The Mourinho Thread

I guess the reason why Mata was so shit when Mourinho came get's no mention?

Our two time players of the years and now is bad when this guy comes around and start forcing people to his way?

The same thing has happen to the players this season to what happen to Mata when Mourinho came.

Sorry but not even Pellegrini does that.

And he is supposed to be a lesser manager to Mourinho.

Mourinho is past it, and the sooner we move on the better.

Thankfully, Moyes saved Juan. He must be enjoying now at Man Utd with LVG...

A lot of them blame the manager to be fair.....kinda the same thing I was saying.

I was being sarcastic when I suggested we blame Jose for Mata's downfall.

Mata is a great player but when he was our POTY (2 years running) we were nowhere near challenging for the title. We won the league last season without him.

I think he's probably found that his level isn't enough for top teams given the way he's been performing at United. Like Fergie once said, he's not a top, top player. Sad truth given he's a top class person.

With his last few post match interviews and press conferences at the club, he's managed to convince some of the fans that it was in fact the players responsible for the awful season and not his man management or his tactical approach.

Now the noise is that "look it's the players". Forever the master manipulator.

You should take a leaf out of Zola's quotes in your sig.

The bit about supporters are there always, and they never forget.

Remember? First Championship in half a century, bringing the club to elite status, our dominance over Arsenal, victories over Barca? Remember those?

I'll give you a hint, the person that helped us achieve those, his name starts with M and ends with Ourinho.

Steve Holland says the supporters have a right to voice their opinion however they wish.

Steve Holland says it is an honour for work for a club like #Chelsea and that he has just met Guus Hiddink.

Steve Holland: "Thursday was a very sad day. Jose Mourinho is an exceptional coach and person. He asked me out for a meal next week."

Chelsea FC ‏@ChelseaFC
Holland says Mourinho and his staff were fantastic to him and calls Mourinho an exceptional person who was a privilege to work with. #CFC

Steve Holland: "Thursday was a very sad day. Jose Mourinho is an exceptional coach and person. He asked me out for a meal next week."

With his last few post match interviews and press conferences at the club, he's managed to convince some of the fans that it was in fact the players responsible for the awful season and not his man management or his tactical approach.

Now the noise is that "look it's the players". Forever the master manipulator.

Well how was our approach today so vastly different? Because other than increased effort it looked about the same to me and most people with eyes.

Tell somebody who doesn't know any better that was a Chelsea performance from 14/15 with Mourinho at the rudder and few would argue otherwise.

Well how was our approach today so vastly different? Because other than increased effort it looked about the same to me and most people with eyes.

Tell somebody who doesn't know any better that was a Chelsea performance from 14/15 with Mourinho at the rudder and few would argue otherwise.

somebody just wants attention dude. leave it.

Got to laugh how the same Daily Mail who have been on Mourinho's case for months, running every gash article their "journalists'", namely Neil Ashton's, little fingers could type out, are now going with the headline "Time to call José?" regarding United's current situation.

I saw a lot more penetration, movement, pace in our attacks and definitely more decisiveness, even though that last one is still a work in progress.

We created more chances in 1 league game than in our last 5/6 league games put together. It wasn't just about effort, there was a lot of quality and class on show.

Let's not forget Jose once said these group of players were some of the best he's EVER worked with. This was when we were winning of course.

All of a sudden, we start losing and it's I was betrayed and I made them better than they really were. And then from that it's mutiny and player power while the manager leaves blameless to the sounds of adulation.

That's him all over. He did the same at Madrid, blaming the players for everything wrong and taking credit for everything right. I think he even credited himself for Ronaldo's form despite the fact that Ronaldo was already a world class player before Jose arrived and even after he left.

He's a genius no doubt and I will always appreciate what he did for us but I'm also very relieved he's been sacked and this time it should be final. No more coming back.

We should definitely name a stand at Stamford bridge or something commemorative for him though. That much he deserves.

I really have my doubts whether Mourinho will actually be able to get that United job.

1. United want success but they won't tolerate having a manager who incites trouble and creates negative headlines at every opportunity. Even Bobby Charlton, who has a strong influence at the club, has voiced his disapproval at the possibility of appointing Mourinho in the past.

2. United want their team to play attacking football and as we have seen with our own eyes, Mourinho is not the man to give them that. If their fans are already complaining about the style under Van Gaal, then there's every chance they will do the same with Mourinho even if he gets results.

3. United have a tradition of integrating youth players into the first team squad (whether they are actually successful or good is another story) and again, we have seen it ourselves that Mourinho doesn't do that. Giving them the odd game here and there or some minutes here and there really doesn't count. Varane is like arguably the only young player he's managed in the last 10 years that he's actually used prominently. The rest are almost tossed aside and used only a few times.