Juan Mata

Severinb

He just cannot press the ball, he always looks too slow. Willian,Oscar,Hazard press really well and close down opponents fast.

As an attacking player with no defensive duties, he is one of the best out there.

World Cup year, he needs to move. Cash in on him and buy a DM or CM that Jose wants and avoid ruining a great players career.

I've read on tumblr that Mourinho purposefully makes him play with crap players just so he will look bad - maybe that is the reason? Or maybe Mata just doesn't do enough. It's not that he didn't have chances to show he is the best AM in our squad and should be playing every game.

I don't believe so. If you have your own business you don't gamble like that. If you play on top or go for it that play is very dangerous as well. On the point of players: even in the KDB situation I believe Jose did rational. A manager can be wrong, but to intend it is a different matter.

Manchester United are monitoring Juan Mata’s uncertain situation with a view to a January bid, but Chelsea sources maintain the playmaker would only be sold to a La Liga club or Paris Saint-Germain.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1669109/manchester-united-keeping-tabs-chelsea-juan-mata?cc=5739

And that's why I want him to join a club that would treat him with the level of respect he deserves.

So let's recap:

- A new manager is hired with a style and vision that is very different than that of others before him.

- One of the best players of the squad, perhaps the best, completely fails to adapt to the new way the team is playing.

- Because of his failure to adapt, the player under-preforms every single game and doesn't look half as good as he did before.

- Given the fact that the team and club come first, the player is naturally dropped from the starting 11 and is given a chance to regain his place only when the team can afford the risk.

I would like you to explain me how exactly is Mata being disrespected, and what, in your opinion, would be giving him "the respect he deserves".

How is he too good to be a squad player?

I dont get that type of idea that players who are very talented cant be squad players. hIf e isnt too good to be a squad player for Spain, then he isnt too good to be a squad player for our club.

The only reason he's a squad player here is because he doesn't fit the system. He's been one of the top 10 EPL players in the past 2 years and shouldn't all of the sudden be dropped to a squad player.

He's a squad player for Spain because they have the top 3 mids in the world. If he played for any other National team, He'd be a starter. Even Fabregas didn't play much in the 2010 world cup.

The substitution of Mata the other day was sadly the best thing that has happened to us all season. We all love Juan but fact is, Willian, Oscar and Hazard are the best 3 together. Mata will probably go on the summer and give us a lot of money, probably around £40m. That sub was such a wake up call.

The fact he has visibly reacted in the way he did. If that isn't showing discontent, and thus challenging Mourinho's decision and ultimately his authority, then I'm not quite sure what is. His slamming down of the seat and his subsequent scowl and gesture - all after blanking the boss - is as bad as walking straight down the tunnel. If he wasn't moaning about Mourinho, then why was he gesticulating so fervently? Was he moaning about the rain?

Yes, we can all see he was frustrated but like I said before, we don't even know what on earth exactly he was exactly frustrated about. If he was actually doing what you said, then fair enough. But if not, then what? For all we know, he could actually be complaining about something else. There is not even a single proof to substantiate your claim. Your assessment of the situation is merely an interpretation and yet it is treated as some sort of fact that Mata's frustration is seen as an indication of challenging Mourinho's decision and people being so quick to take up the moral high ground and pass judgment. There is a clear difference here of just being unhappy and moaning and actually challenging the decision made.

As for blanking the boss, were there even replays that showed the whole incident of that substitution or is that merely another interpretation assumed as a fact because of pictures him walking past Mourinho without looking at him? It's not as if Mourinho offered to shake his hand or wanted to pat him on the back and Mata completely ignored it. If we want to talk this whole blanking the boss thing because he didn't make contact with Mourinho as he went off, then this isn't the first time it happened in history really. Not the first time it has happened and won't be the last and it's non-event really. Has happened before and nothing was said of it but yet this gets blown out of proportion.

Like I have already expressed, I have made my various points and I will stand by them. Up to other people if they want to act so butt-hurt over me challenging Mr Perfect. The club > any one player. I love Mata to bits but I'm not happy with his reaction, it isn't what I expect from one of our players. That's just my view.

People acting butt-hurt on this whole thing about Mata? That point is seriously getting old. Gets used way too often in an argument for people to use and escape from a discussion. And speaking about butt-hurt, perhaps the more butt-hurt thing here is that people are completely going over 'butt-hurt' on this whole incident that happened yesterday.

I want him to bounce back and get back into the team, but at the minute, he should be unhappy with himself rather than the boss.

How do you even know he is not happy with himself? Have you spoken to him personally?

The substitution of Mata the other day was sadly the best thing that has happened to us all season. We all love Juan but fact is, Willian, Oscar and Hazard are the best 3 together. Mata will probably go on the summer and give us a lot of money, probably around £40. That sub was such a wake up call.

I assume you mean £40 million ,,, its Torres we are hoping for £40 for

If he would have born in any other country than he had, he wouldn't be a squad player.

He could have easily been born in London, named John Mark, and sent away as a kid for being too small and slow while the kids hoofed the ball up to Andy Carroll.

If are if's, but the idea that magically someone who rides the bench for his nation is too good to ride the bench of a club that has the choice of getting the best players from around the world is preposterous.

The only reason he's a squad player here is because he doesn't fit the system. He's been one of the top 10 EPL players in the past 2 years and shouldn't all of the sudden be dropped to a squad player.

