The Mourinho Thread

Jose would go there, he'd get them scoring goals and he'd probably lead them to the title because their board would back him to the hilt. He's done that everywhere he's gone.

I know a lot of people have got into the habit of betting against Jose but I guarantee not a single person would put money on him failing at United if he went there.

I dont think they would take him now.

Jose would go there, he'd get them scoring goals and he'd probably lead them to the title because their board would back him to the hilt. He's done that everywhere he's gone.

I know a lot of people have got into the habit of betting against Jose but I guarantee not a single person would put money on him failing at United if he went there.

He'd do a great job for 2 years and then lose the dressing room. It's happened at Madrid. It happened here. It would happen there aswell.

He's simply been found out as a short term manager. The siege mentality, which is vital for Mourinho, turns against him after a while.

He needs to keep escalating things to keep the us vs them thing going and his pragmatic way of coaching gets boring fast.

He'd do a great job for 2 years and then lose the dressing room. It's happened at Madrid. It happened here. It would happen there aswell.

He's simply been found out as a short term manager. The siege mentality, which is vital for Mourinho, turns against him after a while.

He needs to keep escalating things to keep the us vs them thing going and his pragmatic way of coaching gets boring fast.

manure fans scream ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK at the Dutchmans team .. imagine with Jose it would be priceless

Possibly, but maybe in the third season at United they'd back him, give him a chance to succeed and he'd have competition for places to keep players on their toes.

You speak as if people are incapable of changing, of growth. Yet I've already heard people say that this wasn't the same Jose as 2005 Jose, so clearly they believe people are capable of change even if it's change they don't agree with.

But I'm sure you'll get the manager in you want next. Who is that by the way?

Possibly, but maybe in the third season at United they'd back him, give him a chance to succeed and he'd have competition for places to keep players on their toes.

You speak as if people are incapable of changing, of growth. Yet I've already heard people say that this wasn't the same Jose as 2005 Jose, so clearly they believe people are capable of change even if it's change they don't agree with.

WHO do you want ,, you ask everybody but chicken out on your choice

Sorry for coming again with the same shit but can't believe how many people didn't pick up how things pan out in the same way with Jose's third season as in Madrid (or in Chelsea even). There's always a rat, players are questioning him, there are people who he can't work with. Same pattern.

I just wanted to add (really I'm tired of this !!!) that the story from Telegraph seems plausible. They say that Jose doesn't hold grudges against players but say that they are mentally weak. WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY HIS MOTIVATIONAL WORK DOESN'T HAVE AN EFFECT ON THEM. Maybe weak is wrong word, I don't know. But this bunch of players is difficult for Jose's methods. Having thought about it there is less and less character players and more of the weak ones in football. And maybe Jose will have it more difficult to find the right ones in the coming years.

Don't blame the players and add stories to that. "Weak" (?) mentally doesn't mean you're a bad player. They need a coach now, who starts teaching them play.

Back him, give him a chance to succeed. What exactly do you mean with that though ? Are you talking about them getting rid of half their squad because they got fed up with Mourinho's methods after 2 years ?

Hate to break it to you but no team in the world would do that.

Also are you saying the Chelsea board didn't back him ? Didn't give him a chance to succeed ? If so then :lol:.

Over a period of 2 and a half years (5 transfer windows) we've spent over 322 million on new players.

Yes we've sold players aswell for lots of money but they were all squad players. Players who Mourinho feltl weren't good enough to start for him.

People blame Emenalo and the board for the current squad but you're kidding yourself if you believe Mourinho was an innocent bystander in what players we bought and what players we sold.

We sold players that didn't fit his system and bought players that did. There's no denying that. This squad is very much his squad.

His personality changed not his pragmatic coaching methods.

Who i want as a manager ? Guardiola would be the dream but i doubt he'd wanna come here, still he should be our number one candidate in the summer for me.

If Guardiola isn't avaiIable i woudn't mind having Hiddink as our permanent manager. Wouldn't want Simeone. Too similar to Mourinho. Too defensive.

Honestly i'd be good with any manager that wants to play posititve attacking football. Someone that doesn't blame everyone but himself for poor results and doesn't go looking for conflicts every chance he gets.

One day before he was sacked:

Most interesting part of this interview: he WOULD say he loves Chelsea more than other clubs he managed because he managed Chelsea twice. As simple as that. So, if he goes back to Inter, he will love Inter as much as Chelsea, and if he leaves Inter, and return for a 3rd time, then he would love Inter more than Chelsea.

Back him, give him a chance to succeed. What exactly do you mean with that though ? Are you talking about them getting rid of half their squad because they got fed up with Mourinho's methods after 2 years ?

Hate to break it to you but no team in the world would do that.

Also are you saying the Chelsea board didn't back him ? Didn't give him a chance to succeed ? If so then :lol:.

Over a period of 2 and a half years (5 transfer windows) we've spent over 322 million on new players.

Yes we've sold players aswell for lots of money but they were all squad players. Players who Mourinho feltl weren't good enough to start for him.

People blame Emenalo and the board for the current squad but you're kidding yourself if you believe Mourinho was an innocent bystander in what players we bought and what players we sold.

We sold players that didn't fit his system and bought players that did. There's no denying that. This squad is very much his squad.

His personality changed not his pragmatic coaching methods.

