Official - Carlo sacked

Styles

Should Ancelotti be replaced in the summer?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ancelotti be sacked?

• Yes, he should go
    • No, he should stay

It's disgusting the way that the club I've been supporting for as long as I can remember is being treated like a toy. No wonder other fans hate us so much.

No ones gana wana come eventully....Jose got the flick in what 2007...going into the next season we'd had 5 managers since...had more managers then sodding trophies in that space

Exactly! We've become a joke to other fans really 'chelsea merry go round and all' and its true!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rather be like Madrid than like Everton. Stability is not the main goal in football, the main goal in football is win, trophy and glory. Yes, I'm a glory hunter, and all great players and managers in the world are glory hunters.

Being like Madrid is a sh*t model.

Stability is the key to ensuring long-term success. Wouldn't you rather have a management administration that can deliver 36 trophies in 25 years than what we do now? One bad season doesn't define a manager. I'm sorry but that's the underlying theme at this club. The fact our management thinks a world-class manager can deliver back-to-back titles. This is a myth.

What I want to see now is a young, hungry manager, that can choose his OWN assistant, back room staff, formation, summer signings and which players he wants to get rid of, TOTAL control of first team affairs...

I wont hold my breathe..........

Absolutely disappointed. Carlo is a great coach and we have fucking shot ourselves in the leg again. The next manager must be suicidal if he were to join us. Henrique and co might be happy and thinking their next big masterplan but in the end of the day, they will be the same guys who will be demanding managers to be sacked after one trophiless season and will hide behind '' i dont see long term vision in his play''. Hopefully new manager will be given funds to buy his own players not operate as Roman's muppet.

Sad days at Stamford Bridge...

You are damn right we are :delight: How many pathetic and soulless performances have we had to endure this season.

AM get me a manager with proven leadership,motivational and tactical skills please. Villa boas, Guus hiddink, jurgen klopp,David Moyes, O'neill, as my preferred choice.

I suppose this forum will lose a lot of members now. There's alot of Carlo FC supporters on here,I'll say bye to you all and good luck supporting Roma,West ham or wherever Carlo ends up.

Indeed. I respect Carlo and what he have achieved for us.

But his peform in this season wasnt respectful with the club. Chelsea is not supposed to help people, and be gentle with Carlo and say "ok, I'll give you another season because you deserve respect, and because we are supposed to act like a "class club"chai.gif"

The official statement was a class one. It recognizes what he did for Chelsea, but it also recognizes that his no long compatible with "long-term football objectives and ambitions".

I accept people saying it was the wrong move because it won be good for Chelseas ambitions and objectives, but I can't stand people saying it was wrong because a "class club" is not supposed to sack a manager, or that Carlo was a great man and because of it he deserved one more season. Scolari is also a great man, won a WC, he deserved respect, and he was sacked after 7 months.

I rather be like Madrid than like Everton. Stability is not the main goal in football, the main goal in football is win, trophy and glory. Yes, I'm a glory hunter, and all great players and managers in the world are glory hunters.

The difference between them and you is that they are successful, you just try to seem intelligent but fail at it

It's disgusting the way that the club I've been supporting for as long as I can remember is being treated like a toy. No wonder other fans hate us so much.

Agree, but hey what we gonna do?.

What I want to see now is a young, hungry manager, that can choose his OWN assistant, back room staff, formation, summer signings and which players he wants to get rid of, TOTAL control of first team affairs...

I wont hold my breathe..........

Exactly1 Ray treated like crap...

In my opinion, the most important part of the club statement is :

Chelsea's long-term football objectives and ambitions remain unchanged and we will now be concentrating all our efforts on identifying a new manager.

To my mind, Ancelotti has never been hired to be a long term manager, but to be a short term manager to bring us european glory, ie the Champions League. So, if he's been sacked because Roman doesn't see in him a long term manager, that's understandable (though I'm not in Roman's head).

Disgraceful. Carlo won the double in his first season, but it took Ferguson three years to win his first trophy with United (and that was the FA Cup). The players let Carlo down, not the other way round. You can't keep sacking managers like this just because we aren't constantly winning. It's not right, and puts future managers off. Ever heard of keeping the faith? He got us out of that horrid spell this season and getting a new man every year doesn't help morale. We need to change most of the team, not coaching staff.

Jose or Guus now, please. Villa-Boas or Pep will do.

To my mind, Ancelotti has never been hired to be a long term manager, but to be a short term manager to bring us european glory, ie the Champions League. So, if he's been sacked because Roman doesn't see in him a long term manager, that's understandable (though I'm not in Roman's head).

I think you're probably right. Basically, the board never think long-term till Chelsea are crowned European Champions.

It's going to be a bumpy ride in the next few years..

Being like Madrid is a sh*t model.

Stability is the key to ensuring long-term success. Wouldn't you rather have a management administration that can deliver 36 trophies in 25 years than what we do now? One bad season doesn't define a manager. I'm sorry but that's the underlying theme at this club. The fact our management thinks a world-class manager can deliver back-to-back titles. This is a myth.

All the clubs in the world are looking for stability, but sometimes you get a manager and discover he is not the right man for a "long term" job. It was the problem with Carlo, he wasn't the right man for Chelsea's long-term success.

A manager who play Paulo Ferreira as a CB instead a player from the academy in a game against a relegation club is not the right one for a "long term success".

Why would Pep leave Barcelona?

Jose or Guss depends on if they even want to the job again. (god, imagine if Jose came back lol).

Villas-Boas would be a great appointment, perhaps with Franco in a coaching or assistant role??

I want to know why was fired. If it's because we didn't win anything this season, it's a stupid decision. This squad isn't good enough to win things. He should've been allowed to stay for one more season with a number 2 and new players (players who fit the club's philosofy not his).

If it's because Roman doesn't think he fits the club's future plans, fair enough. But he better stick with the new manager then.

All the clubs in the world are looking for stability, but sometimes you get a manager and discover he is not the right man for a "long term" job. It was the problem with Carlo, he wasn't the right man for Chelsea's long-term success.

A manager who play Paulo Ferreira as a CB instead a player from the academy in a game against a relegation club is not the right one for a "long term success".

The problem is.. We keep thinking we've found these "long-term" managers and then end up firing them.

Mourinho, Scolari, Ancelotti..

How many more will we go through?