The English Football Thread

Steve

7 hours ago, Leif said:

Who said Alonso wouldn't be good enough.
Who said Bakayoko wouldn't be good enough.
Who said Coutinho was superior to Oscar.
Who said 4 years ago that Azpilicueta should be a centre-back.
Who said 4 years ago that Hazard should play centrally. 
And who was called idiotic for all of those perspectives?

I JUST WANNA KNOW!

Hide contents

:lol::drunk:

Hide contents

To add to the prophecies, none of the following will be starter players for us in 4 years - Rudiger, Drinkwater, nor Bakayoko. Start of the season these would've been considered 'bold' claims - good thing it was said then too.

:cig:

If Conte ever gets fired, I want Leif as CFC manager. I'm not even kidding.

• Replies 65.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

If Hazard had Salah's ferocious desire to run constantly and score he'd be the best player in the world. Whereas Eden looks to provide and set up his teammates first, Salah is just a killer who's always looking to score.

19 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If Hazard had Salah's ferocious desire to run constantly and score he'd be the best player in the world. Whereas Eden looks to provide and set up his teammates first, Salah is just a killer who's always looking to score.

Then Hazard would be a different player and it would take something away from the team. The best practice would be not to try to change Hazard, but to complement him by providing him a teammate like Salah.

Nice. Arse and Liverpool both dropping points against sides you'd have expected them to beat. Yesterday doesn't sting as much now.

Hoping for a convincing City win now. They're completely out of sight but United/2nd can still be a very realistic goal if they lose today.

Not surprised Liverpool draw against Liverpool, game after European game is always tough. Good for us though that both arsenal n pool draw. 

Just saw the lineup for city against united, not surprised that Jesus start, he is a much better fit for what pep want from his cf plus against united he is a more willing runner. 

37 minutes ago, manpe said:

Then Hazard would be a different player and it would take something away from the team. The best practice would be not to try to change Hazard, but to complement him by providing him a teammate like Salah.

Completely agree, I don't want Hazard develop shoot first mentality and turn into a CR.

I haven't watched Liverpool lately, only early in the season and last season. The way they setup their offense is completely different to us. I have no doubt if Hazard play in pool system he will look much better compare to what we see right now. He will have more space to operate. Last we play 343, the two midfielder always shielded the defenceman. Whereas in Klopp system both fb are flying forward and the two midfielder also run forward often either to act as decoy or to create width, far more offensive. 

Is Chelsea 2004-2006 still the best team Mourinho has ever assembled? I don't mind counter-attacking football when it's done with quality. This United team, however, looks less like United and more like West Brom. So many average players.

Of course they equalize just when I was saying this... :)