The Mourinho Thread

Well I read something this morning that kind of made sense "The players are bored with playing in a tactical straight jacket and want to play with more flair/freedom"

I can see a few of our players that might feel that way, Eden for one.

Altough i would like to see us play with more flair, those kind of statements rile me up.

In the end, players are employees who earn hundreds of thousands of pounds each week so they shouldn't be bored and moaning about the what and the how and be professional and just do what they have been told to do

This. If they are bored living dream lives and winning titles, then they can fuck off for all I care.

what about this. does THIS amaze you?

When I play Azpilicueta on the right and Baba Rahman on the left and I don’t play Ivanovic, I have only three, not even four. So we have to think about all the details. And I think about all the details.”

basically we have to have the worst team in the world , because baba isnt 5cm taller. great details

Yeh because it's a crime to want to play with attacking freedom.

It is a crime to be 'bored' to the extent you are letting the whole club including the fans down while being paid insane amounts of money to do the opposite. If you are okay with this kind of mentality, then be my guest.

It is a crime to be 'bored' to the extent you are letting the whole club including the fans down while being paid insane amounts of money to do the opposite. If you are okay with this kind of mentality, then be my guest.

i dont think they are bored, just stagnant , and waiting for the manager to freshen it up.

Champions League is the deciding factor on whether Jose stays or goes.

I fancy as long as we are in that then Roman will be fine. Failure to make the Quarters will be a problem for him, just as ineligibity to qualify for next year.

Altough i would like to see us play with more flair, those kind of statements rile me up.

In the end, players are employees who earn hundreds of thousands of pounds each week so they shouldn't be bored and moaning about the what and the how and be professional and just do what they have been told to do

Someone on here posted a good article/video on how financial gains and bonuses only work up unto a certain level. If that level is reached money won't motivate employees, in this case players, anymore. On the contrary it is counterproductive. Why would a player who earns tens of millions still care anymore? Thats where the manager comes in, he(or she) has to find other ways to motivate the players, more freedom,autonomy and joint decision making for instance.

"Mourinho burns out his players after a year and a half, at most two years," Capello said on Fox Sports.

"I had already heard it when he was in Madrid and now we have confirmation in London.

"It is true that Chelsea are paying for some of their absences - like [Thibaut] Courtois - but there have also been tactical errors from the coach, who this year is not preparing for matches very well.

Yeah he burns them and then dances around the pyre. Says Capello whose England players were knackered after one game in WC 2010.

But he might have a point. Tiny squad, no rotation, horrible preseason, needless post season. But it could also be the opposite. The players had an elongated break and still look far from fit. Maybe he burns them not enough. Also players like Pedro, Falcao, Zouma, Remy look average or shit and should hardly be exhausted.

Yeah he burns them and then dances around the pyre. Says Capello whose England players were knackered after one game in WC 2010.

But he might have a point. Tiny squad, no rotation, horrible preseason, needless post season. But it could also be the opposite. The players had an elongated break and still look far from fit. Maybe he burns them not enough. Also players like Pedro, Falcao, Zouma, Remy look average or shit and should hardly be exhausted.

Not just physically but also mentally.

Not surprising Mourinho's favourite siege mentality approach has now changed to there's a rat in the team. Gotta keep finding new ways to motivate people.

I wonder what's next when the rat approach runs its course.

Not just physically but also mentally.

Not surprising Mourinho's favourite siege mentality approach has now changed to there's a rat in the team. Gotta keep finding new ways to motivate people.

I wonder what's next when the rat approach runs its course.

we can have a new squad every 2years!

Sorry, but no way would the players' responsibility be down to just 6%. Neither Jose nor the board are going onto the pitch and playing like crap.

Yes they are playing like crap and suffering a huge lack of confidence. That is the outcome of the situation. I'm talking about the means by which it got to this point... Don't forget that we are discussing about a squad of highly talented players and current champions of England. Granted, some of them can suffer a certain level of dip in performance but a whole team as good as ours can't just turn to shit over a period of a few months. The only way the players can contribute to the problem is by becoming complacent and unprofessional but that would reflect badly as much on the manager as it will on the team.

"Mourinho burns out his players after a year and a half, at most two years," Capello said on Fox Sports.

"I had already heard it when he was in Madrid and now we have confirmation in London.

"It is true that Chelsea are paying for some of their absences - like [Thibaut] Courtois - but there have also been tactical errors from the coach, who this year is not preparing for matches very well.

Funny Capello would make a comment like that. He is Mourinho's dad.

But I've been thinking the same. Trying to make sense out of the situation, you look at Mourinho's history and his teams. I think his style is very exhausting for players, especially combined with the lack of rotation. And when you look at how often he talks about the importance of players impressing and earning their stripes in training. I think his training methods are (very) intense. Eventually leading to physical but more importantly mental exhaustion

Mourinho teams are known for their fitness. He gets 100% out of them. Make that 110%. It would explain why he does his best work in the first two seasons. Chelsea (first time around) and Real dipped in the third season. He left Inter after two seasons but they struggled in the season after he left as well.

What we are experience now is extreme. All managers hit bottom at some point. We weren't lucky enough to experience his all-time high (treble with Inter) but we've been honoured to go through his all-time low with him. In normal circumstances, Chelsea would look off the pace and stale, with six or seven points more in the league, instead of the current hot mess.

But it's just a theory.