The Mourinho Thread

its jose mourinho. he will find a new job by the end of the month if he wants. surely by the end of the year.

that would be an acceptable risk when compared to the financial loss by being mid table in PL, not getting CL next season, getting eliminated from CL early on etc etc... and all of this because he chooses his players due to height.

Where would he find a new job so quickly? Can't see any way he goes to PSG as he'd be bored out of his mind with that league. Likewise Serie A. Can't go back to Spain. It's either wait for Van Gaal's contract to run out and hope he can persuade them to hire him or take a much smaller job.

There are only so many top clubs out there he can manage and he's gone through quite a few.

Where would he find a new job so quickly? Can't see any way he goes to PSG as he'd be bored out of his mind with that league. Likewise Serie A. Can't go back to Spain. It's either wait for Van Gaal's contract to run out and hope he can persuade them to hire him or take a much smaller job.

There are only so many top clubs out there he can manage and he's gone through quite a few.

I would love to see PSG in the UCL with Mourinho as manager

Who pays a manager € 13.5 million a year. Seriously.

No one is worth that, especially not a manager whose only tactic is to try and park the bus...

You make this guy a multimillionaire and he keeps making mistakes everyone who has watched 5 Chelsea games this year wouldn't make.

It's just retarded.

He makes just slightly less than Cristiano Ronaldo. Buy him and get a cheaper manager and see what happens.

Personally, the main reason I do not want him sacked is because this is an awkward part of the season. The transfer window is shut and there is quite a lot of time until the January window. If there is indeed a new manager soon, they won't be able to make any changes to the squad for quite some time. There is still over two months until January and that is ample time to fix what is ailing the team.

My preference is to wait until the end of the season to sack him [or not]. This is a huge and expensive decision and shouldn't be made as soon as now. Everything is a mess right now, but to sack Mourinho and bring in another manager may fix things in the short term but may create future issues with the club. I'd hate to see another Robbie di Matteo instance where the new manager is given a contract at the end of the season and sacked a few games into the next season. That would be a fiasco.

The right decisions need to be made and sometimes they have to be made patiently.

Strange - why do we automatically need new players?

I'm more than confident that with a change of formation, dropping some players and bringing others in we have enough in our locker to challenge for the Top 4 positions. Let me caveat that by saying if another manager came in, picked on merit and expanded our attacking play we would be fine. We don't need a tactical genius - we just need a manager that understand attacking shape, pressing and pass/move - all the things we seem to fail at - it's like watching a Sunday football team.

nice to see that since the Board backed Mourinho - people no longer want him gone. I wonder how many will change their mind if we lose at Villa. This - I will give him one more game - exercise is futile and the Board have dropped a clanger.

Who pays a manager € 13.5 million a year. Seriously.

No one is worth that, especially not a manager whose only tactic is to try and park the bus...

You make this guy a multimillionaire and he keeps making mistakes everyone who has watched 5 Chelsea games this year wouldn't make.

It's just retarded.

He makes just slightly less than Cristiano Ronaldo. Buy him and get a cheaper manager and see what happens.

One league title (under José) and one CL in how many years he's already there.

He won more when he was at United under SAF.

One league title (under José) and one CL in how many years he's already there.

He won more when he was at United under SAF.

Yeayea.

Cristiano makes 40-50 goals a season, José makes zero goals a season.

I'd go for Ronaldo.

I'm just saying José is not worth anything close to what you gave him. And now that he has a 5 year deal he can pretty much finish last and still take the club hostage (since he would "NEVER resign!!!") unless they give him € 50 million.

Also, Ronaldo wasn't playing Barca in the Premier League. ;-)

Yeayea.

Ehmm...the notion that 1 (non-team) player will win you trophies is absurd. Do you think the second coming of christ Ronaldo will set up tactics in big matches or he will jsut sulk when a team-mate doesn't pass the ball to him, so he can inflate his goal stats and ego?

Personally i would never want a players like that in any team i'd support.

Also, "what you gave him"?

Ehmm...the notion that 1 (non-team) player will win you trophies is absurd. Do you think the second coming of christ Ronaldo will set up tactics in big matches or he will jsut sulk when a team-mate doesn't pass the ball to him, so he can inflate his goal stats and ego?

Personally i would never want a players like that in any team i'd support.

Also, "what you gave him"?

It was an example ffs. Players win you trophies, managers make you think they make you win trophies. They might make a difference yes. José is making a negative difference, that's for sure. Give Ferguson or Guardiola 11 donkeys and they win exactly nothing.

And here comes the "what do you mean, YOU? Are you not a CHELSEA fan!!!?" argument again. ^^

Yeah......no. Absolutely not. There's no need to explain why also.

Explain to me what he added to the team. Give me a practical example. Did he make them play better football? Are they more secure? Did he put the right guys on the right spot? Did he bring some nice patterns with him? Fluent attacks? A nice atmosphere in the dressing room? A positive image for the club?

Most managers are completely interchangeable. Did Van Gaal do a better job than Moyes for example? Van Gaal got a couple of € 100 million of new players. Moyes got Fellaini. They were arguably even worse last year. Play like complete shit.

I'm saying any decent manager will do.

AVB, Grant, Scolari and RDM would want your theory to be true.

A nice atmosphere in the dressing room?

A positive image for the club?

290A761700000578-3095077-image-a-248_143

Are they more secure?

Eden%20Hazard.jpg

Did he make them play better football?

first-half of the season with pretty and fluent attacks, wins over Liverpool,Man City and 6-0 to Arsenal in his first year.

Want another example of "any decent manager will do"? Give the current Belgium NT to someone like Lippi 2006 or Del Bosque 2010 and they might put in a convincing performance finally.

johnnythefirst, on 07 Oct 2015 - 12:59 PM, said:

Yeayea.

Cristiano makes 40-50 goals a season, José makes zero goals a season.

I'd go for Ronaldo.

I'm just saying José is not worth anything close to what you gave him. And now that he has a 5 year deal he can pretty much finish last and still take the club hostage (since he would "NEVER resign!!!") unless they give him € 50 million.

Also, Ronaldo wasn't playing Barca in the Premier League. ;-)

tumblr_m1k5cz4AP81qm8f9oo1_400.gif

What A Stupid Logic.

Nothing personal, but this sounds like something a Basketball fan starting to follow Football this year would say, you should know better as a regular Football fan..