The Mourinho Thread

Am I wrong in thinking this? If Mourinho finds a job which undoubtedly he will next next season Chelsea would only have to pay the difference between his new contract and his old one. So I don't think think we would pay 30m because highly unlikely Mourinho goes jobless for 4 years.

injured in 2007 after that in only 2 seasons did he play more than 30 pl games

During the two seasons after 2007 he played 73/76 League games, he was injured in 2010-2011, thus playing only 24 games, then went on to play 85/114 league games in his last three seasons with us, when he was aged 33 to 36.

Now I may agree with the fact that Jose burns some of his players by demanding way too much from them over a short period, but you are using the wrong example.

Mourinho has said more than once that if he ever did leave Chelsea he'd want to coach another English team. There's only one other English team he'd coach. Wonder how people here would feel seeing him as the United manager. Think everyone would dread it.

RDM?

You missed my point about the squad being unseasoned as well. RDM had Drogba, Terry, Lampard and Cech. Hell, you even saw Terry spouting managerial instructions from behind RDM's back in one match. RDM didn't turn around the situation on his own. He had help from the players and their experience in cup competitions. A lot.

Mourinho has said more than once that if he ever did leave Chelsea he'd want to coach another English team. There's only one other English team he'd coach. Wonder how people here would feel seeing him as the United manager. Think everyone would dread it.

Guardiola already said he likes the atmosphere at Old Trafford. They would probably go for him. Tottenham would like to hire Mourinho imo. He would increase their popularity in two years.

Like I asked a couple of days ago, sacking him and needing to pay such a huge sum would surely impact his potential successor when it comes to signing players?

its jose mourinho. he will find a new job by the end of the month if he wants. surely by the end of the year.

that would be an acceptable risk when compared to the financial loss by being mid table in PL, not getting CL next season, getting eliminated from CL early on etc etc... and all of this because he chooses his players due to height.