Juan Mata

Severinb

I have to agree there has been many plauers dropped particularly David Luiz and he hasn't reacted like that.

Can someone tell me, all that stuff after the Liverpool game about him getting to go Portugal yet he was sitting in he stands with Lampard Sr ???

Mourinho was just joking when he said. Obviously Luiz wouldn't be going to Portugal at this time with games coming thick and fast!

Theres nobody in the Chelsea team that has the genuises of Mata imho for all that i like the workrate of Willian,Oscar,Hazard,and would like Schurrle to rise to their level,but the type of player that Mata is they are too few and far between to find,for all the talk about how Roman wants Cfc to play surley players like Mata should be built around ffs...Has Jose not watched what Mata has brought the last 2years,He could and should be heading to Zola road of Chelsea glory

Instead of buying Schürrle/Willian and keeping KDB when we wasn't even gonna be part of this team we should have simply brought in a top midfielder so our best player from the last 2 years doesn't have to be sacrificed.

Instead of buying Schürrle/Willian and keeping KDB when we wasn't even gonna be part of this team we should have simply brought in a top midfielder so our best player from the last 2 years doesn't have to be sacrificed.

Juan Mata was never in Jose plan.... Mata was always going to get sacrificed eventually....

Whether it was Willian, Schurrle or whoever, he was going to bring someone else in...

It's really going to be sad and painful but for his sake, I hope Mata leaves and go to a club where his abilities can be maximized so he can really flourish. There is not much point of keeping a player where his and the manager's strengths and preference are not compatible. Would rather just have the club buying players that fit into what Mourinho wants really. *sigh*

And what club is this? What big club is going to maximize Mata skillset and hide his weaknesses?

There was a moment in the game where someone went to play a through ball to a sprinting Mata. It was intercepted easily by a Saints player and you Juan threw his head back in dismay. The old Mata would have just jogged on but you could see it click in his brain that he had to get the ball back so sprinted and forced the defender to play the ball quicker than he would have liked. Nothing major but it shows the impact Jose is having on him.

Ah come on, we all know Mata hasn't been treated like those guys. Players like Luiz still get a lot of match time and are actually part of Mou's squad. Mata's just being played because he's there and he's usually now always the first to be taken off. It's different.

Mata's started quite a lot recently, apart from the big games, which admittedly must be a concern for a player of his calibre.

Azpilicueta also, wasn't getting games (outside the Carling Cup) until mid October, he made the odd appearance off the bench, but that was it.

To be honest he has been unlucky of late, if I think of Etoo's missed chances from palace, torres last night and many other games he might have at least 6 assists this season. Also guys dont forget tht Southampton have played 5 games in 3 weeks with a really weak squad depth.

^ he may have played those minutes but he hasn't been treated at all like Azpi or Luiz.

this is a sad situation in the club atm. i would sell him off in the summer for good money. then invest that on someone who fits the pressing system here

^ he may have played those minutes but he hasn't been treated at all like Azpi or Luiz.

this is a sad situation in the club atm. i would sell him off in the summer for good money. then invest that on someone who fits the pressing system here

so should he be given special treatment? Wasn't he treated in a professional way by Mourinho? Wasn't he given chances and dropped according to either circumstances (injury, lack of form, bad matchup for his style, etc) or not being better than the options just like everyone else? What about the strikers and Mikel?

I really am tired of all kind of excuses being given to Mata to forgive him from all his faults, but at the end of the day each of us will see his situation in a certain way. He hasn't been missed - which is the naked truth - in the team. We didn't perish in the attack because chances of goals weren't created - Hazard leads that stats according to people who like this stat. We failed because of finishing. Many players missed sitters or score-able goals, so I really don't think we miss Mata. We could always use the player he's used to be and we'd thrive if he did, but he doesn't seem to be able to adapt, to fit and honestly I wonder if he isn't depressed, demotivated or whatever. He just doesn't look like that guy that will turn this around and get riled up or hyper motivated and boom, just explode. He seems like that guy that will get quieter and quieter (not in a positive way) and hopefully without little outbursts of inappropriate rage/frustration.

so should he be given special treatment? Wasn't he treated in a professional way by Mourinho? Wasn't he given chances and dropped according to either circumstances (injury, lack of form, bad matchup for his style, etc) or not being better than the options just like everyone else? What about the strikers and Mikel?

I really am tired of all kind of excuses being given to Mata to forgive him from all his faults, but at the end of the day each of us will see his situation in a certain way. He hasn't been missed - which is the naked truth - in the team. We didn't perish in the attack because chances of goals weren't created - Hazard leads that stats according to people who like this stat. We failed because of finishing. Many players missed sitters or score-able goals, so I really don't think we miss Mata. We could always use the player he's used to be and we'd thrive if he did, but he doesn't seem to be able to adapt, to fit and honestly I wonder if he isn't depressed, demotivated or whatever. He just doesn't look like that guy that will turn this around and get riled up or hyper motivated and boom, just explode. He seems like that guy that will get quieter and quieter (not in a positive way) and hopefully without little outbursts of inappropriate rage/frustration.

why special treatment? Oscar has done well so far. Not like we've missed Mata but he's a player of real quality. sees passes where others don't. i understand his frustration and would like to see the club sell him off to a foreign league for decent money rather than play him in games against Palace, Swansea etc.the reaction to being subbed is nothing like Mata so far at Chelsea. He has been professional right through this whole thing and I'm sure that was just a one-off. No point having a go at him for that

I really don't feel sad when I think of Mata leaving tbh. 40m or so to be spent on a striker or midfielder sounds pretty decent to me, while we still have Willian, Hazard, Oscar and Schurrle. I would probably bring someone in the mold of Moses, solid wide player who wouldn't complain about being a squad player.