Luka Modric

DavidEU

I really hope this transfer comes through.

I WOULD have liked to have seen Oscar/KDB given that central role, but this is just too good to pass up, if we are in fact looking for his signature. Modric is a little magician in midfield, and it would shoot us right towards title contenders no doubt about it, if this came through. No more Rambo as the be all and end all in midfield as we'd finally have a proper DLP And in fact I think this gives our team the felxibility to play a 433 if we decide to give Mata a break (Lord knows he needs one)

----------------Ba/Torres/Lukaku--------

Hazard/Schurle--------------KDB/Moses

--------Oscar/KDB----------Rambo/Modric

-------------------Romeu/Mikel------------

That looks epic to me. Don't know bout y'all.

Or in regular 4231, just imagine a double pivot of Romeu and Modric......................(it's ok if you feel funny in your pants)

Is it necessary to actually play with a DM ?

Depends on what you mean by that?

Do we need an actual Defensive midfielder ala Mikel?

No, but if we don't have one we need players who contribute to the defence in some way. And are more Box to box type, who will go back and put effort in om both ends of the pitch.

It's not necessary. But i think we would be better with one.

Someone big strong in there to sit there alongside a good DLP would me my ideal combination, and should provide a much more efficent transition from defence to attack.

I WOULD have liked to have seen Oscar/KDB given that central role, but this is just too good to pass up, if we are in fact looking for his signature. Modric is a little magician in midfield, and it would shoot us right towards title contenders no doubt about it, if this came through. No more Rambo as the be all and end all in midfield as we'd finally have a proper DLP And in fact I think this gives our team the felxibility to play a 433 if we decide to give Mata a break (Lord knows he needs one)

Or in regular 4231, just imagine a double pivot of Romeu and Modric......................(it's ok if you feel funny in your pants)

No Mata?

Is it necessary to actually play with a DM ?

It's not necessary. You can play with 11 strikers if you want, but if you wish to win then you will need a DM especially if you have players like Mata and Hazard in your team who don't really contribute much to the defense.

No Mata?

Allow me

let go of that dream guys ..

Real Madrid will reportedly block any attempts Mourinho makes to take Khedira, Modric or Lopez with him to Chelsea. #CFC (Evening Standard)

I have been sayin this for ages, but people didnt believe when I said Madrid wouldnt sell any first team player to Mourinho...

Modric, Khedira, Lopez, Marcelo, etc, wont even be considered to be allowed to follow Jose. However, Coentrao, Kaka, Di Maria and Higuain are players Real really want to sell, so I think they would accept a good offer from anyone (including Chelsea).

I have been sayin this for ages, but people didnt believe when I said Madrid wouldnt sell any first team player to Mourinho...

Modric, Khedira, Lopez, Marcelo, etc, wont even be considered to be allowed to follow Jose. However, Coentrao, Kaka, Di Maria and Higuain are players Real really want to sell, so I think they would accept a good offer from anyone (including Chelsea).

Modric is the only want I want. Wouldn't even take the other if they let me fist them.

Allow me to allow some "better" insight into modric or any real madrid targets chelsea might have.

Perez/ Zidane, whatever, Madrid tried to go after Gundogan about a week ago and madrid was told that they would have to wait until next season because there was too much turnover or will be too much turnover this transfer break in dortmund. They will see lewandowski and gotze among others and cant afford to lose gundogan nor do they really HAVE TO economically. Nuri Sahin is not a guarantee in anyway, so gundogan stays in dortmund until next year.

What does this mean?

It means that considering alonso is turning into a broken semi functional player Modric will probably be the midfielder to use by Ancelotti which seems to be madrid's pick as their coach. modric will be used in the midfield area because thats where he should play, has to play, and probably will play. Its too complicated to go after any midfielder for madrid, considering other than gundogan theres almost no one, and modric cost us alot and we havent been able to see him in a position hes comfortable in, since he was played mostly as a utility player and dropped in anywhere in 12/13. Mourinho FAILED with him.

So more likely than not, MODRIC IS NOT FOR SALE.

About Di Maria...The bastard sucks.

Plain and simple, thats why hes most likely leaving along with jose callejon so that bale or isco come along with Jese which is real madrid's prodige youth player.

Chelsea should not go after him but mourinho might because he was a mourinho purchase who was bought INSTEAD OF DAVID FUCKING SILVA back in 10/11, and he was pretty much mourinho's boy in a way, so mourinho might go after di maria but for chelsea's sake i hope he doesnt, i hope he goes to PSG which seems to have set a 25 million dollar offer on him.