Who i want as a manager ? Guardiola would be the dream but i doubt he'd wanna come here, still he should be our number one candidate in the summer for me.

If Guardiola isn't avaiIable i woudn't mind having Hiddink as our permanent manager. Wouldn't want Simeone. Too similar to Mourinho. Too defensive.

Honestly i'd be good with any manager that wants to play posititve attacking football. Someone that doesn't blame everyone but himself for poor results and doesn't go looking for conflicts every chance he gets.

Just to address the laughing smiley, but do you actually think the board showed any ambition to retain the title in the summer when they were outspent by Man City by triple the amount NET! Jose wanted John Stones, he got Papy Djonoirngs. They didn't invest in the squad in the way ANY pundit would say they needed to.

As for Pep, do you think he'll bring the existing philosophies already in place at both Barca and Bayern with him because that's what we're sorely lacking. Pep plays pretty football but does he fit this Chelsea Football Club? Sorry but from my perspective, Simeone reflects the current club the best.

As much as Mourinho needed to leave, I find it very disappointing that both Cesc and hazard led the charge. They can be the next to leave, we don't need players like that at our club.

After Hazard publicly said he wanted to play the 10 role, like in the Stoke and Norwich game. Jose told in an interview that his perfects 10's were Sneijder and Deco, said they worked hard and delivered in the final third. And when asked if Eden could be like them he said no.

After that interview, he played Eden twice as false 9 and twice as LW, never at 10 anymore.

I think this was the key moment when Eden completely started to turn to Jose.

Jose shouldn't have done this, this was the worst timing to show who is the boss, and it was also damaging for Eden because he was gaining form in that 10 role despite being bad at 10 vs Liverpool.

Sometimes you must give your best player what he wants, if Messi wants to play 10 you must do it, if Zlatan wants to play behind the striker you must do it, so I think he should've given Hazard a run at 10 and I won't be surprised if he will be the new 10 for Chelsea from now on.

This is not an excuse to start a campaign against the manager though

Mourinho felt the biggest problem was the mentality of under-performing stars such as Hazard, Costa, Oscar and Ivanovic (Telegraph) #CFC

Jose Mourinho blasts Chelsea players as ‘mentally weak’ in damning final verdict on struggling squad (Telegraph) #CFC

Mourinho's damning verdict does not include goalkeeper Courtois who Mourinho will try to sign when he returns to management (Telegraph) #CFC

As much as Mourinho needed to leave, I find it very disappointing that both Cesc and hazard led the charge. They can be the next to leave, we don't need players like that at our club.

Don't be so gullible. "A source who has inside knowledge of the situation" That's code for i'm talking out of my ass.

Check the source. Only 2 outlets are reporting this. Bleacherreports and NBC sports. Wannabe reporters and an American news outlet. Explain how they would have inside information like that.

Also explain to me why the english tabloids aren't jumping on this story and reporting it ? I mean christ even the Sun isn't running it. That should tell you all you need to know.

Just to address the laughing smiley, but do you actually think the board showed any ambition to retain the title in the summer when they were outspent by Man City by triple the amount NET! Jose wanted John Stones, he got Papy Djonoirngs. They didn't invest in the squad in the way ANY pundit would say they needed to.

As for Pep, do you think he'll bring the existing philosophies already in place at both Barca and Bayern with him because that's what we're sorely lacking. Pep plays pretty football but does he fit this Chelsea Football Club? Sorry but from my perspective, Simeone reflects the current club the best.

Do you really think that's a valid excuse when we've spent 322 million in the 5 transferwindows Mourinho has been in charge here ? And i'm not 100 % sure but i think we outspent City the other transferwindows before though.

Again i know our net spent was very low due to us selling squad players but my point is you can't say our board didn't bring in players to please Mourinho. We had a lot of incoming transfers in Mourinho's second spell here.

We did back him.

Did we show ambition to retain the title ? Imo no but i don't think Mourinho would have been sacked if he hadn't won the title at the end of the season.

I think the club just wanted a top four season and a decent run in the CL.

I'm sorry but i just don't see that as a valid reason. We might not have invested that much in our squad over the summer but before we did invest quite heavily.

And regardless, even with no investments ( although we did buy Pedro and begovic.) over the summer we shouldn't be 1 point off relegation after 16 games.

If Guardiola would come here i have no doubt he'd make us play in a similar style as Barcelona did and Bayern do now. Ofcourse it wouldn't be an exact copy.

There would be different tweaks to the system but it would be a very attacking system based around keeping possession.

WHO do you want ,, you ask everybody but chicken out on your choice

Why should he make a choice? Presumably he was happy with Mourinho and presumably Mourinho would be his choice now.

The reason the question gets put to the José out mob is because they are the people who knew better. They are the ones who wanted him to go and so they are the people pressed for alternatives.

You can't complain when a guy who doesn't think it's broke doesn't offer a solution to fix it.

That was said about Lampard after AVB left, that he should have gone to.

A year later it appeared the club werent offering a new deal and I have no doubt some of the same people who wanted Lampard sacked had a meltdown over the board disrespecting a club legend.

That was said about Lampard after AVB left, that he should have gone to.

A year later it appeared the club werent offering a new deal and I have no doubt some of the same people who wanted Lampard sacked had a meltdown over the board disrespecting a club legend.

Don't you think there's a difference between a frank Lamport and cesc fibreglass? One is a legend, the other will be forgotten next season.