The Mourinho Thread

It's not his problem if we are that dumb to give him away to Man Utd.

No it isn't.. It's unfortunate that we have a rotten board that makes the stupid decisions in the first place!

I just can't imagine Mourinho managing any other English club!

So all of you blaming the club for sacking him, please tell me what choice the club had?

HE HAD FALLEN OUT WITH THE PLAYERS AND THEY WERE NO LONGER PLAYING FOR HIM.

let that sink in. it doesn't matter how good of a manager you're, if the players are no longer playing for you, it's over. The club can't sack all the players and buy new ones as that would be practically impossible. Even if they somehow managed to do that, what would happen the next time Jose falls out with these new players? Sack them as well and buy a whole new team again?

He wasn't sacked because of results, as I'm sure a united Chelsea dressing room can easily claw their way back up, but a disunited one will only end with us playing in the championship. the club made the right decision.

In today's 76-page Chelsea v Sunderland match programme there is not a single picture of Jose Mourinho.

:rant:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2285008/Roberto-Di-Matteo-airbushed-Chelsea-history--club-remove-Champions-League-picture.html

Well, it's Chelsea FC. We are used to do that. Sadly.

I know Mou is Mou and people think that's the end all be all.

What many people are forgetting is that world class managers don't start off as world class managers. They develop into that role. They have to start somewhere. What I'm trying to get at is that sometimes new blood is the way to go. You never know who the next high level coach is until they actually get a real opportunity to apply their ideologies. I can understand the uneasiness of the future and if things go wrong (or in this case, worse) then that's a hole you probably never climb out of.

Thinking Mourinho is the ONLY way we can be this elite level squad or maintain it will actually make it come true. I will and can admit that our rise will be stunted for the time being. I can admit that I was on the fence at first, then slowly but surely was pro "Mou out". I can also admit that as much as I wanted him to go he's still the managerial legend of this club and it shouldn't be forgotten. Just remember that sometimes loyalty will drag you into the depths of misery if the figure you are loyal too is starting to cause you harm as well and eventually you have to disconnect to preserve yourself.

I'll also admit that A. players must take some of the blame for this because its clear they didn't care to compete and B. Mou clearly wasn't the only issue amongst the staff as now we have people questioning the board's direction as well. Mourinho is the loudest problem but not the only one, I'll definitely give him that benefit.

The future will show us what the organization is truly about.

Too much common sense here.

There are like two school of thoughts each person could subscribe to -

Either they played deliberately bad to get Mourinho the sack, due to his decisions or the way he made certain judgments and they felt they just didn't want to play under him anymore.

Or, they were heavily restrained tactically and really didn't have the confidence to potray themselves.

Side note, Sunderland have been awful really, and I think they carried in some complacency . but no team could play drastically better than the boys have today, and I don't see any tactical differences at all. It's all individual performances coming together very well. Anyway good result so far.

So all of you blaming the club for sacking him, please tell me what choice the club had?

HE HAD FALLEN OUT WITH THE PLAYERS AND THEY WERE NO LONGER PLAYING FOR HIM.

let that sink in. it doesn't matter how good of a manager you're, if the players are no longer playing for you, it's over. The club can't sack all the players and buy new ones as that would be practically impossible. Even if they somehow managed to do that, what would happen the next time Jose falls out with these new players? Sack them as well and buy a whole new team again?

He wasn't sacked because of results, as I'm sure a united Chelsea dressing room can easily claw their way back up, but a disunited one will only end with us playing in the championship. the club made the right decision.

The club should have held out until January 1st then fucked the 'offended' players off.