I dont know how much cole has left in him but coentrao if given the starting position, AND with mourinho as his coach can become formidable imo. And i dont think madrid WOULDNT sell to chelsea. We dont want coentrao here, we never did.

We never wanted di maria, modric, or coentrao.

Di maria sucks and was brought into to have someone who could track back among other things.

We got those 3 overpriced losers ( losers based on the fact that they havent really justified them selves in madrid) over SIlva, CAZORLA AND ISCO, and we didnt even need coentrao...he was brought in to displace marcelo and he failed, then he was tried in the mid and he failed.

Mou failed with his purchases, he failed madrid, but coentrao could be good for you, and so could di maria if hes a bench player atleast. Modric is not for sale and will be given time, but we gave up on CAZORLA AND ISCO for him as EL CONFIDENCIAL released, hes not for SALE.

Also i dont know why there hasnt been any offers hear for higuain in chelsea, maybe there will be, mou liked higuain and benzema is above him in the ladder, hes not elite but hes def above average, hes very good, but if he goes anywhere it looks like that place will be juventus atm.

Allow me to allow some "better" insight into modric or any real madrid targets chelsea might have.

Perez/ Zidane, whatever, Madrid tried to go after Gundogan about a week ago and madrid was told that they would have to wait until next season because there was too much turnover or will be too much turnover this transfer break in dortmund. They will see lewandowski and gotze among others and cant afford to lose gundogan nor do they really HAVE TO economically. Nuri Sahin is not a guarantee in anyway, so gundogan stays in dortmund until next year.

What does this mean?

It means that considering alonso is turning into a broken semi functional player Modric will probably be the midfielder to use by Ancelotti which seems to be madrid's pick as their coach. modric will be used in the midfield area because thats where he should play, has to play, and probably will play. Its too complicated to go after any midfielder for madrid, considering other than gundogan theres almost no one, and modric cost us alot and we havent been able to see him in a position hes comfortable in, since he was played mostly as a utility player and dropped in anywhere in 12/13. Mourinho FAILED with him.

So more likely than not, MODRIC IS NOT FOR SALE.

About Di Maria...The bastard sucks.

Plain and simple, thats why hes most likely leaving along with jose callejon so that bale or isco come along with Jese which is real madrid's prodige youth player.

Chelsea should not go after him but mourinho might because he was a mourinho purchase who was bought INSTEAD OF DAVID FUCKING SILVA back in 10/11, and he was pretty much mourinho's boy in a way, so mourinho might go after di maria but for chelsea's sake i hope he doesnt, i hope he goes to PSG which seems to have set a 25 million dollar offer on him.

I dont know how much cole has left in him but coentrao if given the starting position, AND with mourinho as his coach can become formidable imo. And i dont think madrid WOULDNT sell to chelsea. We dont want coentrao here, we never did.

We never wanted di maria, modric, or coentrao.

Di maria sucks and was brought into to have someone who could track back among other things.

We got those 3 overpriced losers ( losers based on the fact that they havent really justified them selves in madrid) over SIlva, CAZORLA AND ISCO, and we didnt even need coentrao...he was brought in to displace marcelo and he failed, then he was tried in the mid and he failed.

Mou failed with his purchases, he failed madrid, but coentrao could be good for you, and so could di maria if hes a bench player atleast. Modric is not for sale and will be given time, but we gave up on CAZORLA AND ISCO for him as EL CONFIDENCIAL released, hes not for SALE.

Also i dont know why there hasnt been any offers hear for higuain in chelsea, maybe there will be, mou liked higuain and benzema is above him in the ladder, hes not elite but hes def above average, hes very good, but if he goes anywhere it looks like that place will be juventus atm.

Why do you think Di Maria sucks? Just asking for your opinion.

Why do you think Di Maria sucks? Just asking for your opinion.

Because i have been getting aneurisms for 3 years now watching him in madrid. He is predictable and inconsistent.

The only positive thing in him is his final ball and his work rate. The guy could be an RWB which is one of the reasons mou took him to madrid since the midfield in madrid is really bad in defending due to its poor and slow technical players like khedira and alonso, and ozil and ronaldo not knowing how to defend for their lives.

Di Maria is predictable with his dribbling as he gets almost know where with it, he has bad decision making, and cant pass the ball for sh*t, i cant tell you how many times hes ruined counter attacks and is an even bigger reason as to why madrid sucks with the ball. He cant pass the ball for sh*t, only good pass is his final ball which is usually a cross or a looping "Teaspoon pass" as i refer to it as.

