The English Football Thread

Steve

8 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

I cant believe City bought Bernardo Silva and Danilo just to bench them. These are two players who would walk into our side now.

This summer we need wb, city need wb. We signed zappacosta, city signed Mendy, Walker and Danilo. 

Not sure how can we compete with them. 

• Replies 65.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

9 minutes ago, bluephoenix said:

Can't believe we had the chance to make the history that City did last season and we blew it(we are chokers IMO).

Pep doing everything that I thought he would and doing it so well.

Spurs away at WHL is never easy. Though they did it away to a Mourinho team, which is also extremely difficult.

30 minutes ago, The Chels said:

Spurs away at WHL is never easy. Though they did it away to a Mourinho team, which is also extremely difficult.

I just hope that the club gives Conte the kind of transfers he needs to build the team that he thinks he can win trophies with.

Not only his team performances, but also his comments and touchline behavior and gestures aimed at refs. As I said, Klopp would get away with murdering a ref.

I also noticed that Lukaku had another moment where he could have been sent off. I think he could have seen more red cards than he scored goals this season. Another protected one.

3 hours ago, Mana said:

It's 3 spots...2nd place is still very up for grabs.

Abso-bloody-lutely!

City are a genuinely good team. Finishing behind them will be disappointing of course, but not a disgrace. In the long run, we, and the rest of their would be challengers, have to up our game, or get used to watching them lift the Premier League trophy. In the short term however, none of the challenging group can be described as great. Second place is right there and certainly doable.

50 minutes ago, LeonDavis23 said:

We can hope but the top 2 just seem a class above at the moment in terms of consistency. They've been 1st & 2nd for the entire season so far and also have the 2 best attacks and defence..

United are really not a class above us.. and they're definitely not City class.