinho is consistent in terms of going along the line of what he has been saying all along. Should not even be a surprise that Lukaku wasn't mentioned there.

The point is Mourinho is consistent in terms of going along the line of what he has been saying all along. Should not even be a surprise that Lukaku wasn't mentioned there.

Well, I just think, question his ways of doing it publicly. What will it do in the minds of these three stooges, strikers ?

Is this helpful or is it a detriment ? Just read what all others are saying about it. Jose needs to wake up, perhaps look at his summer dealings & act accordingly ?

Lukaku has embarrassed Mourinho. The fact that Mourinho had to try and mug him off in a press conference is pathetic and the simple fact is that Mourinho is moaning about not having a top scoring striker when HE DECIDED to loan one out. The fact that Mourinho tried to blame Lukaku is utterly pathetic.

He's basically admitting that if we had Lukaku, we'd be top of the league. If Mourinho hadn't loaned out Lukaku, we'd be top of the league.

Just to paint a picture of our defensive problems this season...

We have kept only 9 clean sheets in 23 matches this season in all competitions and only 4 of those are from the Premier League. 15 league games in, we have kept just the 4 clean sheets which is exactly the same tally Crystal Palace has and who is in 19th place! Worse of all, Palace's 4 league clean sheets have come in their last 5 games. We kept 3 in first 5 Premier League games, then 1 in last 10.