Luka Modric

DavidEU

Bad logic being used by you here with all due respect.

Apparently you havent really payed attention to Di Maria. La Liga is an "easy" place to score and assist in, dont let the numbers fool you, when circumstances are such that you look like an idiot against teams like manchester united, or bayern munich, or borussia dortmund where you dont know where to pass a ball, dont know how to pass it to begin with and are only a handicap and a flop..Well then..

Its the big games that really define players and di maria has flopped in nearly all of them, dont let the assist to ronaldo in the copa del rey fool you for example lol, the rest of the match he misplaced balls, feel too easily and was not world class in any way.

You said he offers unbelievable work rate and that you "need" that, like i said if your manager really thinks you need di maria they could get him as a bench player for less than 15 million and that would be acceptable but i doubt he wants to bench and i really doubt madrid will sell for less than 25 which at that point youd have to be disabled to buy him.

You blame other players too defend di maria in such a way? It could be logical to do so but not in this case as you are trying too hard to put a blind eye to his problems. He was NOT CONSISTENT at all and never has been except for about the first half of his first year in madrid but it all went down after wards specially when facing real opposition.

He's a diver.

He's expensive.

He has HORRIBLE passing.

Only good thing he has is work rate is final ball and work rate which is not enough for 25 million plus + Specially when you dont even need him.

He is inconsistent, has never had a great game against a great team, sucked more than anyone else in our attack this year really, and he just fails in too many areas.

And an argument such as "he plays for argentina" is very faulty. Look at arbeloa starting for madrid, and hes garbage! and for spain...

Sometimes its down to manager perferences but when you dissect di maria, he is not impressive at all. Hes never been great, dont know what matches uve been seeing with all due respect. Sprouting out " hes been playing at a high level for x years" only goes so far...As it is false.

You think i rate ozil high because he can do well against pathetico madrid? The guy is sht at defending and that is why guys like gotze are getting rated over him by mostly everyone. You have to learn to dissect players, di maria in a package is a disgrace if what you want is a good deal thats world class and lives up to the hype.

Youtube can really distort minds if not careful.

I agree Di Maria has been poor this season!

I was on here last summer saying we should sign Di Maria and not Hulk and people were telling me Di Maria is crap and Hulk is much better but now that Di Maria is available people want him now! even after he has had a poor season at Madrid!

I would prefer KdB/Schurrle tbh.

I agree Di Maria has been poor this season!

I was on here last summer saying we should sign Di Maria and not Hulk and people were telling me Di Maria is crap and Hulk is much better but now that Di Maria is available people want him now! even after he has had a poor season at Madrid!

I would prefer KdB/Schurrle tbh.

Well i havent see either of those two play but believe me, di maria is not the solution for chelsea. He is too expensive and too bad.

Di maria sounds more and more like another version of Kalou....

But hey Mourinho brought him here along with Mikel, which when Mourinho got him he said he had found gold...

So I agree that Mourinho can make bad purchase as well good.

But so did saf.

If he can bring out the best from mediocre players like saf did with his squad, then all good.

Di maria sounds more and more like another version of Kalou....

But hey Mourinho brought him here along with Mikel, which when Mourinho got him he said he had found gold...

So I agree that Mourinho can make bad purchase as well good.

But so did saf.

If he can bring out the best from mediocre players like saf did with his squad, then all good.

Yes, exactly! All managers are guilty of making bad transfers from time to time.

its not an oxymoron,m his dribbling and passing and overall game is predictable and he is also inconsistent in that he cant really play well and keep it up.

Toli im too tired to write a full response but also i dont have to as i already wrote what i needed to write. Di Maria is not worth 25 million. Maybe the youtube videos of his skills, and those stats have you confused but when it comes to what he is as a player, he could be a good purchase for you if he was below 15 million but he definatley is not.

He has been very bad really, never amazing, he is for sale specially now that bale is apparently coming. He was a mourinho boy, never liked by the rm community much and with good reason. I dont want to sound spoiled but if you read everything i posted only thing i can say is that i stand by it.

I think someone asked why get silva when we have ozil, well di maria was preffered over silva even before we got ozil, silva is a better player overall and could have been used in another system of play but mourinho went the way he went.

its not an oxymoron,m his dribbling and passing and overall game is predictable and he is also inconsistent in that he cant really play well and keep it up.

Toli im too tired to write a full response but also i dont have to as i already wrote what i needed to write. Di Maria is not worth 25 million. Maybe the youtube videos of his skills, and those stats have you confused but when it comes to what he is as a player, he could be a good purchase for you if he was below 15 million but he definatley is not.

He has been very bad really, never amazing, he is for sale specially now that bale is apparently coming. He was a mourinho boy, never liked by the rm community much and with good reason. I dont want to sound spoiled but if you read everything i posted only thing i can say is that i stand by it.

I think someone asked why get silva when we have ozil, well di maria was preffered over silva even before we got ozil, silva is a better player overall and could have been used in another system of play but mourinho went the way he went.

Actually it is - you either have to say predictably inconsistent - or just inconsistent :)

Anyway, you have your opinion and others have theirs - so all good...

Silva isn't that great - not done much this year - overrated :) not like Mata who keeps getting better and better ;)

No you are confusing the contexts.

Im saying his game is predictable and his level of play is inconsistent in that he does poorly. Better put hes consistently awful.

These are not contradictory terms if understood under the right context.

Only relevant thing di maria has on silva is his work ethic.

• 10 months later...

It's apparent that Mourinho wishes to trade Oscar for Luka Modric according to this article! Most likely to be bullshit though due to the fact that it's coming from the Mirror!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-want-swap-oscar-real-3424832

Modric would be the perfect player that Chelsea is missing and replace OScar IMO in both 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1.

However, he is nearing 30 and Madrid already have Isco so I don't know what they would gain with Oscar.

• 1 month later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You