The Mourinho Thread

Eto for Schurrle was the moment i knew we wont win anymore. Schurrle was injured but we lost the midfield after that.

Cant blame mourinho, how could he expect cahill, azpi, cech and especially eto to be complete shit

Cech just looks more vulnerable for some reason..

I wouldn't mind seeing Schwarzer getting a game from time to time..

Today, I read Jose slams misfiring striker trio who have been outscored two times over by on-loan Lukaku.

Finally, Jose woke up. How about if he were to slam himself for loaning out Lukaku & bringing in shitty Eto´o, not selling BA or Torres ?

All three didn´t manage so much as a SHOT on target yesterday, scored 4 fucking goals between them all season.

Excuses & more excuses I read. We attacked, mentality of the team is improving....etc. Meanwhile, no one is scoring apart from Oscar & an old Frank, plus defenders.

In January, do something, a correction must be made to what Jose already fucked up. Get two proven players who can score, get rid of BA or Torres, KDB poor guy is just sitting on the bench with tears in his eyes.

Otherwise, by the end of February Chelsea is fighting for top 4 places just to qualify for CL.

Today, I read Jose slams misfiring striker trio who have been outscored two times over by on-loan Lukaku.

Finally, Jose woke up. How about if he were to slam himself for loaning out Lukaku & bringing in shitty Eto´o, not selling BA or Torres ?

All three didn´t manage so much as a SHOT on target yesterday, scored 4 fucking goals between them all season.

Excuses & more excuses I read. We attacked, mentality of the team is improving....etc. Meanwhile, no one is scoring apart from Oscar & an old Frank, plus defenders.

In January, do something, a correction must be made to what Jose already fucked up. Get two proven players who can score, get rid of BA or Torres, KDB poor guy is just sitting on the bench with tears in his eyes.

Otherwise, by the end of February Chelsea is fighting for top 4 places just to qualify for CL.

The goal drought of the strikers cannot be justified in mourinho's style of play. This is absolutely frustrating.

Stoke were completely losing the midfield battle, especially in the first half. Though they did gain confidence after scoring the second, but they were helped a lot by us having a man less in midfield when we brought on Eto'o for Schurle and taking off Mikel who was a vital part of our press in the first half and at recycling possession. When we lost control over the midfield we never looked like scoring.

Except Ramires we don't have great runners in our midfield but with the way Terry Cahill are staying so deep, we would need three great runners in our midfield. I don't like that we have to fight the long balls so often near our box. Against a team like Stoke, our central defense should push higher. Stoke would have to make difficult passes, with the space we let them between our central defense and midfield, it was too easy for them and too much ground for our midfielders to cover.

So easy to say in hindsight that he got it wrong with the subs today, I disagree. The subs were okay, it was a reaction to our defenders and GK having a nightmare and putting the team in that situation when we should've been comfortable.

I don't think Jose did much wrong today.

People are blaming Mourinho the same way they are blaming Cahill/Cech - it is a convenient, and lazy excuse. Can't attach any fault to José, the XI he picked were killing Stoke, but for some poor finishing. Then one individual disaster and the whole team implodes. It is that reaction that made us lose, not Mourinho.

if Jose loses out to Wenger in the title race, it would be an epic failure for him

As embarrassing as it may looks, it's nonsensical to say it's an epic failure if we lose out the title to them, just because it's Wenger, Arsenal and their failure in the past 8 years. Arsenal are simply doing well because they are benefiting from the stability at the club (Wenger staying at the club, no players leaving etc) while the other challengers have gone through changes in the summer, be it in the squad and/or managers. It should not be a surprise if they profit from that come end of the season.

Especially if you compare the 2 squads and the amount of money being spent by us and them.

Hardly Mourinho's fault when the board hasn't addressed the evident issues we have been having for the past 2-3 years. And we may have spent more money than Arsenal but like it or not, they have arguably spent better in ensuring their squad is balance from back to front. They may need 1-2 players to boost the depth in certain areas but overall, they have the right players in every position, at least more so than us. In terms of positions, only our AMs can really be compared to theirs and probably followed by the defence and goalkeepers.

People are blaming Mourinho the same way they are blaming Cahill/Cech - it is a convenient, and lazy excuse. Can't attach any fault to José, the XI he picked were killing Stoke, but for some poor finishing. Then one individual disaster and the whole team implodes. It is that reaction that made us lose, not Mourinho.

Nobody is blaming Jose only. Some of us are blaming his clueless summer dealings, Eto´o coming in, Lukaku out...etc.

Except Ramires we don't have great runners in our midfield but with the way Terry Cahill are staying so deep, we would need three great runners in our midfield. I don't like that we have to fight the long balls so often near our box. Against a team like Stoke, our central defense should push higher. Stoke would have to make difficult passes, with the space we let them between our central defense and midfield, it was too easy for them and too much ground for our midfielders to cover.

I agree with the principle, but the issue is that our back 4 can't play a high-line. Garry Cahill is just laughable at offside traps, Iva's though better than Cahill is still prone to positioning errors at RB, JT just doesn't have the legs anymore and Azpi is being played out of position and is bound to have positional issues. But I agree the solution should not be to play the line so deep and leave a huge hole between the defense and midfield when Jose can simply play Ryan, switch Azpi to the right and throw Iva next to JT and he'd have a back four that can play high up the pitch well enough.