The Mourinho Thread

You know, I think the best thing possible would be for us to finish in the bottom half of the table so some of the shit that claims to "support" us fucks off to City or United.

I wasn't alive when we were flirting with relegation to Division 3, but my old man was. Instead, I grew up watching the Gullitt/Vialli/Ranieri days, where we'd go out and beat United at Old Trafford then lose at home to Coventry next week - but back then, everyone was proper Chels and the attitude was firmly "win or lose, up the Blues".

Nowadays the entitlement is so great that if we don't win a game 5-0 then people aren't happy. Football is fickle and you have to take the good days with the bad. We've been spoilt rotten in the last ten years, with the "worst" season we've endured in that period being either 2007/08 when we finished second in the league, and finished as runners up in the League Cup, Champions League and Community Shield, or in 2013/14 when we were a massive four points off the title and Champions League semi-finalists.

There are teams that can't even dream of those "failures". People need to appreciate we've been spoilt rotten and we're due a bit of a bad run after gliding our way seamlessly through the entirety of 2014/15.

Imagine wanting the greatest manager in the history of the club to get the sack because we've "only" won four out of our nine games this season :lol: :lol: :lol:

THIS.

:clap::clap::clap:

You know, I think the best thing possible would be for us to finish in the bottom half of the table so some of the shit that claims to "support" us fucks off to City or United.

I wasn't alive when we were flirting with relegation to Division 3, but my old man was. Instead, I grew up watching the Gullitt/Vialli/Ranieri days, where we'd go out and beat United at Old Trafford then lose at home to Coventry next week - but back then, everyone was proper Chels and the attitude was firmly "win or lose, up the Blues".

Nowadays the entitlement is so great that if we don't win a game 5-0 then people aren't happy. Football is fickle and you have to take the good days with the bad. We've been spoilt rotten in the last ten years, with the "worst" season we've endured in that period being either 2007/08 when we finished second in the league, and finished as runners up in the League Cup, Champions League and Community Shield, or in 2013/14 when we were a massive four points off the title and Champions League semi-finalists.

There are teams that can't even dream of those "failures". People need to appreciate we've been spoilt rotten and we're due a bit of a bad run after gliding our way seamlessly through the entirety of 2014/15.

Imagine wanting the greatest manager in the history of the club to get the sack because we've "only" won four out of our nine games this season :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is not a question of Being Spoiled , at least for me .
Mou not stand it anymore , not for the coach (which is certainly not a phenomenon ) but especially for the person who is , for me , we can reach even the last place in the standings, but not like that, not with him !

The "entitlement" I prefer to call it expectation or requirement are greater now because we are no longer the Chelsea of the division on/two days. we are now a global/household name with massive ambitions, massive budgets, squad full of quality players on massive wages,highly successful and (I hope anyway) still with the desire to sustain our status as a top team. If we were a proper midtable or relegation candidate team with squad and budget to match then the talk of entitlement and suffering of the "good old days" would make sense and have more merit but we no longer are. the bigger the ambition/budget/status, the bigger the expectation. that's the basic rule of life.

The bottomline is, we are underperforming massively and the manager is hugely at fault for his lack of foresight (It's been coming) and inability to do what's required to turn things around.

we have won league and coc last season.

we're 7 matches in and claiming the manager isn't turning it around is foolish. We can still win everything.

You think a manager who doesn't like to lose will finish outside the top 4? Riiiight.

Where were you after we won against Arsenal? Waiting for our next loss or draw to begin moaning again?

Seriously don't you get tired of writing the same thing day after day? *Comes to TC* *Moans about the manager/our poor form/lpayers we've let go in the past/rinse and repeat*

Will laugh my ass off if we finish the season with a major title and some on here will say "but we didn't play well, sack him anyway"

i wouldn't say he's the greatest manager in the history of the club...it's probably more appropriate to say the greatest manager in the Abramovich era

i wouldn't say he's the greatest manager in the history of the club...it's probably more appropriate to say the greatest manager in the Abramovich era

Who was better, then? I'm talking in terms of success and longevity - no-one matches José, IMO.

The "entitlement" I prefer to call it expectation or requirement are greater now because we are no longer the Chelsea of the division on/two days. we are now a global/household name with massive ambitions, massive budgets, squad full of quality players on massive wages,highly successful and (I hope anyway) still with the desire to sustain our status as a top team. If we were a proper midtable or relegation candidate team with squad and budget to match then the talk of entitlement and suffering of the "good old days" would make sense and have more merit but we no longer are. the bigger the ambition/budget/status, the bigger the expectation. that's the basic rule of life.

The bottomline is, we are underperforming massively and the manager is hugely at fault for his lack of foresight (It's been coming) and inability to do what's required to turn things around.

