Juan Mata

Severinb

Mata just became a frustrated player. When Luiz came in the last minutes of the Arsenal game, you really could see the man wanted to help the team and play his game, Mata for instance just look disillusioned when he is playing.

That said, I can understand his rage. Why Mourinho didn't make the changes in the HT, why he just had to wait 6 minutes into the 2nd Half to do what he had to do? It seems he just wanted to embarrass Mata.

Because Southampton were almost exclusively attacking the side of the pitch Mata was on. They were getting a lot of joy out of him towards the end of the first half and carried on doing it in the start of the second. Mourinho, to his credit, tried to give him a chance but it happened again for 5 minutes non-stop. He had to make the change.

After he was taken off there was a period of play were Southampton had the ball and had absolutely no avenue of attack. They literally just probed for a minute because there was no weak-link. When Mata was on they just worked the ball around him at ease.

Because Southampton were almost exclusively attacking the side of the pitch Mata was on. They were getting a lot of joy out of him towards the end of the first half and carried on doing it in the start of the second. Mourinho, to his credit, tried to give him a chance but it happened again for 5 minutes non-stop. He had to make the change.

After he was taken off there was a period of play were Southampton had the ball and had absolutely no avenue of attack. They literally just probed for a minute because there was no weak-link. When Mata was on they just worked the ball around him at ease.

That was happening since the first half. Everybody knew at the end of the first half that it was a time for Oscar+Willian replacing both Mata and Schurle.

Hate to say it as I think he's brilliant, but might be best if he goes. We have plenty of players in his position, Jose obviously doesn't fancy him, we improved today after he went off, it seems an amicable parting would work for everyone.

Hazard, Oscar and Willian are without doubt our best 3 behind the striker now. Especially the style/way Jose plays. Mata has had chances this season, Oscar has been better.

Mata is too good to sit on the bench, can't see him wanting to stay there. Hes a great bloke too, proper pro and I want him to stay, but if we have to use him to get a top striker like Rooney, Falcao, Cavani etc then I've got to be honest and say go for it. It would improve us as a team.

Schurrle, and possibly de Bruyne, Moses and others could provide back up options for the 3 behind striker

The only way that he is gonna stay now is if Mou is sacked, which will not happen/cannot be allowed to. Think we should start thinking about who we will be using his cash on now, my ideal scenario would be straight swap with Diego Costa

Yep official now, Mata is done at Chelsea. Thanks for the memory Juan, but your time is up. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2532224/End-Mata-Mourinho-says-Spaniard-leave-Chelsea-furious-reaction-subbed-Southampton.html

His petulant attitude when he came off was very disappointing. Mourinho is the boss, and he has been totally vindicated in playing Willian and Ossie recently. Mata hasn't been good enough in any capacity; either in an attacking sense or in doing the defensive role the other options do. Totally backing Mourinho's decision, especially since it is his team to manage, and he made the decisions that won us the game. The club recorded a brilliant victory today. That's Chelsea FC, not Juan Mata FC. If he wants to sulk, he can go and do it elsewhere. £35 million from PSG would be a nice little bit of pocket money for the summer, with financial fair-play and all that malarkey. Awful attitude and and a bad, bad example to the youngsters watching. I thought better of him than that, very disappointed in his attitude. The only low point of a wonderful afternoon.

maybe he was angry at himself and not only at mourinho? how do you know? people should chill over him for gods sake. he has given us two!! amazing years and was player of the year twice. its normal, that he aint satisfied with his situation. he is playing on the wing while everybody knows that he sucks there while Hazard plays as a CAM today. of course the sub was right, but you cant blame MAta for being angry that he got subbed after 50 mins of play time. do you think at this moment he sits there and thinks "oh i should be a role model for the young kids wathcing me". chill on. he is a normal person with emotions, which took over him today. nothing serious. I didnt see him sulking in ANY interview yet and he didnt say one bad word about us. its normal that a player, who was a starter for 2 years and now is subbed after 50 mins while playing out of position aint satisfied.

@BlueMourinhoKing what is this shit article indicating? Mou says in it "i dont want to sell him"- yeah he clearly wants him out. he just says if a player wants to go, he wont hold him against his will.

Thought he defended well this time around.

I've come to think it's not really the lack of defending on Mata's part that bothers Jose. It's more to do with his lack of pace and quickness. He slows down play which seems to go directly against Jose's idea of what a team should do.

Wonder whether he could be converted to a DLP/CM, an attacking one at that obviously. He wouldn't have the physicality for it, but the technique and vision would be abundant - similar to Modric for example. He can keep possession well, so it could work.

maybe he was angry at himself and not only at mourinho? how do you know? people should chill over him for gods sake. he has given us two!! amazing years and was player of the year twice. its normal, that he aint satisfied with his situation. he is playing on the wing while everybody knows that he sucks there while Hazard plays as a CAM today. of course the sub was right, but you cant blame MAta for being angry that he got subbed after 50 mins of play time. do you think at this moment he sits there and thinks "oh i should be a role model for the young kids wathcing me". chill on. he is a normal person with emotions, which took over him today. nothing serious. I didnt see him sulking in ANY interview yet and he didnt say one bad word about us. its normal that a player, who was a starter for 2 years and now is subbed after 50 mins while playing out of position aint satisfied.

