The Mourinho Thread

Who knew about this? :o

Michael Emenalo has offered to resign from his role as Chelsea’s sporting director to facilitate the return of Jose Mourinho.

It is understood that Emenalo’s proposal was immediately rejected by Roman Abramovich, the owner, who views him as an important adviser and wants to keep him at Stamford Bridge.

Emenalo’s influence emerged as a potential problem.....

source: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/clubs/chelsea/article3778079.ece

Couldn't get full article since I don't pay for the times, but damn !

Mourinho felt the biggest problem was the mentality of under-performing stars such as Hazard, Costa, Oscar and Ivanovic (Telegraph) #CFC

Jose Mourinho blasts Chelsea players as ‘mentally weak’ in damning final verdict on struggling squad (Telegraph) #CFC

Mourinho's damning verdict does not include goalkeeper Courtois who Mourinho will try to sign when he returns to management (Telegraph) #CFC

Yet he kept playing them and refused to play Remy, RLC and Baba. He made critical mistakes and that's why he left... simple. It was 50% Jose's fault but also 50% the teams fault.

Emenalo a legend.

I know you're on the wind up here, but are you honestly happy that he's the most senior footballing voice at the club at the moment? You're a Chelsea fan so is this what you want for your club?

And further to that point, what do you see his footballing philosophy to be? Tell you what, don't go to in depth on this just choose one of these words - attacking, defensive. Let's see if we can narrow down what your 'legends' footballing philosophy is. Or are you simply a wum trying to get a rise out of Chelsea supporters on the Internet?

The bigger problem is the spectre that hangs over the club in Avram Grant. Who appointed Emenalo? Grant. Who recommended Baba ? Grant. A mate of mine drinks in the same boozer as one of the coaches under Grant at West Ham (initials are the same as an oil then 40). He would come into the pub and when asked about Grant would always say '' The geezer is fucking clueless''.

Well, I work for a market research company and if I have a manager. If anything goes bad with one of my projects and it's my fault, the manager tries to correct it and talks to me, explaining what I did wrong. If I do the same mistake again, he's not gonna be so nice with the explanations. But if I do it the third time, I probably lose my place in the team that I'm part of. The place in HIS team. Because that's what a manager has to do: talk to his team members, let them know what's wrong, try to help them and also punish them if they don't listen to him. And what happens if a lot of my teammates start messing projects up? The company starts to go down, the money come short and the big bosses get upset. Who do they fire? Us, the team members or him, the manager? The answer is simple: the manager. Because the manager is put in that position and paid a lot in order to make us do a good job. If he losses it, if he can't control us anymore, if he doesn't take measures when he has to, it's HIS fault.

I love Mourinho and I am really sorry that it didn't work anymore, but I have to agree with Mr. Abramovich: he had no choice but to fire him. Because HE lost the dressing room. It was HIS job not to lose it. I'm sorry, but that's the truth in my opinion.

On the other hand, the players' fault is that they put their ego about club's interest. That's why those who did that have to leave aswell. Unfortunately, you can't find 8 other players from Thursday to Saturday, like you can find another manager. I hope that the board will be smart enough to do what's best for Chelsea in the summer. This season is compromised and we need to accept that.

The bigger problem is the spectre that hangs over the club in Avram Grant. Who appointed Emenalo? Grant. Who recommended Baba ? Grant. A mate of mine drinks in the same boozer as one of the coaches under Grant at West Ham (initials are the same as an oil then 40). He would come into the pub and when asked about Grant would always say '' The geezer is fucking clueless''.

Keep going though mate...who hired Grant?

I think we need Roman to take a step back, work out what he wants and hire the best man for the job. City did that with Txiki, we need that buffer between the ownership and the coaching team. It's hard to overstate just how good a job City have done. Have the results on the pitch been good enough? Probably not but they know they want Pep next and when he comes in....bollocks.

That was said about Lampard after AVB left, that he should have gone to.

