Luka Modric

DavidEU

Who would he play along side? He'd need to play along side a proper DM, meaning Mikel or Romeu right?

Possibly. We've got Rami, Romeu, Chalobah and Ake for that role at the moment and we've been linked with Khedira.

I've said it previously but this guy makes us proper title contenders simply because he knits the defence and attack together and makes us a proper team, rather than a shaky defence relying on a bit of magic from the front four. He provides stability and composure and keeps the team ticking over.

Spurs losing him was like Liverpool losing Alonso - yes they still had moments of magic from Bale/Gerrard but they were a much worse TEAM and teams win league titles.

Modric would shine in a midfield 3. Don't think he can pull off the leg-work (tracking back, cutting out angles, tackling, intercept) needed to operate in a 2-man pivot

He'll be playing CB. He's only been playing DM because lack of options. It's nice he can play as a DM but CB is where he should stay.

Nah he should be our DM. He is very good as a CB too but i think he can do great things as a DM.

Good lord, Modric - Van Ginkel would be an amazing pairing. Neither of them are anchors in midfield, but the amount they'll bring to the attack despite not being actual attacking players should mean that in theory we retain the ball well enough meaning we rarely defend have to defend counter-attacks.

Modric has one of the highest interceptions made in La Liga this season believe it or not and his agility means he can quickly get back and try to win the ball if it's lost. I think his tackling and recovering is underrated.

Van Ginkel is one of the smartest footballers around when it comes to positioning and I'm sure he'd cover perfectly well for Modric if he was to stray forward at times.

Juventus don't play with defensive midfielders, Man United never do nor really have, nor Arsenal; and it's no coincidence that those 3 teams play highly attractive and winning (aside from Arsenal cos they're shit) football.

The more you think about it the more you realise 4-3-3 is not for us.

Yeah. And Juan Mata - unarguably our best player works best as a CAM, so 4-2-3-1 is here to stay.

He wanted to come to us but Tottenham would rather he go to Madrid for lesser money. What good did it do for them ? Perennial 5th to 6th place is their destiny.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You