Juan Mata

Severinb

I really don't feel sad when I think of Mata leaving tbh. 40m or so to be spent on a striker or midfielder sounds pretty decent to me, while we still have Willian, Hazard, Oscar and Schurrle. I would probably bring someone in the mold of Moses, solid wide player who wouldn't complain about being a squad player.

We have traore ;)

I don't think mata will find it as easy as people think to walk into any team in europe and starting matches behind the striker.

PSG play 4-3-3 or 4-4-2

With ibrahimovic or cavani on form and playing in the center he has no chance of playing centrally.

He will end up playing in the wings, and if he couldn't adapt here, its not looking good because he has lucas moura and lavezzi to challenge :doh:

At Bayern and Barca he'll be on the bench. Madrid sold ozil because of workrate, mata doesn't stand a chance. Dortmund don't have money, manutd have rooney playing there and even kagawa (another player that is only good in one position) can't get there ahead of rooney. Tottenham don't look like getting into champs league, liverpool have to get into champs lge to get him, and if suarez and sturridge are both fit he may still have to play in the wings.

His options to get matches for world cup don't look good unless dortmund break their bank or another team changes their system to 4-2-3-1 just for mata.

And on top of this we are still not sure if del bosque will start him for spain if he still wasn't a starter after his best ever year last season.

Well this is the first time in his career that he has been in this situation. Can't really blame him for not knowing how to react. It's obvious he just wants to play football, this isn't an issue of money or anything else that can be seen as petulant. I can't be angry at him for just wanting to play football and be a part of the grand scheme of things.

Only his set-pieces skill will be missed if he leaves.

Last year he had the best stats of his career but don't forget that the player playing behind the striker in the Benitez system is often having his best stats in his career (Gerrard), the striker, wingers work and movements giving the space he needs to play.

Last year, we had only Hazard, Mata, Oscar and Moses (as a substitute) to play in the three behind the strikers.

I was seeing he way he played under Di Matteo in the league the year before Oscar and Hazard were coming and it wasn't that impressive, Oscar and Hazard can drive with the ball to draw defenders and creating space for other players, Mata can't do that.

And in the last matches, it seems that work have been done with Oscar starting a run behind defenders when the ball is arriving to Hazard for a one touch ball trhough.

In Swansea, first time ball through form Hazard to Oscar nearly worked, against southampton, it happened two times.

Hazard and Oscar can do that and interchange their role of passer, runner while with Mata Hazard, Hazard has to be the runner.

Hazard Oscar William are more flexible, better to break away from pressing in their own half and make 40-50 meters run for 7-8 seconds action and two three quick passes.

'On a side note', you have to commend Mourinho for having the sheer balls to just manage the team. Any other generic weak-willed coach would have persisted with Mata until they were sacked. Being 'back to back' player of the year at a club can make you untouchable; i.e there are still some Chelsea fans (the ones with low football I.Q's) who don't understand the situation.

Yep, he wants a style and if Mata doesn't suit it then so be it.

It's been discussed before and I will say it again, this isn't Torres or Mata FC it's Chelsea FC and Jose is steering this ship.

He is only human. There is only so much frustration a human can take. He may be a professional but he is a human first and human's want what they want and if they are being constantly denied what they want it can only manifest as frustration.

But when it comes down to the line, professional or unprofessional means nothing. In the fantastic words from Glengarry Glenn Ross can describe:

"Nice guy? I don't give a shit. Good father? Fuck you! Go home and play with your kids. If you want to work here, close."

I'm happy with Mata. He showed that he cares about the result. A lot of other players would have loved to get out of that rain, into the showers and some warm clothes. Mata will get his chance again. He won't be leaving, he doesn't strike me as a player who would quit and move on just like that.

I thought he was frustrated because he got pulled out, not to you ?

KEEP HIM ,, He is still a talented player who offers us options . Atm tho he is behind Oscar , Hazard and imo Willian .. But injuries happen and we

could regret letting him go

Well said, Chelsea may get 25m now, but....just a bit worried I am. Jose is not a man to forget his show, easily.

KEEP HIM ,, He is still a talented player who offers us options . Atm tho he is behind Oscar , Hazard and imo Willian .. But injuries happen and we

could regret letting him go

See it's the fine balance between having someone who is content sitting on the bench and being used sporadically and someone like him who wants o be playing and thinks he should be playing all the time.

Saying 'Keep him' is easy to us, but he wants to play but isn't better right now then Hazard, Oscar or Willian, it's that simple.

Tired of people trashing Mata on here. You don't have to bash him simply to prop up the manager. Stop revising history people.

Well said, no need to thrash him. However, he has got no one to blame, but himself.

PSG may meet Chelsea´s evaluation of 30m, let him go. Money received = money spent on others.