Luka Modric

DavidEU

attack-wise he'll help but defensively it leaves us exposed especially with Oscar Mata de Bruyne around

I think he can work with Mikel who is very disciplined defensively. After all Modric may not be the best defender but he decent defensively.

attack-wise he'll help but defensively it leaves us exposed especially with Oscar Mata de Bruyne around

I don't agree , He'll control and spread the ball which we are actually lacking . We'll have the ball more and might score more aswell

Which is why you play someone more defensive alongside him - ideally I'd like that to be Chalobah, but maybe in time it could be Ake as well. It's probably a position we'll look to the transfer market to fill though.

What Modric does is move the ball forward in an intelligent, measured manner. He links the defence with the attack and makes the whole team a lot more cohesive whereas at the moment they're disconnected which means we lack numbers in attack.

I don't agree , He'll control and spread the ball which we are actually lacking . We'll have the ball more and might score more aswell

not arguing attacking-wise....

Which is why you play someone more defensive alongside him - ideally I'd like that to be Chalobah, but maybe in time it could be Ake as well. It's probably a position we'll look to the transfer market to fill though.

What Modric does is move the ball forward in an intelligent, measured manner. He links the defence with the attack and makes the whole team a lot more cohesive whereas at the moment they're disconnected which means we lack numbers in attack.

my concern is that then we'll be unbalanced defensively. de Bruyne and Mata are already defensive liabilities. while modric is better at harrying around, his ballwinning ability isnt great.

agree that attackingwise he would improve the team massively

We could always stick another player in there if we need greater solidity, but I think with the right ball-winner like a Chalobah or Ake or even a Capoue then you'd have enough energy there to control the other team.

The best way to stop a team attacking is to not let them have the ball though.

Wouldn't mind someone like Capoue joining Chelsea. We need a DM who can put pressure/potentially replace Mikel whilst Chalobah is still learning..

He's more than just modern trickery tricky type AMs genuine midfielder with vision. He'll help us dictate the game because I'm afraid we lack a Xabi Alonso/Xavi/Pirlo type midfielder. Modric is a bit like them. Oscar will eventually get that role but it's too early.

my concern is that then we'll be unbalanced defensively. de Bruyne and Mata are already defensive liabilities. while modric is better at harrying around, his ballwinning ability isnt great.

agree that attackingwise he would improve the team massively

Actually KDB is very decent defensively better then mata,hazard and oscar.

We could always stick another player in there if we need greater solidity, but I think with the right ball-winner like a Chalobah or Ake or even a Capoue then you'd have enough energy there to control the other team.

The best way to stop a team attacking is to not let them have the ball though.

Wouldn't mind someone like Capoue joining Chelsea. We need a DM who can put pressure/potentially replace Mikel whilst Chalobah is still learning..

There we go.

All this talk about Modric playing with Mikel, Modric being the only player to sign etc. Well the first thing I would do is buy Capoué and relegate Mikel to the bench. Then think about a DLP in the form of Modric/Moutinho/Beñat.

I've always said that any DM worth their salt can do what Mikel does, but a team like Chelsea should have one that can also pass and/or cover ground. Capoué seems to have a decent enough passing range, certainly better than Mikel's, but can also cover ground and get at players when needs be. But I guess we won't go for him until someone else buys him and triples his price tag...

Actually KDB is very decent defensively better then mata,hazard and oscar.

i don't think so. i haven't seen him at Genk but at Werder he has been a defensive liability this season. ofcourse he has been played out of position but he doesn't have 'ball-winning' ability.

this is from WAGNH

"About De Bruyne's defensive skills. He's a more than willing worker, I've yet to really note him failing to track back. He's also pretty good about identifying where to be, and filling the appropriate spaces.

Unfortunately that's where my defensive praise of De Bruyne is going to end. He's a terrible tackler at this point, committing fouls or coming up empty on over 3/4 of his attempts to dispossess an opponent. He does seem to realize that he's just very poor in this regard, and doesn't attempt to tackle very often because of it. He also tends to back off and cover space, but doesn't intercept many balls in the process."

for everyone who says hes only good at harrying the ball to whom many prefer moutinho has a better tackle per match averaged( 2.7) modric(1.1) but less far less ball interceptions moutinho(0.4)- (1.3)and more fouls moutinho(1.7) than modric(0.6).. i know everyone in the board hates stats but sometimes they do help..

on a side note luka has played 18 games for madrid this season so far for a player like him who needs week in and week out football that is disrespectful and considering what they paid for him a flop... hes not 21 years old being bled into the first team he is a starter for his country and needs more game time which we can supply.. would love him here at a discount of course :Goober:

i don't think so. i haven't seen him at Genk but at Werder he has been a defensive liability this season. ofcourse he has been played out of position but he doesn't have 'ball-winning' ability.

this is from WAGNH

"About De Bruyne's defensive skills. He's a more than willing worker, I've yet to really note him failing to track back. He's also pretty good about identifying where to be, and filling the appropriate spaces.

Unfortunately that's where my defensive praise of De Bruyne is going to end. He's a terrible tackler at this point, committing fouls or coming up empty on over 3/4 of his attempts to dispossess an opponent. He does seem to realize that he's just very poor in this regard, and doesn't attempt to tackle very often because of it. He also tends to back off and cover space, but doesn't intercept many balls in the process."

He may not be the best tackler but he still works hard and will track back willingly unlike mata.You can say a bit like moses.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If I could chose who Mourinho would bring with him from Real Madrid (realistically) it would be Modric by far. This guy just fits into what we're missing as a DLP. He would be the best signing we could make IMO.

If I could chose who Mourinho would bring with him from Real Madrid (realistically) it would be Modric by far. This guy just fits into what we're missing as a DLP. He would be the best signing we could make IMO.

Di Maria could be just as possible. Modric + Di Maria in a 40-50mi double swoop would be absolutely amazing!

I just dont see Madrid selling neither...

Not that Madrid would sell, but Di Maria could be just as possible...

Modric + Di Maria in a 40-50mi double swoop would be just amazing!

Agreed. Those two signings (although obviously not realistic) would definitely turn us into proper title contenders.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You