Official - Carlo sacked

Styles

Should Ancelotti be replaced in the summer?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ancelotti be sacked?

• Yes, he should go
    • No, he should stay

A dignified man who was not given the time - or support - he should have been entitled to. A true gentleman and a great, great person. Carlo will always be dear to me for the last two seasons - I wish him all the best in the future, as well as the thorough backing of the players and the board; two things that undermined him in this second season.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched today's game on a portuguese channel : SPORTV and the commentator was always saying that this is the last game for Ancelotti. So I believe people knew it before the game.

everybody knew, but some people were reluctant do accept the facts.

Hiring Ancelotti was the biggest mistake.

You're exaggerating it, don't you think? With Carlo in charge, we won the league title after 4 years, and the first ever domestic double. Think a bit more before pressing the Post button.

The thing is. That long-term stability won't come with a manager.

It will come with other decisions.

I agree with LDN, RM is porly run. Other clubs have better philosophy, but that doesn't come overnight, or in 8 years.

You need more time, more tradition for the club to run itself.

Hiring Ancelotti was the biggest mistake.

Exactly, i sure Roman didnt know u were available before he signed Carlo.

Taking the club into history book and we still have ppl say he was the biggest mistake!

One thing for sure, Roman or his so CALLED advisors doesnt want to create a legacy here. Only success and nothing else.

Just a thought, what happens after we win the Champions League next year. Sell off the club?

Gonna watch MOTD, then I think I might pop on our DOUBLE SEASON dvd and remember the good times with Carlo.

Tomorrow morning we can all look onwards and upwards, CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB is whats important, lets remember that.

KTBFFH

You're exaggerating it, don't you think? With Carlo in charge, we won the league title after 4 years, and the first ever domestic double. Think a bit more before pressing the Post button.

No. Since the first moment when I read he was our next manager I wasnt happy. I used to watch italian football and despite his CL glory I never saw him as a great coach, or the right manager for our current moment, when we need a manager who know how to introduce new players and to work in a transition period.

He won the double, he deserve respect for that, but he is not the right man.

Nothing but respect for Carlo, he doesn't deserve to be working for the fucking idiots at the Chelsea board.

Thanks for everything, and all I have to say is good fucking luck to the next manager...

No. Since the first moment when I read he was our next manager I want happy. I used to watch italian football and despite his CL glory I never saw him as a great coach, or the right manager for our current moment, when we need a manager who know how to introduce new players and to work in a transition period.

He won the double, he deserve respect for that, but he is not the right man.

Well, he certainly is not the right man now, hence he got the sack. But saying that hiring him in 2009 was the biggest mistake does not sound right to me. He added two major trophies in the club's history in his first season, and we had a fantastic season last year.

He's achieved one of the two major trophies he was aiming for, the league. Yes he did fail in Europe, but it has taken Sir Alex Ferguson 25 years to win 2 Champions League titles. Abramovich isn't that patient.

The thing is. That long-term stability won't come with a manager.

It will come with other decisions.

I agree with LDN, RM is porly run. Other clubs have better philosophy, but that doesn't come overnight, or in 8 years.

You need more time, more tradition for the club to run itself.

This is was actually a good post. I don't think that right now Chelsea is in crisis or we are in some kind of "instability".

Will Carlo fan boys stop blowing hot air for the sake of global warming. your hero has been fired, get over it

What a stupid thing to say. You make it sound as if he has been sacked for months. Of course people are going to be upset about it, as am I and we all have our reason to be.

Carlo-Ancelotti-006.jpg

I cant believe how everyone is so upset with Roman Abramovich over this...I for one im thrilled that we have such a generous owner who does not tolerate failure. I see loads of comments from Arsenal fans on various sites saying how disgusting this is and how can Chelsea ever expect to do well if they keep changing managers, well they have stuck with theirs and its worked out wonderfully for them in recent years!

The bottom line is that this season is just not good enough by Chelsea standards, and I hope we never drop those standards!

Whats wrong with failure?. The next manager to coach Chelsea he knows from day one what this club wants, short terms sucess. I just dont get how second place isnt enough for some seasons?. Your gonna fire

how many coaches then in the future?. Abramovich dont know much about football, so those who advices him is the key, unless they are on the same knowlegde level?. You mention Arsenal, well

how about name Man U at the same level if your talking sucess and failure and long term stability.