So yes all things considered, we are entitled to expect better from the team in the same way Real madrid or Bayern fans (just using them as an example) are entitled to expect their team to challenge for the title or at the very least finish in the top two of their league and be competitive.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with entitlement as long as it's not misplaced i.e It would be wrong for Bournemouth fans to expect their team to finish in top four places and qualify to the champions league but absolutely normal and reasonable for the fans of the defending champions to at the very least expect their team to achieve the same objective.

Fair points, thank you for the reasoned judgement.

We are underperforming, however I believe the accusations towards José are not wholly deserved. We can create as many "Mourinho out" topics as we want, but when will we create the "The players should pull their fingers out" topic as well? My point, referring to entitlement, is that some people have been spoilt by success and are being a lot unreasonable with some of the quite laughable over-reactions.

It is not a question of Being Spoiled , at least for me .
Mou not stand it anymore , not for the coach (which is certainly not a phenomenon ) but especially for the person who is , for me , we can reach even the last place in the standings, but not like that, not with him !

When I talk about being spoilt by success, that means whenever we have poor periods - like we are at the minute - we can't look at things objectively. I believe all of these criticisms of Jose have only emerged in light of our poor run of results. If we'd won 7 out of 7 in the league, these comments wouldn't be here, it's as simple as that.

I believe all of these criticisms of Jose have only emerged in light of our poor run of results. If we'd won 7 out of 7 in the league, these comments wouldn't be here, it's as simple as that.

Well, that's just common sense innit? If people criticized the manager for 100% win rate, then I personally would question their mental health.

I said this after we won the double and had a bad start to the following season. It would be interesting to see how many users on this forum and other forms of social media never use talk Chelsea again. But then all rich clubs have a 'Fake' fan base. I was born in 88 so it was early to mid 90s that i really paid attention to Chelsea, and it was so hot and cold like you said beating United then losing to a team at the bottom the next. I tell you one thing i hated school because it was full of Arsenal fans and we could never beat the cunts lol

I don't want Jose to be sacked dont see the point of what we will get out of it as a club tbh. But Since he has come back my feelings towards him have changed a little because he is such a moaning miserable middle aged fart. And the way he comes across in PC now is just poor. I miss the days or him being chilled and funny but at the same time we all knew he meant business. ATM for me its just excuses after excuses.

And last thing we need the Jose back that after 25 mins into a game he makes subs because players are playing shit. I have never known Jose to rub egos before like he is doing now with Hazard, Fabregas, Ivanovic etc. Kick em to the bench show em he aint taking shit and i bet we turn this season around. If not i can see used finishing at best 9th 10th and then he will be sacked.

you are right , but something has to give. its up to him , to remove ivanovic, play more expansive, change formation , young players ect. if he doesn't start addressing some of these problems, then he isn't fit to be our manager,

you are right , but something has to give. its up to him , to remove ivanovic, play more expansive, change formation , young players ect. if he doesn't start addressing some of these problems, then he isn't fit to be our manager,

I wholeheartedly agree! Time for him to take a fair portion of the responsibility as well, I concur.

Mods?

I'll decide what needs to be moderated and what doesn't, thanks. If both users want to be antagonistic towards each other then that's their call.

Only possible because of Roman's money.

So it doesn't mean much to me, it just means that as long as we got a competent manager and a good squad we can do good.

We had an amazing squad and did great at the beginning. Now our squad ain't that great and the "greatest manager in history of the club" just looks average like most managers.

So if that's the case, then why bother with him anymore? He is not good for attacking style, not good for youth and controversial.

If he needs a good squad, then so does most manager.

Let's give the good squad to someone who ticks all the boxes and not waste our time anymore with this guy.

Let's give the good squad to someone who ticks all the boxes and not waste our time anymore with this guy.

Show some respect ffs. This is the same guy who 5 months ago won us the league and actually rejuvenated us from the slump we found ourselves in prior to him.

Show some respect ffs. This is the same guy who 5 months ago won us the league and actually rejuvenated us from the slump we found ourselves in prior to him.

Respect?

And before?

Actually I thought we was improving with Benitez. The fact was that many people did not want to acknowledge that because they don't like him.

There was some buzz at the end of the season, that all we just needed was a couple of changes.

Fast forward to today, we lost a lot of that buzz just so that we can say we have a "positive net spend" when teams like City don't care much about that.

Especially with FFP being relaxed.

And last, respect you earn it. When you act the way Mourinho does it's very hard to earn respect.

Carlo, RDM, Hiddink and such where men of respect. This guy nothing!

Respect?

And before?

Actually I thought we was improving with Benitez. The fact was that many people did not want to acknowledge that because they don't like him.

There was some buzz at the end of the season, that all we just needed was a couple of changes.

Fast forward to today, we lost a lot of that buzz just so that we can say we have a "positive net spend" when teams like City don't care much about that.

Especially with FFP being relaxed.

And last, respect you earn it. When you act the way Mourinho does it's very hard to earn respect.

Carlo, RDM, Hiddink and such where men of respect. This guy nothing!

Wow, okay... I will try to respect your views, but I cannot promise anything.