@BlueMourinhoKing what is this shit article indicating? Mou says in it "i dont want to sell him"- yeah he clearly wants him out. he just says if a player wants to go, he wont hold him against his will.

Plenty of other players have been dropped and not moaned. It was pathetic.

Yes it is normal that a player who has been a regular should not be satisfied by being benched, but his performances are average at best. He was the worst of our starting midfield five.

You say to stop making out that Mata is not mad at being subbed. What is he frustrated at, then? The weather? Losing some followers on Twitter? He's acted like a child and he deserves to be chastised for it.

Yes it is normal that a player who has been a regular should not be satisfied by being benched, but his performances are average at best. He was the worst of our starting midfield five.

You say to stop making out that Mata is not mad at being subbed. What is he frustrated at, then? The weather? Losing some followers on Twitter? He's acted like a child and he deserves to be chastised for it.

Maybe he thought he would be given more time? who knows what Mou said at halftime. Also you can be actually angry at yourself. I don defend his showing today, even thuogh I think it was partly also Mous fault. I think it was a mixture of being subbed+ playing not good. He surely WANTS to play in to the team but at the moment he just cant. its normal that you are reacting angry to it.

Essien was never a starter. Cech wasnt dropped?!

Cech was dropped after the Stoke game.

Mikel wasnt a starter back then. Cahill was never a starter. Torres was shit since he is here. Schürrle is a new buy and wasnt a starter. Same goes for Ba and Etoo. Cole was already awful for the most part last year.

These players have each been dropped.

Comparing their situations to Mata? Mata was our BEST PLAYER twice in a row. and you compraing him to some new buys + players who have been shit for years or past it or whatever. None of the named was as influential as Mata has been in the last 2 seasons. Also Mata hasnt MOANED. he was jut angry being subbed, did he moan to the press or some stuff like that? And in contraire to Mata, they are at least playing at their best position.

Has been. Has been.

He's been awful this season, he doesn't fit the system and he was awful today. He deserved to be subbed and he didn't need to make the fuss he did. I'm only disappointed the cameras didn't cut to him when Oscar actually started leading this team.

Thought he defended well this time around.

I've come to think it's not really the lack of defending on Mata's part that bothers Jose. It's more to do with his lack of pace and quickness. He slows down play which seems to go directly against Jose's idea of what a team should do.

Wonder whether he could be converted to a DLP/CM, an attacking one at that obviously. He wouldn't have the physicality for it, but the technique and vision would be abundant - similar to Modric for example. He can keep possession well, so it could work.

Nope wouldn't happen, he is not like Rooney, he can't even adapt his role a bit on the wing how do you expect him to become a completely different type of player. He would fit well at teams like Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal and better suited to their passing games

Just to increase or keep his price the same, he wouldn't come out and say ok he can goes if he wants because then many teams would just low ball us.

Maybe he thought he would be given more time? who knows what Mou said at halftime. Also you can be actually angry at yourself. I don defend his showing today, even thuogh I think it was partly also Mous fault. I think it was a mixture of being subbed+ playing not good. He surely WANTS to play in to the team but at the moment he just cant. its normal that you are reacting angry to it.

I would like to think he was being angry at himself, but the fact he ignored Mourinho and then scowled at him is pretty damning evidence, unless he comes out on Twitter later and says he had a really bad twitch.

Nope wouldn't happen, he is not like Rooney, he can't even adapt his role a bit on the wing how do you expect him to become a completely different type of player. He would fit well at teams like Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal and better suited to their passing games

Just to increase or keep his price the same, he wouldn't come out and say ok he can goes if he wants because then many teams would just low ball us.

Every team knows that Mou isnt fancying Mata. You dont have to come out and say this in public. You just have to look at his stats of his playing time and how he was used/subbed. Still dont think that we will sell him now.

@The only place to be: Well if you arent taking the 2 past years in to his account, than its clear why you cant emphasize with him. if you have been the star of the team for 2 years (more or less) and than you are transofrming in to a player, who cant even play a full match if he starts, its normal, that you get angry. you cant just blend out what he has done for our club. he wasnt even shouting at Mou or some stuff like that, he was just angry, thats it. he also didnt run to the press and whined about it.

Mata has been and is a top notch professional. Just hurts me a little bit if people tend to forget that fast. Should have sold him already in the summer and funded a new striker with the money PSG was offering us.

Every team knows that Mou isnt fancying Mata. You dont have to come out and say this in public. You just have to look at his stats of his playing time and how he was used/subbed. Still dont think that we will sell him now.

@The only place to be: Well if you arent taking the 2 past years in to his account, than its clear why you cant emphasize with him. if you have been the star of the team for 2 years (more or less) and than you are transofrming in to a player, who cant even play a full match if he starts, its normal, that you get angry. you cant just blend out what he has done for our club. he wasnt even shouting at Mou or some stuff like that, he was just angry, thats it. he also didnt run to the press and whined about it.

Naaa if we could doubt anyone will leave the team now before their contract expires but he will want to go like Kevin, so all Mou is saying is that he can goes if he wants, but we aren't actively trying to sell him.