Official - Carlo sacked

Styles

Should Ancelotti be replaced in the summer?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ancelotti be sacked?

• Yes, he should go
    • No, he should stay

Thanks Carlo but he needed to go, he is a great guy and won us the double. But our performances recently have been so weak its embaressing.

Hopefully the new manager will bring out the best in torres blue%20scalf.gif

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, the most important part of the club statement is :

To my mind, Ancelotti has never been hired to be a long term manager, but to be a short term manager to bring us european glory, ie the Champions League. So, if he's been sacked because Roman doesn't see in him a long term manager, that's understandable (though I'm not in Roman's head).

emo3.gif

This guy it the wisest one in this forum, his Jimi Hendrix avatar just reinforces it!!!

I bet you arsenal has great stability but have been trophyless for the past 6 seasons.

guys how many new players do you reckon we need to add to the squad in the summer. my personal choices are Alexis sanchez, Lukaku, Morales, Mata and vdw

I think you're probably right. Basically, the board never think long-term till Chelsea are crowned European Champions.

It's going to be a bumpy ride in the next few years..

Spot on,mate.

Seems like Sir Red Nose was right about CL pressure.Our next manager mustn't be the CL man.Time for stability,even if it isn't Carlo.thumbsup.gif

If Ancelotti went, then a lot of the old core must go also, otherwise they will dictate and be moody sulkers on the pitch expecting not to get punished. But thats the way it is here, if players underperform, manager gets sacked and the same players keep on spitting on the club, the fans, everything.

Well, there you go. That's what I thought would happen. This has probably been known since Old Trafford; I'm not surprised at all.

We are running into a problem, though. How many "world-class" managers can you run through before there aren't any left? I fear that we will soon be hiring 'Arry Redknapp or Gerard Houllier...

No ones gana wana come eventully....Jose got the flick in what 2007...going into the next season we'd had 5 managers since...had more managers then sodding trophies in that space

Exactly! We've become a joke to other fans really 'chelsea merry go round and all' and its true!

But what is the alternative?. Do you wanna have a club fighting for survival every season and have no name players with no future and only dream about Champions League?.

My points is that Abramovich intentions has been clear since day one, he will buy succes til he succeeded, at all coasts!.

The problem is.. We keep thinking we've found these "long-term" managers and then end up firing them.

Mourinho, Scolari, Ancelotti..

How many more will we go through?

I remember when Carlo joined, he was hailed as the long term manager we had been waiting for.

So much for that.

It's disgusting the way that the club I've been supporting for as long as I can remember is being treated like a toy. No wonder other fans hate us so much.

and now they can mock us again as the club without class

The odds:

Andre Villas-Boas 2/1

Jose Mourinho 7/2

Guus Hiddink 7/2

Harry Redknapp 4/1

Pep Guardiola 7/1

Marco van Basten 10/1

Didier Deschamps 12/1

Frank Rijkaard 14/1

Rafa Benitez 16/1

Martin O'Neill 16/1

Sven-Goran Erikkson 33/1

I remember when Carlo joined, he was hailed as the long term manager we had been waiting for.

So much for that.

Yeah, and most will do the very same upon the appointment of the next manager.. Sad state of affairs that we now have to wait a minimum 2 seasons to make a claim like that now.

I suppose this forum will lose a lot of members now. There's alot of Carlo FC supporters on here,I'll say bye to you all and good luck supporting Roma,West ham or wherever Carlo ends up.

IQ48?

But what is the alternative?. Do you wanna have a club fighting for survival every season and have no name players with no future and only dream about Champions League?.

My points is that Abramovich intentions has been clear since day one, he will buy succes til he succeeded, at all coasts!.

I want to see stablity basically,knowing come the end of the season if a Manager hasnt got 1st place of whatever then they'll get to stay on.No get the sack and be on the look out for another one.Wont feel confident with who we get cause you know we wont be seeing them for longer then least 2 seasons. Heck Jose was succesful,won something every year and even he got the sack so not much hope for anyone really.

I suppose this forum will lose a lot of members now. There's alot of Carlo FC supporters on here,I'll say bye to you all and good luck supporting Roma,West ham or wherever Carlo ends up.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

You just don't get it. This is not about Roman, this is not about Carlo........This is about Chelsea FC.

Carlo deserves a hell of a lot of respect from the fans for what he managed to do not only this season, but the season before. This was imo a bigger achievement than winning the double considering the amount of constrictions that were forced upon him. He inherited a very good squad in his double winning season, so to have a good chunk of that squad ripped away from him and then attempt to bring...sorry....force youngsters through to plug the gaps and still manage to finish second and come within touching distance of another title. I think that deserves more than a kick up the hole and a get the fuck out.

He had the experience and ability to be Chelsea manager for many years and create a legacy at the club. If we continue to panic and get shafted of anyone who doesn't win the CL within Romans desired expiry date, then we'll continue to be fans who've been cheated out of long term success. dont get me wrong, I'm greatful for Romans impact on the club, but he seriously needs to sit down and rethink his actions if he wants Chelsea to be a real force in World Football.

We deserve better......

How can we win the double then have the board want stability by selling the sub bench that was key to that success and bring no one in and expect Ancelotti to do better? This is disgraceful, Man Utd didn't do it when Ferguson won nothing a few years back and we shouldn't have as if we invested in the squad like we are rumoured to Carlo could have done the same as he did last season and I am sure whoever we bring in won't be used to the English game or not of as high calibre as Carlo.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

You just don't get it. This is not about Roman, this is not about Carlo........This is about Chelsea FC.

Carlo deserves a hell of a lot of respect from the fans for what he managed to do not only this season, but the season before. This was imo a bigger achievement than winning the double considering the amount of constrictions that were forced upon him. He inherited a very good squad in his double winning season, so to have a good chunk of that squad ripped away from him and then attempt to bring...sorry....force youngsters through to plug the gaps and still manage to finish second and come within touching distance of another title. I think that deserves more than a kick up the hole and a get the fuck out.

He had the experience and ability to be Chelsea manager for many years and create a legacy at the club. If we continue to panic and get shafted of anyone who doesn't win the CL within Romans desired expiry date, then we'll continue to be fans who've been cheated out of long term success. dont get me wrong, I'm greatful for Romans impact on the club, but he seriously needs to sit down and rethink his actions if he wants Chelsea to be a real force in World Football.

We deserve better......

^

Spot on.