Official - Carlo sacked

Styles

Should Ancelotti be replaced in the summer?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ancelotti be sacked?

• Yes, he should go
    • No, he should stay

This was very disappointing... It seems that a lot of people forget about the great attacking football Chelsea played last season and the double.....

How is Chelsea going to build a winning squad? Chelsea need stability, like any other club...

Very sad to hear about this.

Thanks for everything, Carlo, you were great!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to see stablity basically,knowing come the end of the season if a Manager hasnt got 1st place of whatever then they'll get to stay on.No get the sack and be on the look out for another one.Wont feel confident with who we get cause you know we wont be seeing them for longer then least 2 seasons. Heck Jose was succesful,won something every year and even he got the sack so not much hope for anyone really.

Thats right, but he questioned Abramovich. I would focus on the people around Abramovich if i should change anything in this club. But dont get me wrong i agree totally with your statements,

this is not the right way to lead a club.

I think you're probably right. Basically, the board never think long-term till Chelsea are crowned European Champions.

I wouldn't say "never think", but "never thought". I mean, it seems to be clear that Roman wants to bring stability to Chelsea, his investments in the academy just prove that. So maybe right now he really wants to apply a long term plan and he believes Carlo Ancelotti isn't the right man to bring us stability... If that so, then he has made the right choice.

And before say we don't think about "long term" and "stability", I believe we should wait and see who is the coach appointed, and what kind of players are bought. Afterward, we will be able to say "damn, Roman is still desesperate to win the Champions League" or "Cool, it seems we have a real lon-term plan".

I want to know why was fired. If it's because we didn't win anything this season, it's a stupid decision.

If it's because Roman doesn't think he fits the club's future plans, fair enough. But he better stick with the new manager then.

Yep, I'm also curious to know the reason(s). I hope it is because he (Abramovitch) doesn't think Ancelotti is a long-term manager.

emo3.gif

This guy it the wisest one in this forum, his Jimi Hendrix avatar just reinforces it!!!

Ahah, thanks ^^

I cant believe how everyone is so upset with Roman Abramovich over this...I for one im thrilled that we have such a generous owner who does not tolerate failure. I see loads of comments from Arsenal fans on various sites saying how disgusting this is and how can Chelsea ever expect to do well if they keep changing managers, well they have stuck with theirs and its worked out wonderfully for them in recent years!

The bottom line is that this season is just not good enough by Chelsea standards, and I hope we never drop those standards!

I wonder if Ancelotti knew before today's game? The players? I don't mean they knew from guessing/signs but that they were told the decision before the game?

In any case, nothing will change unless a few of the players follow Carlo out. This generation of players are done and it's time to regenerate. Perhaps one of the factors in letting Carlo go was because of his insistence big changes weren't necessary. If the board and owner disagree with the manager on this fundamental point, I can't see how the manager can stay on.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

You just don't get it. This is not about Roman, this is not about Carlo........This is about Chelsea FC.

Carlo deserves a hell of a lot of respect from the fans for what he managed to do not only this season, but the season before. This was imo a bigger achievement than winning the double considering the amount of constrictions that were forced upon him. He inherited a very good squad in his double winning season, so to have a good chunk of that squad ripped away from him and then attempt to bring...sorry....force youngsters through to plug the gaps and still manage to finish second and come within touching distance of another title. I think that deserves more than a kick up the hole and a get the fuck out.

He had the experience and ability to be Chelsea manager for many years and create a legacy at the club. If we continue to panic and get shafted of anyone who doesn't win the CL within Romans desired expiry date, then we'll continue to be fans who've been cheated out of long term success. dont get me wrong, I'm greatful for Romans impact on the club, but he seriously needs to sit down and rethink his actions if he wants Chelsea to be a real force in World Football.

We deserve better......

probably the best post of the day. By now Roman should have a much better idea on how to build a successful club for the long term ..

Perhaps that's not his aim ,,,Win the CL ..mission accomplished and move on . I'm starting to become envious of Liverpool ...not for their team

or their manager but their owners

We had the right manager,maybe not the right ego but he knew what what,did the job,motivated the players,won trophies and he got treated like shite and its been downhill from then with keeping managers...3 and a half seasons..record doubt anyone will beat anytime soon

I wouldn't say "never think", but "never thought". I mean, it seems to be clear that Roman wants to bring stability to Chelsea, his investments in the academy just prove that. So maybe right now he really wants to apply a long term plan and he believes Carlo Ancelotti isn't the right man to bring us stability... If that so, then he has made the right choice.

And before say we don't think about "long term" and "stability", I believe we should wait and see who is the coach appointed, and what kind of players are bought. Afterward, we will be able to say "damn, Roman is still desesperate to win the Champions League" or "Cool, it seems we have a real lon-term plan".

Good points made here!

I don't think anyone will deny that Roman's trying to think long term. But in doing so he's making mistakes, a lot of them. The biggest mistake for this season was the failure to recognised squad depth last season. We thought the youth could replace the departed & injured, but the opposite was true instead. If he has learnt from this, then that's fine.

Like I say, no-one will deny Roman's commitment to the club, but a plan needs to be drawn out! One plan which will include, not firing after 1 trophyless season.

When the dust settles this could be a very big turning point for CFC.

The board say that they want to look at the long term vision for the club, well, first things first, how many players do we have over the age of 30 now??

I can see a lot of changes over the summer now, depending on who the manager is, and what views he has with regards to the first team playing squad.

Alright people, chin up.

The club sacked the manager, but it's not the end of the world. I admit that I was not Carlo Ancelotti's number 1 fan, but I did support him all the time. We are all thankful to him for the double last year and the good memories, but this season has been a real disaster for Chelsea Football Club. Therefore, nobody in Earth, nor Carlo himself would be able to guarantee Abramovich and the board that next season would be different. After the huge disappointment and the pressure on him this season, failing next season as well would be highly likely.

Ancelotti himself says that it is difficult to regain confidence and form once you lose it, but that's a coach's job, isn't it?

We should be looking at the positives. Carlo left now, and the majority of the fans have great respect for him and love the man. Had he stayed for one more season, and without spending on big names in the summer as he was constantly claiming, it would be highly likely that we would fail once again. Then, Carlo and Avram Grant would be no different to Chelsea fans. He won us the double last year, let it stay in our memories forever. The fans want a new era at Stamford Bridge, and a new coach is the key. Therefore, I think that the club did the right thing.

Keep the faith. Hopefully Champions of England and Europe next season. :D

I cant believe how everyone is so upset with Roman Abramovich over this...I for one im thrilled that we have such a generous owner who does not tolerate failure. I see loads of comments from Arsenal fans on various sites saying how disgusting this is and how can Chelsea ever expect to do well if they keep changing managers, well they have stuck with theirs and its worked out wonderfully for them in recent years!

The bottom line is that this season is just not good enough by Chelsea standards, and I hope we never drop those standards!

Absolutely spot on. I couldn't have said it better.