Luka Modric

DavidEU

If I could chose who Mourinho would bring with him from Real Madrid (realistically) it would be Modric by far. This guy just fits into what we're missing as a DLP. He would be the best signing we could make IMO.

Yeah, he would he would be such and effective player being able to distribute the ball whilst being able to track back, this needs serious consideration ! :D

lol!

Apparently he's Barca, Bayern, and City level though..

That's why he is playing for Roma.

I saw him at Lyon a lot of times, he can be world class two weeks, and amateur the next two weeks, he may be a better solution than Lamps in the pivot, but he isnt the type of player we need.

That's why he is playing for Roma.

I saw him at Lyon a lot of times, he can be world class two weeks, and amateur the next two weeks, he may be a better solution than Lamps in the pivot, but he isnt the type of player we need.

You mean the same Lyon that wouldn't give him a proper chance or an extended run, and instead fielded a overhyped Gourcuff who is two levels underneath him in talent and skill, that Lyon?

Get off it mate. Pjanic is magic. He changes the game. Just ask Roma fans. There's a reason that guy in your avatar is nuts for him and already sending people to sniff around at Roma.

You mean the same Lyon that wouldn't give him a proper chance or an extended run, and instead fielded a overhyped Gourcuff who is two levels underneath him in talent and skill, that Lyon?

Get off it mate. Pjanic is magic. He changes the game. Just ask Roma fans. There's a reason that guy in your avatar is nuts for him and already sending people to sniff around at Roma.

Claude Puel at that time was simply doing shit with him, I must concede that, however, I wasnt impressed with him when I watched him with Roma, but it was under the first crazy manager that was Zeman, I think he isnt made for the Premier League, he isnt good at defending, he rarely tackle, he has a good vision he has the abitlity to shoot from long range but I feel he could be much better, I feel, that he isnt ready, and wont supasses himself for the sake of the team, i deeply feel that he cant rise his game, that's why he isnt Chelsea level.And about Guardiola, if he can play a starter at Bayern next season, I will send you a personal message telling you that my view of him is totally wrong, until this time, we'll see what happens.

Claude Puel at that time was simply doing shit with him, I must concede that, however, I wasnt impressed with him when I watched him with Roma, but it was under the first crazy manager that was Zeman, I think he isnt made for the Premier League, he isnt good at defending, he rarely tackle, he has a good vision he has the abitlity to shoot from long range but I feel he could be much better, I feel, that he isnt ready, and wont supasses himself for the sake of the team, i deeply feel that he cant rise his game, that's why he isnt Chelsea level.And about Guardiola, if he can play a starter at Bayern next season, I will send you a personal message telling you that my view of him is totally wrong, until this time, we'll see what happens.

I disagree completely. Pjanic can't rise to the level? I dont know what you've been watching but the kid single handedly beats whole national teams by himself. He has lifted Bosnia alone again and again. As far as his defensive capabilities, of course that's not his strong suit, that's not what he's supposed to do. That's not his role on the team. He's not a defensive midfielder, he's a creative playmaker. 40 caps for his national team and he just turned 23.

Brilliant free-kicks, unbelievable passing and vision. That's exactly what Chelsea needs right now.

But I'm not gonna convince you, so lets just have it play out, and I'll tell you "I told you so" later on B)

I disagree completely. Pjanic can't rise to the level? I dont know what you've been watching but the kid single handedly beats whole national teams by himself. He has lifted Bosnia alone again and again. As far as his defensive capabilities, of course that's not his strong suit, that's not what he's supposed to do. That's not his role on the team. He's not a defensive midfielder, he's a creative playmaker. 40 caps for his national team and he just turned 23.

Brilliant free-kicks, unbelievable passing and vision. That's exactly what Chelsea needs right now.

But I'm not gonna convince you, so lets just have it play out, and I'll tell you "I told you so" later on B)

I hope you are right ^_^

With his national team he is brilliant, that's 100 % true, I remember he played against France, he was their best player, he also played against us, but I dont even want to talk about that game :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...

Have had the opportunity to watch a bunch of downloaded Real Madrid games lately, and I have tried to observe two so called Chelsea targets: Khedira and Modric. Neither imo would be a good addition to the squad.

First off Khedira creates the same problem as Ramires for us. I hardily see the advantage of bringing Khedira, because Ramires brings the same quality and imo he is better. Both players they are limited technically and cannot do much with the ball passing wise. For example one of the biggest reason Madrid struggles with their pivot is when teams mark Xabi Alonso, their attack becomes static and they don’t have to worry about Khedira because he cannot hurt them. On Wednesday it was the same strategy that allowed Dortmund to play Madrid off the park. Mourinho say saw this coming, because they have played numerous other times. That is why he played Modric in the number 10 role so he can drop deep and counter Dortmund strategy but the man was absolutely ineffective, and Ozil was deployed on the left instead of the middle. Modric has proven numerous times that he is not good enough defensively to play in the pivot, especially with Alonso in the pivot against top European midfields. Back to Khedira for now, him and Ramires both are B2B so they well leave you exposed defensively. So they are not excellent defensively or attacking wise. End of the day they unfortunately are average for top teams and will struggle against top midfields. But I remain to rate Ramires higher, because he is more dynamic and will cause more disruption against other teams.

Now more on Modric, I have never rated him as highly as others on this forum and believer years from now more will realize that we truly dodged a bullet by not signing him. I have not seen one quality performance by him in Madrid that justifies 40m or whatever. His best moment in Blanco shirt was his strike against United 10 men. But I also realize in a two man midfield and pivot he is simply not good enough defensively against top competition. Schweinsteiger, Alonso, gundogan, etc are not only great playmakers but they are also very good defensively. Gundogan not only bossed the midfield with his passing, but was absolutely superb defensively. Modric playmaking is not the level of those players either, he has extraordinary technique and passing but he simply doesn’t have the brain of those players to dictate a midfield. His passing doesn’t have the same purpose as those guys.

So for me I would be quite unhappy to see either player in a Chelsea shirt. Thankfully I don’t see either of them being here.

oh my god!!! this thread is still alive??? moutinho,witsel are better options for a similar price plus younger.

i think...

Anyway, he has been pretty poor vs Dortmund. He was hugely at fault for thei rlack of linkup between midfield and attack.

• 4 weeks later...

Rob beasley saying that the khedria rumours were inaccurate and its actually modders Jose wants. Would be more than happy. I know we wil hear the usual too small, too many small players etc but hes a good wee player with epl proven experience

He's great .

Who's this Rob guy ?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You