Luka Modric

DavidEU

Out of all the midfielders we could bring in, Modric would be the best to have I reckon. He's still got a few years at the top level.

I don't follow Madrid though, how has his fitness been? He been playing good for them?

Out of all the midfielders we could bring in, Modric would be the best to have I reckon. He's still got a few years at the top level.

I don't follow Madrid though, how has his fitness been? He been playing good for them?

He has been playing good. But, I think he hasn't played a lot.

Really don't think he is or can be a world beater. He lacks a physical presence, which makes him sit deeper than he should. He ends up scoring very few goals.

He has been improving though--his last season at Spurs and the few games I watched him he looked better. Still, just don't see him providing any kind of midfield dominance, esp in a two-player pivot.

Really don't think he is or can be a world beater. He lacks a physical presence, which makes him sit deeper than he should. He ends up scoring very few goals.

He has been improving though--his last season at Spurs and the few games I watched him he looked better. Still, just don't see him providing any kind of midfield dominance, esp in a two-player pivot.

Can not disagree more...

Goals is something i am not too worried about. We should have a world class striker of some sort. Hazard Mata, Lampard. Bags of goals from all over. He isn't the most physical, yes, but he is a great passer of the ball. He is no Yaya Toure, but he is a completely different type of player. Compared to what we have right now, Luka is a great option to have.

Hey Rob - think you might be misunderstanding Modric role slightly? He's not there to score goals - he's more of a deep lying play maker, the guy that transitions from defence to attack (think Luiz without the crazy long balls) ...

Yes he doesn't score many, but when he does usually important goals (see against Utd) - and he's a tenacious little tackler in midfield. I don't think his style of play suits La Liga he's more adapted to EPL and Bundeslega IMHO.

In essence think of Mikel as a FIAT and Modric as an Aston Martin - no comparison ;)

Seriously I'd love to see him in blue :)

I think the club would be more likely to get Modric just because of our past connections with him season ago.

I would be happy would either,, but i think modric would be best pickup. He'd really help that pivot 10 fold. Nd i know people complain about the lack of physicality but is there really any other DLP that offers the passing AND strength that is available?

I struggle to really think of one. Joao Moutinho was an option but also he was on the short side. Soooo i dont see how we could go wrong with Modric.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You