A year later it appeared the club werent offering a new deal and I have no doubt some of the same people who wanted Lampard sacked had a meltdown over the board disrespecting a club legend.

Lampard is no Cesc. And AVB is no Mourinho.

Keep going though mate...who hired Grant?

I think we need Roman to take a step back, work out what he wants and hire the best man for the job. City did that with Txiki, we need that buffer between the ownership and the coaching team. It's hard to overstate just how good a job City have done. Have the results on the pitch been good enough? Probably not but they know they want Pep next and when he comes in....bollocks.

In terms of income, success. moving forward, infrastructure, player/manager turnover etc etc Man City are at the moment the best run club in the league

Not taking a sabbatical. Uh oh.

"He will not be taking a sabbatical, he isn't tired, he doesn't need it," said a statement from the agency which represents the 52-year-old.

"He is very positive and is already looking forward."

"Jose Mourinho is pleased that he returned to Chelsea because he was able to give the fans another Premier League title, which they had not won for many years," the statement continued.

"He is immensely proud of his eight trophies at Chelsea, and thanks the fans for all their support throughout his two spells at the club.

"During his career, Jose has sometimes chosen to leave a club, but only at Chelsea has the club decided that he should leave."

(BBC)

Well, I work for a market research company and if I have a manager. If anything goes bad with one of my projects and it's my fault, the manager tries to correct it and talks to me, explaining what I did wrong. If I do the same mistake again, he's not gonna be so nice with the explanations. But if I do it the third time, I probably lose my place in the team that I'm part of. The place in HIS team. Because that's what a manager has to do: talk to his team members, let them know what's wrong, try to help them and also punish them if they don't listen to him. And what happens if a lot of my teammates start messing projects up? The company starts to go down, the money come short and the big bosses get upset. Who do they fire? Us, the team members or him, the manager? The answer is simple: the manager. Because the manager is put in that position and paid a lot in order to make us do a good job. If he losses it, if he can't control us anymore, if he doesn't take measures when he has to, it's HIS fault.

I love Mourinho and I am really sorry that it didn't work anymore, but I have to agree with Mr. Abramovich: he had no choice but to fire him. Because HE lost the dressing room. It was HIS job not to lose it. I'm sorry, but that's the truth in my opinion.

On the other hand, the players' fault is that they put their ego about club's interest. That's why those who did that have to leave aswell. Unfortunately, you can't find 8 other players from Thursday to Saturday, like you can find another manager. I hope that the board will be smart enough to do what's best for Chelsea in the summer. This season is compromised and we need to accept that.

Totally agree with you Cosmin.

But can I add that it's now time to draw a line under this farce. Jose'e gone, A new Chelsea dawn is about to begin, so lets all get behind the team, and can we all stop please turning this into a witchunt. Why do we feel the need to throw someone else under the bus? As you said mate, the manager had lost the dressing room and he, untimately had to shoulder the blame.

Not taking a sabbatical. Uh oh.

"He will not be taking a sabbatical, he isn't tired, he doesn't need it," said a statement from the agency which represents the 52-year-old.

"He is very positive and is already looking forward."

"Jose Mourinho is pleased that he returned to Chelsea because he was able to give the fans another Premier League title, which they had not won for many years," the statement continued.

"He is immensely proud of his eight trophies at Chelsea, and thanks the fans for all their support throughout his two spells at the club.

"During his career, Jose has sometimes chosen to leave a club, but only at Chelsea has the club decided that he should leave."

(BBC)

Not surprised. Think he'll go to United and fight it out with City for the title in 2017-18.

We'll be fighting it out with Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs for top four I reckon.

Damn it's going to be hard to love him if he's winning titles and God forbid the UCL with United. Oh well, time to move on I guess.

I wonder how the majority of Chelsea fans would react to him not only going there but also being successful (and therefore preventing us from being successful).

He can make Chelsea look terrible and stick a dagger in us that'll hurt for years if we get our next appointment wrong.