Not only is his dribbling pathetic, his passing non existant, but he is a diver as well, he has made a bad name for him self specially in late 10/11 and early 11/12. Forget about his assist tally thats not the end of the story. One thing is to do well against betis and villareal, its another to flop everytime u face dortmund or bayern.

Nonono he doesnt justify his prescence here. He is predictable and sh*T, and a diver.

And inconsistent. He got injured in the middle of last season, came back, had little impact, was very good in the pre season with us against teams like LA GALAXY and some 2nd division spanish team, and then preceeded to suck @#!!@ big time in all of 12/13 with only one good game which was the game against valencia.

He is predictable, horrible passer, inconsistent, and a diver.

But lets face it, chelsea will have mourinho here, he wont focus his game on passing, and if he bought di maria and had him play many times then its because he likes what di maria brings to the table for mous style of football. Hes shit though, but u know what, mou probably doesnt like him enough to take him to chelsea, but mou has made some VERY bad purchases recently, so u never know. If i were u id hope not to get di maria, but then again he'd probably bench, for a purchase less than 15 mil maybe hed be alright but he cost madrid 28 million and didnt justify it, hes a handicap. He wont go for less than 25 btw, i doubt madrid will be foolish to do that.

Psg is on him atm ive heard.

wow, seeing that di maria sucks, is probably the biggest BS i have read on this board till now. Di Maria was awesome for 2 years...he had every year more than 10 assists in the league, his dribbling was awesome, his passing was awesome too. this year he was not good, as the whole RM Team. also people forget, that madrid play asymetrical- and on the right wing, arbeloa doesnt offers s#it in terms of offensive play, so di maria often plays ALONE vs 2, 3 players and has no other options than to go in to the one on one (or 3 on one). futhermore he offers an UNBELIEVABLE work-ethic and his defensive back-traking is one of the best in the world. he would be perfect for us and would add something, that we have been missing. also he is really creative. and that he is inconsistenst isnt right too. he was playing every game on a high level for hist first 2 years...this year was bad, but he also was injured and most of the team played not on their standard. also both madrid strikers sucked this year, benzema nearly scoring nothing and Higuain also not in-form- so he had really nobody to give the ball too. özil cant score for his life, only CR is a goal scorer for Madrid this season. but yeah if you forget all this, Di Maria is just CRAP.

but reading that someone who plays in the National Team of Argentina and was awesome 2 seasons in a row is crap, is really just atrocious.

Bad logic being used by you here with all due respect.

Apparently you havent really payed attention to Di Maria. La Liga is an "easy" place to score and assist in, dont let the numbers fool you, when circumstances are such that you look like an idiot against teams like manchester united, or bayern munich, or borussia dortmund where you dont know where to pass a ball, dont know how to pass it to begin with and are only a handicap and a flop..Well then..

Its the big games that really define players and di maria has flopped in nearly all of them, dont let the assist to ronaldo in the copa del rey fool you for example lol, the rest of the match he misplaced balls, feel too easily and was not world class in any way.

You said he offers unbelievable work rate and that you "need" that, like i said if your manager really thinks you need di maria they could get him as a bench player for less than 15 million and that would be acceptable but i doubt he wants to bench and i really doubt madrid will sell for less than 25 which at that point youd have to be disabled to buy him.

You blame other players too defend di maria in such a way? It could be logical to do so but not in this case as you are trying too hard to put a blind eye to his problems. He was NOT CONSISTENT at all and never has been except for about the first half of his first year in madrid but it all went down after wards specially when facing real opposition.

He's a diver.

He's expensive.

He has HORRIBLE passing.

Only good thing he has is work rate is final ball and work rate which is not enough for 25 million plus + Specially when you dont even need him.

He is inconsistent, has never had a great game against a great team, sucked more than anyone else in our attack this year really, and he just fails in too many areas.

And an argument such as "he plays for argentina" is very faulty. Look at arbeloa starting for madrid, and hes garbage! and for spain...

Sometimes its down to manager perferences but when you dissect di maria, he is not impressive at all. Hes never been great, dont know what matches uve been seeing with all due respect. Sprouting out " hes been playing at a high level for x years" only goes so far...As it is false.

You think i rate ozil high because he can do well against pathetico madrid? The guy is sht at defending and that is why guys like gotze are getting rated over him by mostly everyone. You have to learn to dissect players, di maria in a package is a disgrace if what you want is a good deal thats world class and lives up to the hype.

Youtube can really distort minds if not careful.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You