The Mourinho Thread

No i am not kidding. Chelsea>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mou. Like everyone else at the club he has to earn his paycheck. It is no different for Mou or any other player. No reason to put the best interest of the club ahead of anyone.

it makes no logical sense to give him a contract extension now rather then next season, especially knowing his third season is often catastrophic season.

Lmao

I think he has effectively ruled out any "big" signings and is sticking by what he said months ago about buying a few that will improve the squad as a whole and simply push the current XI to perform better and worry about their place in the team.

Doesn't appear well be making any direct first XI signings. May hurt us later in the season again or if we get key injuries but may also be hugely beneficial having a settled squad when everyone else will have half of their first XI's filled with new players.

Definitely think we may be in trouble if we advance far in the CL with this approach, though.

No i am not kidding. Chelsea>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mou. Like everyone else at the club he has to earn his paycheck. It is no different for Mou or any other player. No reason to put the best interest of the club ahead of anyone.

it makes no logical sense to give him a contract extension now rather then next season, especially knowing his third season is often catastrophic season.

So far he has only had two '3rd season's'.

At Chelsea mark 1 it wasn't catastrophic, far from it, we won a domestic double, yes we lost out on the league to United, but we got 84 points (I think) that season which isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination, even more so when you factor in Terry and Cech were lost for half the season.

At Real they had an awful start but when they pulled their finger out they werebetter than Barca that season, unfortunately the damage was done but the performance level was still high.

Furthermore although this is technically his 3rd season back here I think it has more of a second season feel about it (especially if Stones, Witsel and Pedro come in), Mou pretty much wrote off the first season as far as winning the league was concerned and the real task/pressure started last summer.

So far he has only had two '3rd season's'.

At Chelsea mark 1 it wasn't catastrophic, far from it, we won a domestic double, yes we lost out on the league to United, but we got 84 points (I think) that season which isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination, even more so when you factor in Terry and Cech were lost for half the season.

At Real they had an awful start but when they pulled their finger out they werebetter than Barca that season, unfortunately the damage was done but the performance level was still high.

Furthermore although this is technically his 3rd season back here I think it has more of a second season feel about it (especially if Stones, Witsel and Pedro come in), Mou pretty much wrote off the first season as far as winning the league was concerned and the real task/pressure started last summer.

In a way that kinda makes some of my point. You are right he did not stay beyond two seasons at Porto or Inter. So goes with my argument in a way, you really don't know what you are getting with him beyond his second season. Since he left both clubs after his second season.

Mate we both know things were a lot more toxic in his third season, yeah we won a double if you want to call it that. The football we played the first two season was not even comparable to his first two. But there was also a lot of turmoil in the locker room and a growing drift with Roman. It was quite clear that Mou does were outnumbered. When i say catastrophic it doesn't mean it only pertains to what happened on the pitch, his relationships were quite bad. In a sense he and Roman created environment where their partnership would no longer exist.

Real Madrid was much worse lol. He did not fight with the owner, he fought with almost every player and you would have a hard time naming many players he was in good term with at the end of his stint at Madrid. Fought with the media, and spouted conspiracy to a point it was just not funny.

Anyway as i said my point is it makes perfect sense to give him a contract extension next season, i personally don't believe it is a good idea to give Mou a contract extension when he has proven that his second season is the best it is ever going to get.

I think he has effectively ruled out any "big" signings and is sticking by what he said months ago about buying a few that will improve the squad as a whole and simply push the current XI to perform better and worry about their place in the team.

Doesn't appear well be making any direct first XI signings. May hurt us later in the season again or if we get key injuries but may also be hugely beneficial having a settled squad when everyone else will have half of their first XI's filled with new players.

Definitely think we may be in trouble if we advance far in the CL with this approach, though.

I think many of us wanted the most last season was for a better bench. Of course, Oscar, Willian, Cahill could play much better than they did for some stretches of time. Hazard had to carry the team on occasion and Cesc and Costa injuries hurt us a little bit, but I still see us much better than the domestic rivals. As you said, they have to settle those players, while we'll be working with the settled team going through their second season together. That's a good plan for me.

As I said a few times recently, what concerns me the most is how our far from solid defense requires so much protecting to look good and how it compromises the team's fluency, but Mourinho hinted on it in the Mirror interview, maybe he's more ready to make changes than we believe. Or maybe he isn't, either way I feel we should be looking to improve our defense and with his admission on trying to sign Stones, I think he knows we need it. I think with less pressure on his shoulders - we haven't won the league in way too many years, and still some smart-ass comes here saying he shouldn't be given a contract extension without giving more proof he actually deserves it - so the pressure is off. He and the club still have some pressure about UCL, but it's remarkably less than the league. Barça, Bayern and even Madrid have deadly teams, so winning it will be hard for whoever does it.

So I think it's a good strategy to get a better bench, look what Cuadrado's presence did to Willian's performances. We have a very good starting XI - with the exception of Cahill imo - but some of those guys aren't playing to their full potential. Oscar, Willian, Iva, Azpili (attacking wise) could and should improve some. If Cesc and Costa are able to miss less matches and if Cesc's gas doesn't end towards the last part of the season, I see us winning the league even more easily than last season.

