Juan Mata

Severinb

I don't think mata will find it as easy as people think to walk into any team in europe and starting matches behind the striker.

PSG play 4-3-3 or 4-4-2

With ibrahimovic or cavani on form and playing in the center he has no chance of playing centrally.

He will end up playing in the wings, and if he couldn't adapt here, its not looking good because he has lucas moura and lavezzi to challenge :doh:

At Bayern and Barca he'll be on the bench. Madrid sold ozil because of workrate, mata doesn't stand a chance. Dortmund don't have money, manutd have rooney playing there and even kagawa (another player that is only good in one position) can't get there ahead of rooney. Tottenham don't look like getting into champs league, liverpool have to get into champs lge to get him, and if suarez and sturridge are both fit he may still have to play in the wings.

His options to get matches for world cup don't look good unless dortmund break their bank or another team changes their system to 4-2-3-1 just for mata.

And on top of this we are still not sure if del bosque will start him for spain if he still wasn't a starter after his best ever year last season.

The only realistic scenario that I see to this is Atletico Madrid trading Diego Costa for him.

On one hand, Chelsea would get the top striker it desperately needs. On the other hand, Atletico Madrid won't be able to keep its striker much longer with a buyout clause of 37m. And when they do get the 37m, they still won't manage to attract a world class player like Mata. They won't get another chance like this one.

It's also a plus for both players. Mata will get the playing time he needs to play the world cup and Diego Costa will be at one of the best European clubs.

Tired of people trashing Mata on here. You don't have to bash him simply to prop up the manager. Stop revising history people.

How are people trashing him exactly? His response yesterday was always going to draw attention and Mata isn't one of the players who is too stupid to realise that. He knows exactly how media and social media works.

On the pitch he simply hasn't been as important as he was for us, and that's got nothing to do with trying to 'prop up the manager'.

Well, your beloved Oscar was given a special treatment when Mourinho said 5 months ago that he was the choosen one and you didn't say anything about that.

And Oscar has repaid that trust in him.

Oscar is a potential Ballon d'Or winner, Mata isn't. I've said for the last two seasons that we would have to choose between the two eventually and that time seems to be here. If Mata can't do a job for us on the right-wing then I really don't think he has a future with us.

I'm surprised he's taken him this long to kick off. one things for sure though, he won't be short of suitors and offers if/when he becomes available on the market so our loss really. from mata's perspective, he knows plenty of top to emerging clubs will be after him and make him a starter in their respective teams so why should he settle for the crappy treatment he's been getting from jose. . . .he doesn't have the problem some players have of worrying that Chelsea could be their last and only chance of ever playing for a top club and at the highest level.

good luck to him wherever he goes as he's one of my favourite Chelsea players, classy guy too.

His response yesterday was always going to draw attention and Mata isn't one of the players who is too stupid to realise that. He knows exactly how media and social media works.

That may be a decent point but let's be fair here for a second, do people expect somebody - even someone as cool as Mata - to always stay calm and normal in the heat of the moment and arguably facing an increase in frustration? As I said in the previous post, it's always easy for we all sitting here and just criticize when someone react like that and perhaps not understand enough of the situation or the player's POV.

Just out of curiosity, did Lampard receive the same level of criticism when he pulled a similar stunt under AVB?

after they won UCL, everything and everyone was forgiven and forgotten...

except by Roman...

That may be a decent point but let's be fair here for a second, do people expect somebody - even someone as cool as Mata - to always stay calm and normal in the heat of the moment and arguably facing an increase in frustration? As I said in the previous post, it's always easy for we all sitting here and just criticize when someone react like that and perhaps not understand enough of the situation or the player's POV.

There is that, but there is also the fact there is a time and place to show your frustration. This can be done away from the cameras behind close doors etc, and this doesn't just apply to Mata, but to every player. I never understand why players show petulance when they are subbed from the field, after all they maybe human and have feeling but they also have a level of professionalism to show, both as a player and role model.

Jose said his door is always open for people to speak with him, this is the route Mata should of taken, now the Jose heckles are up and Mata has a choice. If my boss grills me at work I don't show petulance or annoyance I simply take it on the chin or debate back in a reasonable and rational way. We live in a media driven world which you would make them think twice about doing what they do no matter what the circumstances.

He's a professional who want's to play football, that has to be remembered here and for the good of both parties the right agreement must be reached whether we part or stay company.

