The Mourinho Thread

So easy to say in hindsight that he got it wrong with the subs today, I disagree. The subs were okay, it was a reaction to our defenders and GK having a nightmare and putting the team in that situation when we should've been comfortable.

I don't think Jose did much wrong today.

Leaving Ramires on after that 1st and taking off MIkel so Lampard can attack, when there was already so much space for them = beyond criminal.

I don't really care about his subs though because you can't always get them right, and he's made some great one's this season.

I'm more angry at the overplaying of certain players.

Leaving Ramires on after that 1st and taking off MIkel so Lampard can attack, when there was already so much space for them = beyond criminal.

I agree that he could've perhaps taken off Ramires instead and let Mikel sit in front of the back 4 but at the same time Ramires' drive and energy on the counter and his ability to score goals (even though that wasn't on show today) is possibly why he kept him on as well.

I also said in the MDT that I would be tempted to take off Rambo too for Lampard but I could see where Mou was coming from with that sub.

Regardless, IMO Mourinho shouldn't have to be put in that situation, we had the game under control until our defence shot itself in the foot.

Honestly speaking, we started really good, were in complete control, but due to poor finishing and utter complacency allowed Stoke back into the game. Stoke were shit, we let them back into it, it's as simple as that. This was exactly like the Newcastle match, a 5-0 win on a plate, but we threw the dish on the floor.

Anyone else praying Zenit get knocked out of the CL so we could make a go for Witsel?

They get knocked out or not it doesn't matter. We want him we pay 40m, simple as that

One thing we can agree on is how competitive the Premier League is this season. I honestly believe 75 points could win the title. I think that's something we have to take into consideration - this league is ridiculously unpredictable.

Mikel came off for letting Ireland walk past him ,I dont think he liked that from his supposed DM it looked as though he could not be bothered.

Jose has said two of his players were so bad he cant comment on them ,Torres and Mikel is my bet and he would be right they were both awful in the jobs they are paid to do.

So easy to say in hindsight that he got it wrong with the subs today, I disagree. The subs were okay, it was a reaction to our defenders and GK having a nightmare and putting the team in that situation when we should've been comfortable.

I get the thought behind the subs, I'm just saying that they obviously didn't work. We were much more in control of the game till we made those subs. Like I said, it's not a big deal, but it's a big part of why we lost today. You can't change that.

One thing we can agree on is how competitive the Premier League is this season. I honestly believe 75 points could win the title. I think that's something we have to take into consideration - this league is ridiculously unpredictable.

Crazy thing is by the end of next Sat, we could be only 1 point behind Arsenal. That is how crazy it is.

This does have the air of a 'best of the bad bunch' title winning season.

We were much more in control of the game till we made those subs.

I disagree. Stoke grew in confidence in the second half because we weren't solid defensively.

We lost control of the game when we conceded the first IMO.

But I agree with the rest of your post, Mourinho was trying to win it, and like you said it didn't work... But as I've said before we shouldn't have to put him in that situation to begin with.

Same as last year really..at the moment its Arsenal hopefully that will change.Their crisis was over before it started

Tbf, Arsenal have been the only consistent team this year and it's why they're on top.

I'm just hoping us and probably City hit that consistency too - that's when the title race will get interesting.

Absolutely agree. How much more can a manager do in a match? The team were completely in control in that first half..and things should have stayed that way if it were not for that blunder by the keeper.

This kind of result takes the attention away from so many of the positives. Schurrle, and of course, Hazard. Eden was unplayable for nearly two thirds of the match, and could have presented us with a host of opportunities if Chelsea still had the lead at half time.

I disagree. Stoke grew in confidence in the second half because we weren't solid defensively.

We lost control of the game when we conceded the first IMO.

But I agree with the rest of your post, Mourinho was trying to win it, and like you said it didn't work... But as I've said before we shouldn't have to put him in that situation to begin with.

Stoke were completely losing the midfield battle, especially in the first half. Though they did gain confidence after scoring the second, but they were helped a lot by us having a man less in midfield when we brought on Eto'o for Schurle and taking off Mikel who was a vital part of our press in the first half and at recycling possession. When we lost control over the midfield we never looked like scoring.

Tbf, Arsenal have been the only consistent team this year and it's why they're on top.

I'm just hoping us and probably City hit that consistency too - that's when the title race will get interesting.

I think City have already triggered their "ON" switch...Its time for Chelsea to do the same. December could be the most crucial point in this season.

Such comments are laughable really. One week, we play well, win comfortably and they say we will challenge for the title. We look strong and going in the right direction bla bla bla. Lose one game like this and it's suddenly 'Chelsea are in crisis' or 'Chelsea are in trouble'. Pathetic!

Well people are ridiculous.

I been saying it, this team is inconsistent. One game we play good and the next we play bad.

We are not ready for anything till we are more consistent with our ways.