The Mourinho Thread

If we don't get Pep or Simeone in the summer we risk becoming Liverpool for the foreseeable future. Struggling desperately to get back into the top 4. We won't be able to attract or keep star players without a respected, top class manager and CL football.

I wonder how the majority of Chelsea fans would react to him not only going there but also being successful (and therefore preventing us from being successful).

He can make Chelsea look terrible and stick a dagger in us that'll hurt for years if we get our next appointment wrong.

Why does it matter? Utd will be succesful regardless.

I know it wouldn't bother me. Not more than it bothered me to see Utd winning under Ferguson anyway.

Why does it matter? Utd will be succesful regardless.

I know it wouldn't bother me. Not more than it bothered me to see Utd winning under Ferguson anyway.

A Chelsea legend and our all time greatest manager winning and stopping us winning with a direct rival wouldn't bother you?

That's madness to me. Especially if some of the players who got him sacked fuck off and abandon us.

I wonder how the majority of Chelsea fans would react to him not only going there but also being successful (and therefore preventing us from being successful).

He can make Chelsea look terrible and stick a dagger in us that'll hurt for years if we get our next appointment wrong.

He's made it clear we sacked him when the fans didn't want him to go, so there can't be any resentment there unless he says something to piss everyone off.

When he came back with Inter there was a lot of warmth there and no vitriol from what I recall, much like when Drog came back with Galatasaray. If he's going up against City and Pep, and we're not in the running for the title as I expect, then I hope he fucking stuffs them.

Keep going though mate...who hired Grant?

I think we need Roman to take a step back, work out what he wants and hire the best man for the job. City did that with Txiki, we need that buffer between the ownership and the coaching team. It's hard to overstate just how good a job City have done. Have the results on the pitch been good enough? Probably not but they know they want Pep next and when he comes in....bollocks.

I was going to say Granted but it didn't seem appropriate !

Not taking a sabbatical. Uh oh.

"He will not be taking a sabbatical, he isn't tired, he doesn't need it," said a statement from the agency which represents the 52-year-old.

"He is very positive and is already looking forward."

"Jose Mourinho is pleased that he returned to Chelsea because he was able to give the fans another Premier League title, which they had not won for many years," the statement continued.

"He is immensely proud of his eight trophies at Chelsea, and thanks the fans for all their support throughout his two spells at the club.

"During his career, Jose has sometimes chosen to leave a club, but only at Chelsea has the club decided that he should leave."

(BBC)

Very bad news.

But according to Styles and others we already have a legend: Emenalo.

Maybe he can man up and coach the team.

That would be very interesting, no more hiding. I heard Abramovich will kick him out if he doesn't find the right man next time, big pressure.

But i have to support our legend and hope he succeds...

A Chelsea legend and our all time greatest manager winning and stopping us winning with a direct rival wouldn't bother you?

That's madness to me. Especially if some of the players who got him sacked fuck off and abandon us.

I guess I look at it differently. Utd win. That's what they do. Can't be bothered by the manager in charge.

I never exclusively associate a manager to a club (and that goes for the vast majority of players but of course there are exceptions in both cases). Fabio Capello won so many trophies in charge of Milan. That's where he made his name, his peak if you will. He went to the likes of Roma and Juve after. Managers can go wherever they want.

(Capello is seriously Mourinho's dad btw. Scary similarities in their careers, personality and style).

I still don't understand why some of you say he will go to United when they don't like his style. If they are fed up with lvg you think Mourinho will be an improvement?

No I think he got his eyes on psg. Easy league, good team and a lot of money. Not to mention that if they get him now he get to face us.....

Haha, WHY people are concerned that he goes to United ? He was 16th in December with the squad of average age of 26,5.

And he is getting some benefits from it that we may brace ourself because he will win it all. Again, he left us at 16th.

Anyway, I think he will go to Real Madrid.

I still don't understand why some of you say he will go to United when they don't like his style. If they are fed up with lvg you think Mourinho will be an improvement?

No I think he got his eyes on psg. Easy league, good team and a lot of money. Not to mention that if they get him now he get to face us.....

Honestly, many of them are so desperate to get back the the summit that they won't care about his "style." They just want to win again and go further in the CL.

Can't see him wanting to go to PSG for the very reason you said. Piss easy league and no challenges on a week to week basis. Not winning the CL is a failure of a season there because walking Ligue 1 is no problem.

I think back to Madrid or United are his only two options.

Jose went 9 years and 150 league games without losing at home and now he lost 4 times in half a season.

You really have to be in some decline for that to happen.

Or you have a load of pussies in your ranks not playing to their ability...