• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

He's not the better player, obviously i'd sooner have Hazard for one season than Sterling for five, but this season Raheem is so much more productive than I think Hazard's ever been. But, if Hazard played for City...he might get a goal and assist every single game.

5 minutes ago, Leif said:

He's not the better player, obviously i'd sooner have Hazard for one season than Sterling for five, but this season Raheem is so much more productive than I think Hazard's ever been. But, if Hazard played for City...he might get a goal and assist every single game.

I'm not sure what you mean by productive. Last season Hazard had more keypasses from open play than any other player in Europe's top 5 leagues but yet had only 5 assists which says a lot about his teammates. Sterling has never come close to that.  

https://www.whoscored.com/Articles/pIE68Mj2lU6L-wBGAJVziw/Show/European-Team-of-the-Season-ST-Eden-Hazard-(Chelsea)

It's easy to be productive as a forward when you play for a team  that has scored 42 goals in 13 games, totally dominates the ball (averaging 63% possession) and creates chances for fun. Sterling can afford to score a lot of tap-ins this season thanks to that brand of football.

Hazard at this stage last season had 9 goals in the league. Let's see if Sterling can continue to score. Even in this insanely stacked City side its very likely he regresses to the mean. 

I think city does improve their play a bit compare to last season. That make sense in 2nd year with relatively the same squad. But having a good GK and good fb for me has been the key for them.

Last season I remember how they concede plenty of cheap goals from simple  long ball. Looks like it will not happen often this season because their fb are not slow anymore. Now they can provide cover for their CB.

8 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Ya made that mistake before! Shame United won but that won't effect us probably..Spurs however..more so

Yep. Not even really thinking about the Manchester clubs anymore. At this point it's all about 3rd. 

Just now, Pizy said:

Yep. Not even really thinking about the Manchester clubs anymore. At this point it's all about 3rd. 

Thinking about the Manchester clubs only in the way wanting to see Mourinho lose the title race badly :D 

27 minutes ago, Pizy said:

City is off the reach, but United? 

We are 3 (hopefuly we win tomorrow) points behind them. Its not something we cant catch. 

Our target must and have to be 2nd place. 

If we keep up with them in december, then it will be january window. Althrough I dont believe we will make any big moves, its still opportunity to get more depth. Should be more than enought to finish ahead of United who are already beatable. 

Winning against swansea and nufc will be very important, united plays arsenal away and city at home

City tho...

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

City is off the reach, but United? 

We are 3 (hopefuly we win tomorrow) points behind them. Its not something we cant catch. 

Our target must and have to be 2nd place. 

If we keep up with them in december, then it will be january window. Althrough I dont believe we will make any big moves, its still opportunity to get more depth. Should be more than enought to finish ahead of United who are already beatable. 

Winning against swansea and nufc will be very important, united plays arsenal away and city at home

City tho...

Honestly haven't even looked at the table recently so didn't know we'd only be 3 points behind United with a win tomorrow. You're right, they are still easily within reach and I'm seeing they have Arsenal at the weekend.

Hopefully Conte doesn't rotate too much tomorrow. Must win against such a terrible opponent. Can't afford to think we can stroll in and walk it.