The Mourinho Thread

My fear is: If Mourinho doesn't feel some type of ambition, he maybe gonna want leave this club. I mean, you need big names in order to compete in Europe, who is what Jose wants most. And obviously looks like the club isn't doing a great economic effort in comparison with other years. Granovskaia maybe has a rational vision, economically speaking, but if you sell some restrained plan of business, not only Mou, other players with big market like Hazard or Courtois must feel very uncomfortable. They need a competitive team in Europe.

What?

it is a good article.

Which is why i think we should wait until next season to give him a contract extension if he still deserves it.

He has shown how bad things could get in his third season, and never a good idea to give him a contract extension when his stock is at his peak. Second season always been Mou best with all his sides Chelsea, Inter, and Real Madrid.

it is a good article.

Which is why i think we should wait until next season to give him a contract extension if he still deserves it.

He has shown how bad things could get in his third season, and never a good idea to give him a contract extension when his stock is at his peak. Second season always been Mou best with all his sides Chelsea, Inter, and Real Madrid.

And as Henrique mentioned above, there seems to be a similarity with the transfer business too. We have made 2 signings so far - both decent, not great - and the ones we look to be doing fall into the same category as well. Saw 1-2 articles recently about Mourinho being concerned by our lack of progress in the transfer window. The situation does look a tad dodgy at the moment.

And as Henrique mentioned above, there seems to be a similarity with the transfer business too. We have made 2 signings so far - both decent, not great - and the ones we look to be doing fall into the same category as well. Saw 1-2 articles recently about Mourinho being concerned by our lack of progress in the transfer window. The situation does look a tad dodgy at the moment.

Agreed.

2 years left should let the season play out then make a more informed decision. You really never know how this team will respond next season, the motivation is much different when you are the champion then striving to the top.

I also say this Mou is the best underdog manager ever(in my lifetime anyway) but personally he is not one who deals with the title as "favorites" that well.

"Mourinho maybe gonna want to leave this club." "Hazard and Courtois must feel uncomfortable."

Making up things in your own mind is delusion mate, not fear.

Yeah, sure. But isn't impossible. If Mourinho doesn't have a competitive team, in Europe, i mean, maybe he will leave the club. He doesn't have a big reason to stay here. Or maintain his position.

My fear is: If Mourinho doesn't feel some type of ambition, he maybe gonna want leave this club. I mean, you need big names in order to compete in Europe, who is what Jose wants most. And obviously looks like the club isn't doing a great economic effort in comparison with other years. Granovskaia maybe has a rational vision, economically speaking, but if you sell some restrained plan of business, not only Mou, other players with big market like Hazard or Courtois must feel very uncomfortable. They need a competitive team in Europe.

If we don't improve the starting 11 then it's because Mourinho thinks it doesn't need improving, which he has certainly hinted at, even if many of us fans disagree.

When Mourinho wanted major reinforcements last summer the club duly obliged. I don't see why they would act differently now.

I always thought last season is his critical season. No title last season, and probably we're busy looking for a new manager at the moment.

In my opinion, I think he will survive another trophyless season if shit happened. Double trophyless season is another story.

it is a good article.

you're kidding, right?

I seriously can't with the shallowness and lack of loyalty showed time after time. It's too much for me. Mourinho doesn't have to prove anything else on football and definitely not to Chelsea. Teams don't win every season, United, Barcelona, Madrid, Bayern - even when they were very dominant, didn't carry on winning for seasons in a row. The sport is highly competitive, winning is becoming more and more difficult. I think fans are just too spoiled and ungrateful and don't know the first thing about support. Which is why calling them fans instead of supporters seems fitting. They're fans of winning and signing some stars, not supporters of a club.

If the difficulties we had early in the 80's had happened now, this club wouldn't have a ground anymore and God knows if it would still exist because that kind of unconditional support and love is very rare to find these days. There are still many people who are like that, but they're an underwhelming minority that wouldn't be enough to do anything like that.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jose-mourinho-interview-chelsea-boss-6094235

An extensive interview of Mourinho. Spoke about our rivals, Terry, Falcao, Cech, Pogba and amongst other things.

We have only one chance to win,” he said, “And that is if we can be better with the same people.

“I think everybody has an interest in Pogba,” said the Portuguese. “But there are things you can do and things you cannot do - I love the Eiffel Tower, but I can’t have the Eiffel Tower in my garden."

“We feel we have the tools to improve our team without a player like that. And the tools are ourselves."

"So these three strikers for us: Falcao, Loic Remy and Diego Costa - we are very happy."

you're kidding, right?

I seriously can't with the shallowness and lack of loyalty showed time after time. It's too much for me. Mourinho doesn't have to prove anything else on football and definitely not to Chelsea. Teams don't win every season, United, Barcelona, Madrid, Bayern - even when they were very dominant, didn't carry on winning for seasons in a row. The sport is highly competitive, winning is becoming more and more difficult. I think fans are just too spoiled and ungrateful and don't know the first thing about support. Which is why calling them fans instead of supporters seems fitting. They're fans of winning and signing some stars, not supporters of a club.

If the difficulties we had early in the 80's had happened now, this club wouldn't have a ground anymore and God knows if it would still exist because that kind of unconditional support and love is very rare to find these days. There are still many people who are like that, but they're an underwhelming minority that wouldn't be enough to do anything like that.

No i am not kidding. Chelsea>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mou. Like everyone else at the club he has to earn his paycheck. It is no different for Mou or any other player. No reason to put the best interest of the club ahead of anyone.

it makes no logical sense to give him a contract extension now rather then next season, especially knowing his third season is often catastrophic season.

No i am not kidding. Chelsea>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mou. Like everyone else at the club he has to earn his paycheck. It is no different for Mou or any other player. No reason to put the best interest of the club ahead of anyone.

it makes no logical sense to give him a contract extension now rather then next season, especially knowing his third season is often catastrophic season.

Who gives a shit what you want, good or bad if the club feels they want to have a go it up to them. What logical to you that if he goes trophyless he should be fired because he usually have bad third season? Make it your opinion because to others it no sense waiting to see his failure or succeed before trusting him.