I can see both points of view but Mata should of gone about this the right way, the way he did was the wrong way.

Nobody can, but publicly challenging the authority of the club's manager in the way he did yesterday is petulant, spoilt, and childish. That's why he's upset people, myself included. I thought he was the model professional but he obviously can't take disappointment. The real great footballers respond to these periods and come back stronger. It's not like you can say he's doing all he can. At his best this season, he's been playing at about 60% of the capacity he was capable of last season. Yes, I know it is hard to play well and play consistently well when you're in and out of the team, but he has been given ample opportunity to win the shirt.

Before people jump on the bandwagon and accuse me of being ardent defender of Mata here, I would like to ask, on what grounds were Mata's reaction yesterday indicating he was challenging Mourinho's decision or authority for that matter? Yes, we can all see his frustration and he's clearly not happy after he was subbed off but we don't even know what his frustration was exactly, do we? It just seems nonsensical that people are coming to that conclusion above based on one reaction like that - a speculation-esque if anything - when there is no 100% evidence to say he was completely challenging Mourinho's decision. And even at that, to say he's 'challenge' seems somewhat OTT of a description. If anything, there's a difference between him 'not happy' with Mourinho's decision and 'challenge' the manager's decision.

Schurrle managed. KDB has managed. Cole has managed. Plenty of players have managed.

I understand he must've been frustrated but petulance like that from someone like Mata can seem a little calculated. He's an intelligent man, he understands how stuff like this works.

I'm surprised he's taken him this long to kick off. one things for sure though, he won't be short of suitors and offers if/when he becomes available on the market so our loss really. from mata's perspective, he knows plenty of top to emerging clubs will be after him and make him a starter in their respective teams so why should he settle for the crappy treatment he's been getting from jose. . . .he doesn't have the problem some players have of worrying that Chelsea could be their last and only chance of ever playing for a top club and at the highest level.

good luck to him wherever he goes as he's one of my favourite Chelsea players, classy guy too.

Why has he received crappy treatment? Jose just rates Oscar higher than him in the middle and Willian better than him on the right-wing. How on Earth is that crappy treatment?

Cole has been surplanted by a right-back who proved Jose wrong. Azpi wasn't in the first-team, but he was given a chance and won that shirt. Has Mata not been given a fair chance?

Agreed. Complete overreactions.

I agree that it may actually be of benefit to the club to move him on if things don't improve. But to belittle the man like people have done here is insulting to the 2 fantastic years of service he has provided. People are all too quick to forget how much we depended on him to win games and quick jump to José's side when things look good (for now). It seems people have just been waiting for this moment for a while.

Honestly, some of the reactions on here have shocked me and I expected more on an educated forum. Saying that Mata might have to move on is fine, but people should also show a level of respect for what he has done for the club up until that moment. It was the first semi-negative thing he's done here and it was because he's a footballer who wants to play football. For fuck sake. Look at all the insanely stupid shit JT has done but 95% of people here still call him 'legend'. Hypocrites.

People are judging him on his actions. No-one is ignoring his contribution to this club but simply putting it into context. I haven't seen anyone belittle him.

In fact what I've seen is more people moaning about Mata not playing at the first opportunity (especially on Twitter) than praising Oscar's emergence as one of the most exciting prospects in world football.

Yea!, Mourinho got those two substitutions wrong yesterday, so Mata has every right to feel hard done by. Substandard coaching from Mourinho, we should make Mata player-manager.

How anyone can be unappreciative of what Mata has done is not even in it, I don't think there would be a single person on here, or anywhere.

The debate isn't of that, the debate is about his long term future here and yesterdays happenings.

There is that, but there is also the fact there is a time and place to show your frustration. This can be done away from the cameras behind close doors etc, and this doesn't just apply to Mata, but to every player. I never understand why players show petulance when they are subbed from the field, after all they maybe human and have feeling but they also have a level of professionalism to show, both as a player and role model.

Jose said his door is always open for people to speak with him, this is the route Mata should of taken, now the Jose heckles are up and Mata has a choice. If my boss grills me at work I don't show petulance or annoyance I simply take it on the chin or debate back in a reasonable and rational way. We live in a media driven world which you would make them think twice about doing what they do no matter what the circumstances.

I can see both points of view but Mata should of gone about this the right way, the way he did was the wrong way.

I get your point but let's not act as if we all don't lose all cool in front of people at some point during our lives...