We need to progress to stand a chance in UCL, I agree, but maybe the answer is within our squad rather than a flashy signing. It may look like some serious gambling, but I don't see why we shouldn't do it. We're the fucking reining champions, we can afford it and still get away with everything. If I felt threatened by City, Arsenal or United, I'd be more concerned, but I don't. It feels weird to say it, but from the bunch I think Arsenal might be the ones we should be more concerned, as they're being as clinical as we've been the last years, instead of splashing money everywhere like City and United. But their medical department will continue to be a major damper in their plans imo. I don't know if their players are more injure prone or if their docs aren't top (probably a combination of both) and unless their key players stay healthy the whole season, I still see us head and shoulder ahead of our local competition.

In a way that kinda makes some of my point. You are right he did not stay beyond two seasons at Porto or Inter. So goes with my argument in a way, you really don't know what you are getting with him beyond his second season. Since he left both clubs after his second season.

Mate we both know things were a lot more toxic in his third season, yeah we won a double if you want to call it that. The football we played the first two season was not even comparable to his first two. But there was also a lot of turmoil in the locker room and a growing drift with Roman. It was quite clear that Mou does were outnumbered. When i say catastrophic it doesn't mean it only pertains to what happened on the pitch, his relationships were quite bad. In a sense he and Roman created environment where their partnership would no longer exist.

Real Madrid was much worse lol. He did not fight with the owner, he fought with almost every player and you would have a hard time naming many players he was in good term with at the end of his stint at Madrid. Fought with the media, and spouted conspiracy to a point it was just not funny.

Anyway as i said my point is it makes perfect sense to give him a contract extension next season, i personally don't believe it is a good idea to give Mou a contract extension when he has proven that his second season is the best it is ever going to get.

Fair enough but I think the mentality had some part to do with it. Real are a very 'special' club in the player power regard and it will be interesting to see what Rafa does there.

What I mean by mentality is Jose had it in his mindset that he wanted to do a European tour before he was 50, if he didn't leave when he did he would have probably left in summer 2008 for Inter anyway, he was a young manager with the world at his feet and Roman was a new owner and was a bit of a power hungry by all accounts. That combination was always going to lead to a fall out sooner rather than later.

Both have clearly made peace and made some sort of compromise this time, I mean look at Jose backing Romans decision to let Cech go to Arsenal despite not agreeing, 2007 Jose would have hit the roof, 2007 Roman might not have gone out and immediately signed Begovic on Jose's request either, the environment for the 3rd season of Jose is 1000× more healthy right here right now than it was at Madrid or Chelsea the first time round.

Porto he was always going to leave when his stock rose and Inter he and Morrati both knew it was a short term agreement hench the Inter owner letting him spend millions on players in late 20s to get the CL, his job description at Inter was about as short term as you can get, Jose only wanted a couple of years in Italy, Morrati was happy with that, get the players nessesery in, get those results. Although having said that Jose did some good work on the academy.

Yes I can understand the 3rd season concerns but like I said he has a much healthier surrounding this time round and mixed with the fact he wants the job for the long term and a healthy balanced squad at a good age, I can't see that much going wrong if I'm honest, on or off the pitch.

What does one thing have to do with other?

He proved he's capable of winning, so we support him because he's the manager, not because we want to change him for the next shiny toy - who I might ask who would be.

Before Guardiola a few years back, Mourinho has been the only one to win two UCL close to one another. He has 7 league titles under his belt in a fairly short career so far. So if he has a catastrophic season as it seems to be written in the stars he'll have, we just back him up and hope he does better the following one. Barcelona, Bayern, Madrid - all went through the same.

I never said Mou is the same as Chelsea or bigger, I just said he has nothing to prove, he's good at his job and I'd rather him to stay a long time even if I disagree with him on many occasions. So if he's one of the top managers of the world - which he is, whether people like you believe it or not, like it or not - then we should just settle and be prepared. No other team, let alone manager, has been winning it all for years in a row. It's very competitive and sometimes the best wins, sometimes they don't. There's a lot of good teams out there. So I'm not following the shit you're saying, but fact remains, some people just look for trophies. Well, guess what, they're not easily won.

You are making assumption about me, who says it is all about trophy? Who said he should be fired if he doesn't win a trophy? not me.

My point was why not wait until next season to make a decision to give him a contract extension. Why do it now after Mou usual best season is his second season, it was the case at every club he has been with. His third season is a different story. All i am saying it is much better from Chelsea perspective to evaluate him next season, after a three season span. There is nothing controversial about my statement. This is like saying it is better to make a decision based on more information then less information. Another season would give you a better and more informed decision.

I am grateful for what Mou has done for the club, same goes for players like Terry. But few would argue in favor of having Terry keep his starting place and wages if he is not useful and up to the standard anymore. Same goes for Mou, why held him to another standard.

I also want to clarify that i don't believe this "best manager in the world title" it means squat to me. Luis Enrique just won a treble with Barca, same manager who quit and failed at Roma. Is he the best manager? no but he proved he was the best manager for Barca and that is more important.

I look at merit and best fit rather then judge a manager just because he won so many titles.

What does one thing have to do with other?

He proved he's capable of winning, so we support him because he's the manager, not because we want to change him for the next shiny toy - who I might ask who would be.

Before Guardiola a few years back, Mourinho has been the only one to win two UCL close to one another. He has 7 league titles under his belt in a fairly short career so far. So if he has a catastrophic season as it seems to be written in the stars he'll have, we just back him up and hope he does better the following one. Barcelona, Bayern, Madrid - all went through the same.

I never said Mou is the same as Chelsea or bigger, I just said he has nothing to prove, he's good at his job and I'd rather him to stay a long time even if I disagree with him on many occasions. So if he's one of the top managers of the world - which he is, whether people like you believe it or not, like it or not - then we should just settle and be prepared. No other team, let alone manager, has been winning it all for years in a row. It's very competitive and sometimes the best wins, sometimes they don't. There's a lot of good teams out there. So I'm not following the shit you're saying, but fact remains, some people just look for trophies. Well, guess what, they're not easily won.

Just liking this post, as I did, isn't enough so I'm quoting it because I hope people will read it again and again.

I think that Jose showed yesterday with his words that he is a leader, a boss and our guiding light...

We had a big mistake last season against PSG, but the rest of the season we showed to be an unbeatable team. For that reason I trust our squad. These are the players we have and with them I go to death.

Regards.

I think that Jose showed yesterday with his words that he is a leader, a boss and our guiding light...

We had a big mistake last season against PSG, but the rest of the season we showed to be an unbeatable team. For that reason I trust our squad. These are the players we have and with them I go to death.

Regards.

Couldn't hurt To have 2 or 3 new ones instead of some old ones tbh!

Hi friend!

Yes, it's true. For example Witsel, Stones Aranguiz IN, and Mikel OUT, with Cech and Drogba. This would be a good process to regenerate our team.

I mean the backbone of our squad. We need small adjustments, but not a revolution. Teams like City, United or Liverpool need a revolution, not us.

I think Jose looks very close the signings of Stones and perhaps Witsel, and he sends a message of tranquility. If the two of them join us, and maybe Aranguiz when he finished Libertadores Cup, the situation will be controlled.

Cech out. In Begovic.

Drogba OUT. Falcao IN.

Mikel OUT. Witsel IN.

And Aranguiz. and we would not need a lot money to get these signings.

Courtois

Begovic

Stones John Terry ©

Zouma Cahill

Ivanovic Azpilicueta

Stones Filipe Luis or a new sgning

Witsel Matic

Aranguiz Zouma

RLC or Ramires Kurt can occupy perfectly the role of Mikel

Fabregas

Oscar

RLC

Willian Hazard

Cuadrado Willian

Diego Costa

Falcao

A balanced team able to win everything. I also hope 2 or 3 more signings, but our spine is good.

Regards.

Or you could go buy a video game or phone or something if you feel like you need a new toy... :rolleyes:

In football reality, you don't fix what's not broken (unless you're Real Madrid) just because you're bored, because that can often undermine the chemistry of your team which ends up underachieving (again, check Real Madrid).

:o I am deeply offended, Tom! :angry:

I am offended that you think I don't know what Fleshlights are and need to provide visual aid for me to recognize them!

Sorry Charmouta, didn't know you already had one ....

[emoji17][emoji17][emoji17]

I think some people don't have a total view of how good our team is....fortunately Mourinho does. Bringing big name signings that are not really needed can only disrupt the flow of this already great squad. A central defender, a left back if luis goes, a high scoring right winger plus a quality central midfielder are all that we need. But we are not desperate by any means so we only replace when somebody leaves and mourinho knows this because looking at the profile of our team which is still young we don't need older players to come in and disrupt our growing team so naturally as a result of being proactive these days we have a young scoring forward in traore, a young midfielder in loftus-cheek, and we are working on stones for CB and also baba for LB if luis leaves which fits perfectly with the profile of our young and improving team and doesn't cause any disruption. Mourinho already knows this is a great team that can improve a lot because they are young but they are f****** great because we lost only two games in EPL (not counting westbrom because we were already champions) and a record four losses in all competitions beating the record set by the greatest man utd team ever and winning two trophies to show for it.

Compared to three seasons before, our team is in heaven but still young with mourinho willing to go through the rigours of training them and making the best out of them to last for a decade rather than buying experienced mercenaries for short term. I have to say am in love with mourinhos football brain.

I hate it when people use madrid as a template and if people were really humans they would see that madrid are now like the proverb all that glitters is not Gold....mostly spoil and ungrateful fans booing their legends when ever they have a bad spell...surely even Sir alex ferguson would have been sacked as madrid boss especially with player power and politics that thrive there hence the 3rd season syndrome some posters are suggesting is merely phantom and as mourinho stated earlier this is the first time in his career he is building for the long term he therefore requires long term strategy while delivering achievable success at the present. This project is different for him and so far I'd give him an 8/10.