• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Are you being sarcastic. I don't recally many 50m+ signing last season except the one being done by City
Nope. I'm talking about fees in general around Europe have risen & these types of fees are looked at in the same way.

Lukaku, Morata, Chamberlain, Dembele, Lacazette to name a few that cost close to that or more. In addition, Mendy was the only player that cost over £50m that City signed over the summer.

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

Nope. I'm talking about fees in general around Europe have risen & these types of fees are looked at in the same way.

Lukaku, Morata, Chamberlain, Dembele, Lacazette to name a few that cost close to that or more. In addition, Mendy was the only player that cost over £50m that City signed over the summer.

Lukaku,Morata,Lacazette fee are strikers, it is normal for striker transfer fee to be 50 or more. We signed Torres for 50 m, and it was a while ago.

Chamberlain fee was around 35. Our signing are all less than 50 except Morata. United are all less than 50 except Lukaku, Arsenal all less than 50 excpet Lacazette, Spurs all less than 50.

City signed Mendy and Walker both for 50 m plus I think B. Silva was around 47.5 m. 

50 m is not the new normal. 

This City is like Chelsea under Mou in his 1st term. At that point we outspent everybody on the transfer market

Lukaku,Morata,Lacazette fee are strikers, it is normal for striker transfer fee to be 50 or more. We signed Torres for 50 m, and it was a while ago. Chamberlain fee was around 35. Our signing are all less than 50 except Morata. United are all less than 50 except Lukaku, Arsenal all less than 50 excpet Lacazette, Spurs all less than 50.

City signed Mendy and Walker both for 50 m plus I think B. Silva was around 47.5 m. 

50 m is not the new normal. 

This City is like Chelsea under Mou in his 1st term. At that point we outspent everybody on the transfer market

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/20-most-expensive-transfer-deals-10878202

I never said £50m is the new norm, but it's a fee that is touted almost everywhere nowadays for most players. It doesn't raise eyebrows like it did when he signed Torres.

City will get a pass along as they aren't spending 50m+ on multiple players & making a profit (https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/08/manchester-city-record-revenues-accounts-wages-2016-17).

It is funny if you just listen to the media you will think that there is no chance for teams like Arsenal but looking at the table there is very little that separate the 7th spot Burnley with 22 points and the 2nd spot United with 26 points.

The only team that is running away right now is City

8 hours ago, communicate said:

It is funny if you just listen to the media you will think that there is no chance for teams like Arsenal but looking at the table there is very little that separate the 7th spot Burnley with 22 points and the 2nd spot United with 26 points.

The only team that is running away right now is City

I think the Burnley surprised everyone, but we can't compare tham to the "big". But yes, I agree with the media, there isn't a chance for teams like Arsenal (maybe only this year) because the city is running us hell ...