The Mourinho Thread

Mourinho is relying on individual improvement and incoming former loan players. Which is fine. The reason why this did not happen with City was the age of the squad that they had. However, for us this is not the case.

Oscar, Traore, Cuadrado, Costa, Zouma, Azpi to name a few will improve.

Costa will likely be available for more games next season and therefore score more goals. Cuadrado if he adapts to the league will be a good asset for us. Traore is everything we want in a winger, Oscar will evolve, etc etc

And if Falcao fixes himself up we may well see one of the deadliest 4-4-2's in the league.

And who knows what will happen next season, after all we only went out to PSG on away goals after conceding a couple of set pieces.

I think when Jose says that we will only sign one more player it means the following:

1. We will undoubtedly sign a Centre-back, and that player is John Stones.

2. But our squad would not be closed, it would depend on other players who leave us.

If Salah joining to another team, another player would join us. Maybe Pedro Rodriguez?

If Filipe Luis is gone, another player like Abdul Rahman Baba.

In place of Nathan Ake and, maybe, Mikel, I think we could sign Witsel or Aranguiz.

I do not think we're going to sign only one player more...

Regards.

Why should Mourinho doesnt feel ambition ? He was ambitious for a decade and a half.I'm not really into the idea of we need big guns every summer, if I'm not mistaken, United didnt recruit that much when they won the 06/07 title and followed that by a double, no ? I believe we will buy good players in this transfer windows obviously not the same caliber of Fab & Diego, but we dont need major overhaul.

Manure in 2006 tho argueably had a very good squad. They had 2 players that both scored over 20 goals, another couple in double figures and another 15 or so who also chipped in some.

They had a good defence,midfield and forward line. If we had that lot now I'd be happy not to get new transfers too.

Manure in 2006 tho argueably had a very good squad. They had 2 players that both scored over 20 goals, another couple in double figures and another 15 or so who also chipped in some.

They had a good defence,midfield and forward line. If we had that lot now I'd be happy not to get new transfers too.

They were a great side even when we smashed them 3-0 to clinch the title, the thing that moved them to the top was a flourishing Ronaldo and an even better Rooney, so If we can have an even better Hazard and an injury free Costa, we can emulate them.Basically what I'm saying is what Mou said yesterday, some must improve, and others must not decline.

They were a great side even when we smashed them 3-0 to clinch the title, the thing that moved them to the top was a flourishing Ronaldo and an even better Rooney, so If we can have an even better Hazard and an injury free Costa, we can emulate them.Basically what I'm saying is what Mou said yesterday, some must improve, and others must not decline.

And believe me I get ya and I would dearly love for that to happen but I just cant see it.

We got a problem with our back 4 which is normally our strength. Cahill well enoughs already been said, Bane a lovely guy but hes dead slow. He gos wandering off upfield forgetting hes a defender then cant get back fast enough so he leaves an already shakey Cahill in the schtuck.

Oscar has been exactly the same for 3 seasons now. We all keep saying the same things - what happened to him after Xmas?,this will be his year wont it?, why doesnt he offer more offensively eg assists and goals?, why dont we get a proper number 10? Yes the lad runs round like a nutter and he offers a good upfield defence but we need help offensively.

Willian IMHO is very similar to Oscar, MAYBE a bit better.

I wouldnt like to get rid of any of those IF possible and we kept them for depth.

I know its not popular here to speak our minds about players but I dont dislike any of our lads, theyre Chelsea ffs. BUT we cant afford sentimentality in team selection and really should upgrade if at all possible surely.

I think when Jose says that we will only sign one more player it means the following:

1. We will undoubtedly sign a Centre-back, and that player is John Stones.

2. But our squad would not be closed, it would depend on other players who leave us.

If Salah joining to another team, another player would join us. Maybe Pedro Rodriguez?

If Filipe Luis is gone, another player like Abdul Rahman Baba.

In place of Nathan Ake and, maybe, Mikel, I think we could sign Witsel or Aranguiz.

I do not think we're going to sign only one player more...

Regards.

I hope you are right. It would be perfect if we could sign any of the CMs you've mentioned in place of Ake or Mikel

Oh, don't worry. You've still got A LOT more plastic to you! :yes:

I don't worry one bit! to be called plastic from a girl who supports juventus and portraying herself as chelsea fanforum administrator ( which is not a real proffesion it;s made believe thingi) is yes quite funny, amusing and a good one! Not worrying to or for me!

She looks to me like this girl in this forum! She reminds me of this juve supporter with her looks and with her real proffesion! And they're same nationality also! I mean they're so many comparesons! :lol:

And believe me I get ya and I would dearly love for that to happen but I just cant see it.

We got a problem with our back 4 which is normally our strength. Cahill well enoughs already been said, Bane a lovely guy but hes dead slow. He gos wandering off upfield forgetting hes a defender then cant get back fast enough so he leaves an already shakey Cahill in the schtuck.

Oscar has been exactly the same for 3 seasons now. We all keep saying the same things - what happened to him after Xmas?,this will be his year wont it?, why doesnt he offer more offensively eg assists and goals?, why dont we get a proper number 10? Yes the lad runs round like a nutter and he offers a good upfield defence but we need help offensively.

Willian IMHO is very similar to Oscar, MAYBE a bit better.

I wouldnt like to get rid of any of those IF possible and we kept them for depth.

I know its not popular here to speak our minds about players but I dont dislike any of our lads, theyre Chelsea ffs. BUT we cant afford sentimentality in team selection and really should upgrade if at all possible surely.

I have the same fears as you for the next season, I'm aware of all the defects in our team, especially Gary, and our depth, and I'm not sentimentally judging them now after the title, I'm a bit realistic, if Mourinho cannot afford quality players this summer, its not because they arent available, its because of the price, so if Mou sees that economically we cannot buy, then we must as supporters just adapt positively and hope for the best, we all would love Pogba, Pedro or Griezzman but maybe the next stadium is costing us from now on, just a hypotese.

maybe the next stadium is costing us from now on, just a hypotese.

And this worries me more because you just might be right!

But when its come to the point where £18 mill is out of our price range for Pedro we really are up shit creek. Get ready to paddle. help_zpskx0fqkp9.gif

And this worries me more because you just might be right!

But when its come to the point where £18 mill is out of our price range for Pedro we really are up shit creek. Get ready to paddle. help_zpskx0fqkp9.gif

We offered £20 for Stones, so I doubt it has anything to do with that. Mou just doesn't want Pedro.