• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

6 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

This is getting annoying how lucky City are. They are the best side in the country by a landslide but this is still more luck than they deserve

I don't know. 

De Bruyne makes that pass 9/10 times. Especially with no pressure. 

13 wins in a row. The league is all but won.

Paul Pogba: I hope Manchester City players get injured
http://www.eurosport.com/football/premier-league/2017-2018/paul-pogba-i-hope-manchester-city-players-get-injured_sto6430202/story.shtml

"I hope – and it's bad to say things like this – but I hope they will get some very important players injured like what happened with us."

"People don't see this, don't speak about this, but every time we have important players that get injured when there is important games.

"So if that starts happening with them as well maybe we'll get a little difference. A little touch that makes them weaker."

Sport spirt, wow. A leading example for young kids. Well done man. Not to mention he almost destroyed Bellerin's career yesterday after that disgusting challenge on his knee. And he has the audacity to ironically clap his hands.

I hope City will destroy them next week. Awful club.

Off the top of my head, City have gotten 9 points in the final 10 minutes or injury time of matches this season.

1-1 v Everton

2-1 at Bournemouth

2-1 at Huddersfield

2-1 v Southampton

2-1 v West Ham

Quite annoying. Without those points, they would be just 2 points ahead of us right now.

^^ I was going to look up exactly what you (Jason) just posted. 

It makes me feel almost sick how many times City have got their points in the bag during the last moments of their games. It's the sign of champions really, performing under that immense pressure that comes with only minutes left to play. It doesn't happen by coincidence either - Guardiola's finally showing his worth in the Premier League. He's taught the players a new mentality, which is a shame for us, because you don't lose your mentality the moment a coach is gone. They've lost their fear, and any inferiority complex that they had. 

I expect them and ourselves to win the bulk of the next 10 Premier League titles, with them edging us 6 to 4, or maybe even 7 to 3. With that in mind, I simply hope they don't win the CL any time soon. If they take at least another 5 years to win it (possible, but becoming more unlikely unfortunately), at least we can stake the genuine claim that when compared side by side (worth doing since both clubs were taken over by ultra-rich parties), we are the ones who tasted the forbidden fruit far quicker, which surely is a sign of better success. (And if we want to get petty, which we do of course, we've beyond reasonable doubt, reached a CL final in a quicker fashion than them, and dominated some top teams like Barcelona in a way they never have.)

Regardless of our recent years and the ones to come, we can take solace knowing that our 90's team easily outmatches any of their pre-oil baron teams:wub:Never will they be the biggest team in Manchester, and never will they be the other team contending United for the crown of England's best ever - which we're on level for in my opinion if we begin a ratio of 5 PL titles to United's 1 PL title, going forward. If we win 5 more PL titles, and United 0 in the next 10 years, we're the best in PL history in my mind, regardless of records. We've had consistent success despite different managers, different philosophies. They've really only had a boom period (during most of our lives) under 1 manager. And in many sports, that'd be called a one-trick pony, a fluke, a green period. If your views are as unorthodox as some of the shit i come out with, you might consider us the most consistent PL team of the past 20 years. Especially when you consider that our worst run of form under Roman, has already been matched by United (except we still won the Europa League - what did they win during their worst periods?)
We have equal stains in my lifetime. But we've won the race under far more variety of conditions.

(The fact that this post began about Man City, but turned into a United comparison, further shows that they're not going to match United in our lifetime. They're just our version of PSG. They can win as much as they like, but never will they win hearts; only begrudging respect, and that respect isn't like the one earned by us, Arsenal's invincible's, United's golden periods. Then again, my 'need' to put them down validates some sort of jealousy. I guess it's normal to be jealous of how they play. But no doubt they're jealous of our trophies:cig:)

They won my heart after that agueuro goal lol. 

Agree with the post though not jealous of how they play just annoyed that we used to be like that and are capable of playing that way just haven't quite got the team to at the moment. Saying that wouldn't be jealous of another teams success..just annoyed at where we went wrong this season so far..still early days but unless something drastic happens top 4 aim for def. Not that it's a bad thing consisting last time we won the season after we were aiming for top half 

Mark Clattenburg on that Spurs 2-2 draw gifting Leicester the League title -

"I allowed them [Spurs] to self-destruct so all the media, all the people in the world went: 'Tottenham lost the title.'

"If I sent three players off from Tottenham, what are the headlines? 'Clattenburg cost Tottenham the title.' It was pure theatre that Tottenham self-destructed against Chelsea and Leicester won the title."

"I helped the game. I certainly benefited the game by my style of refereeing.

"Some referees would have played by the book; Tottenham would have been down to seven or eight players and probably lost and they would've been looking for an excuse.

"But I didn't give them an excuse, because my gameplan was: Let them lose the title."

On 04/12/2017 at 0:04 PM, milan.cech said:

Mark Clattenburg on that Spurs 2-2 draw gifting Leicester the League title -

Unbelievable comments. I hate Clattenburg with a passion. You can trll he is biased and lets things go for certain teams.

Who said Alonso wouldn't be good enough.
Who said Bakayoko wouldn't be good enough.
Who said Coutinho was superior to Oscar.
Who said 4 years ago that Azpilicueta should be a centre-back.
Who said 4 years ago that Hazard should play centrally. 
And who was called idiotic for all of those perspectives?

I JUST WANNA KNOW!

Big-Show-Angry-600x250.jpg

slamming-fist.jpg

:lol::drunk:

To add to the prophecies, none of the following will be starter players for us in 4 years - Rudiger, Drinkwater, nor Bakayoko. Start of the season these would've been considered 'bold' claims - good thing it was said then too.

:cig: