Luka Modric

DavidEU

If I was Real Madrid's president, you know what I'd do? Sell Modric AND Kaka, sign Benat for around £15m to rotate with and eventually take over from Xabi Alonso and sign someone as back-up to Ozil - Isco probably.

Both are 2 top Spanish talents. The wage bill would be less, the fees would be decent, so yeah.

As well as Modric played last night, as Strike pointed out he isn't actually the greatest defensively. He may try and hassle his opponent to win the ball but hes not actually that good at 'winning' it. Its one thing to hassle an opponent and another thing to win it back. We need an Alonso like player to play next to Mikel. Great at dictating the tempo and good at winning the ball as well. I'd actually quite like Marco Verratti or Joao Moutinho, both are good at winning the ball and dictating play, spreading play etc like Alonso. Modric is certainly able to create but hes not as good as Alonso defensively which is why Jose starts him as a number 10 rather than as a number 6 imo.

The problem was not wages, Kaka was willing to take a huge paycut. The problem was that Milan didnt reach the asking price for Kaka (as it didnt with Tevez). It has fuck all to do with what you said...

EDIT: This is not Kaka's thread though, the discussion is whether Modric will be sold for less than 33mi or not.

This is what Galliani said in January:

"The negotiation isn't easy due to Kaka's wage. No one in Italy can pay a 5m salary," he explained to reporters.

"He must make sacrifices to come back to Milan."

He didn't want to accept less money to play elsewhere. You really think players are going to give up millions and their financial security? Ask Malouda.

The problem is salary and nothing else. Madrid would save themselves money if they gave him away for FREE because they wouldn't have to pay the remainder of his contract. I guarantee you Chelsea would let Torres walk for free tomorrow if somebody was stupid enough to pay him 185k p/w for the next 3 years.

This is what Galliani said in January:

He didn't want to accept less money to play elsewhere. You really think players are going to give up millions and their financial security? Ask Malouda.

The problem is salary and nothing else. Madrid would save themselves money if they gave him away for FREE because they wouldn't have to pay the remainder of his contract. I guarantee you Chelsea would let Torres walk for free tomorrow if somebody was stupid enough to pay him 185k p/w for the next 3 years.

He was the same guy who said there was no way of Balotelli comming to Milan, LOOOOOOOL.

EDIT: Again, this isnt Kaka's thread.

He was the same guy who said there was no way of Balotelli comming to Milan, LOOOOOOOL.

EDIT: Again, this isnt Kaka's thread.

Wasn't that Berlusconi? And who cares if this isn't a Kaka thread? It's relevant to the discussion.

If you think players are going to give up millions of pounds then you are very gullible.

Wasn't that Berlusconi? And who cares if this isn't a Kaka thread? It's relevant to the discussion.

If you think players are going to give up millions of pounds then you are very gullible.

No, it was Milan's vice-president who said it...

What? When did the wage thing became a discussion? All I said is that Kaka was indeed willing to take a huge paycut to go back to Milan and Milan only. I have no idea where you became so thirsty to discuss about Kaka's wage, I simply dont give a flying fuck about it because I am here to talk about Modric. This is exactly why we have specific topics...

No, it was Milan's vice-president who said it...

What? When did the wage thing became a discussion? All I said is that Kaka was indeed willing to take a huge paycut to go back to Milan and Milan only. I have no idea where you became so thirsty to discuss about Kaka's wage, I simply dont give a flying fuck about it because I am here to talk about Modric. This is exactly why we have specific topics...

No you gave out the wrong information with regards to Kaka's failed transfer. Stop being so defensive you big baby.

No you gave out the wrong information with regards to Kaka's failed transfer. Stop being so defensive you big baby.

Hahahaha, I didnt gave any wrong information.

I just took you completely out of control, LOOOOOOOOL.

Hahahaha, I didnt gave any wrong information.

I just took you completely out of control, LOOOOOOOOL.

Errr, yes you did:

The problem was not wages, Kaka was willing to take a huge paycut. The problem was that Milan didnt reach the asking price for Kaka (as it didnt with Tevez). It has fuck all to do with what you said...

EDIT: This is not Kaka's thread though, the discussion is whether Modric will be sold for less than 33mi or not.

Galliani "The negotiation isn't easy due to Kaka's wage. No one in Italy can pay a 5m salary," he explained to reporters.

"He must make sacrifices to come back to Milan."

:clown:

Errr, yes you did:

:clown:

He was talking bullshit dude. Milan couldnt afford Madrid's price and with the selling of Ibra and Thiago Silva (and 40% season ticket return), do you think he would just go public and say it was all his (and the club's) fault? Kaka said the only team he would accept a paycut would be Milan. The problem was indeed the price tag and dont try to deny it.

Very naive of you...

He was talking bullshit dude. Milan couldnt afford Madrid's price and with the selling of Ibra and Thiago Silva (and 40% season ticket return), do you think he would just go public and say it was all his (and the club's) fault? Kaka said the only team he would accept a paycut would be Milan. The problem was indeed the price tag and dont try to deny it.

Very naive of you...

Right, I'm the naive one who thinks players will give up millions of pounds. :rolleyes:

I dare you to find a quote where Kaka says he will take a paycut to join Milan. I won't hold my breath.

Right, I'm the naive one who thinks players will give up millions of pounds. :rolleyes:

I dare you to find a quote where Kaka says he will take a paycut to join Milan. I won't hold my breath.

Do you speak other language than English or are you limited by it?

I believe much more in Kaka's word than a board member in the middle of a crisis that is Milan today (or was in the summer)!

Why have you found an obscure Brazilian link that uses Portuguese so advanced that Google translator will shit itself?

OOOH, do you want a newspaper quote? Thought you wanted him speaking spanish and saying it...

Well, give me one minute!

Don't fabricate one! :Goober:

http://esporte.uol.com.br/futebol/ultimas-noticias/2013/01/21/kaka-aceita-reduzir-salario-em-4-milhoes-de-euros-e-deve-trocar-real-pelo-milan-diz-jornal.htm

It is a very reliable source, you wont believe it. But I am being really honest, UOL is like Skysports...

http://esporte.uol.com.br/futebol/ultimas-noticias/2013/01/21/kaka-aceita-reduzir-salario-em-4-milhoes-de-euros-e-deve-trocar-real-pelo-milan-diz-jornal.htm

It is a very reliable source, you wont believe it. But I am being really honest, UOL is like Skysports...

I'm not trying to take the piss but there are no quotes there from Kaka.

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport,the Brazilian agreed to reduce his salary from 10 million to 5 million euros and its output should hit team from the Spanish capital, for which it has been playing regularly.

I don't believe that at all.

But forget it anyway, afterall this isn't a Kaka thread :D

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You