He's a squad player for Spain because they have the top 3 mids in the world. If he played for any other National team, He'd be a starter. Even Fabregas didn't play much in the 2010 world cup.

Then he isnt too good to be a squad player, and Fabregas isnt either as many from Arsenal said he was.

Kieran., on 02 Jan 2014 - 09:26 AM, said:snapback.png

I really don't feel sad when I think of Mata leaving tbh. 40m or so to be spent on a striker or midfielder sounds pretty decent to me, while we still have Willian, Hazard, Oscar and Schurrle. I would probably bring someone in the mold of Moses, solid wide player who wouldn't complain about being a squad player.

We have traore ;)

Wait a sec, I thought in this forum doing well in pre-season means nothing? No?

Yes, we can all see he was frustrated but like I said before, we don't even know what on earth exactly he was exactly frustrated about. I

<-->

As for blanking the boss, were there even replays that showed the whole incident of that substitution or is that merely another interpretation assumed as a fact because of pictures him walking past Mourinho without looking at him? It's not as if Mourinho offered to shake his hand or wanted to pat him on the back and Mata completely ignored it. If we want to talk this whole blanking the boss thing because he didn't make contact with Mourinho as he went off, then this isn't the first time it happened in history really. Not the first time it has happened and won't be the last and it's non-event really. Has happened before and yet this gets blown out of proportion.

That's a good point as we have only one photo of him walking past Mourinho and no video - and, I assume, no reports from those who were close - journalists and such? Certainly Mourinho didn't make a big deal out of it so either he's being lenient or there was no disrespect shown. For all we know he could have been furious about Torres' inability to score (something along the lines "I'm doing all I can and this *** can't hit a barn door from 2 metres distance and everyone will say again that I am useless as assistant just because he can't use any assists I make") or anything else, really.

But he does it on the first day of transfer window, under the cameras, after being subbed in a match he did nothing in and it looks like a demonstrative action, so it's hard to aprove. Especially after a good game that becomes overshadowed by all this hoopla. If he wanted to show that he is fed up and wants out there was no need, 'cos nobody is holding him here chained . If he didn't think - well, then he's more stupid than I thought.

In yesterday's match the only person he can be really angry with is himself.

And really I would have liked to know his opinion on his whole situation.

I'm surprised he's taken him this long to kick off. one things for sure though, he won't be short of suitors and offers if/when he becomes available on the market so our loss really. from mata's perspective, he knows plenty of top to emerging clubs will be after him and make him a starter in their respective teams

Which side better than us will start him at their respective clubs?

Bayern Munich would not drop Ribery, Robben or Muller because they fit the system Bayern play and even then Gotze would be higher in the list to come off the bench.

Dortmund won't drop Kuba, Reus or Henrick either, because while Mata as an individual is arguably better than those 3, they fit Dortmund's high energy system perfectly.

Pellegrini would most probably choose Silva. Arsenal he will have to fight with Ozil and Cazorla.

Real or Barca he won't even get half the minutes he gets here even now, PSG he will have to fight with Moura and Lavezzi, even at Tottenham he will have competition in the form of Christian Eriksen. Athletico's team are also built on high pressing which means he will have just as big a fight on his hands as he does here. If he goes to Napoli, he has Hamsik to compete with, the list goes on and on.

The best club he can go to and still be star of the show is Monaco or ,and even then they will probably sign competition for his place eventually.

If players want to play at top clubs fighting for trophies (especially when we have other top players in his position), they have to fight for their place, and Mata is no different to any player in world football.

If he want's to go back to being the 'star of the show' he will either have to like any other professional outperform world class players, i love Mata, great player, nice guy, but none of those clubs above would build their system around him, so why Jose is getting stick for this situation i will never know.

As long as we don't sell him to Man Utd, it's all fine. Selling Mata and buying a quality striker is ideal so I am hoping it happens. We have better players in our squad than Mata, we don't frankly need him, unless we have to use him to replace injured players. Let's be honest, he wants to be a regular at the team and it would only make sense if we sold him to a club where he can play regularly. It's not Mourinho's fault that Mata can't adapt to his style.

That's a good point as we have only one photo of him walking past Mourinho and no video - and, I assume, no reports from those who were close - journalists and such? Certainly Mourinho didn't make a big deal out of it so either he's being lenient or there was no disrespect shown. For all we know he could have been furious about Torres' inability to score (something along the lines "I'm doing all I can and this *** can't hit a barn door from 2 metres distance and everyone will say again that I am useless as assistant just because he can't use any assists I make") or anything else, really.

But he does it on the first day of transfer window, under the cameras, after being subbed in a match he did nothing in and it looks like a demonstrative action, so it's hard to aprove. Especially after a good game that becomes overshadowed by all this hoopla. If he wanted to show that he is fed up and wants out there was no need, 'cos nobody is holding him here chained . If he didn't think - well, then he's more stupid than I thought.

In yesterday's match the only person he can be really angry with is himself.

And really I would have liked to know his opinion on his whole situation.

It is arguably only a frustration showed in the heat of the moment. Don't get why some are so quick to criticize Mata for supposedly acting unethically and all that. Easy to say all that sitting behind the computers or TV watching the whole incident not being involved and pass judgment on him. If only we could see some of you lots in the exact same position as Mata and how you handle such highly pressurized or heat in the moment situation...And as for him demonstrating an action or intentionally reacting the way he did, what does he have to gain for doing so?