10. Mykhaylo Mudryk

ZAPHOD2319

On 25/01/2023 at 12:54, milka said:

Would say he looks a lot more direct than Hazard tbf, a lot more. In the Shakhtar v Celtic games Shakhtar used him as an outlet as Celtic are predominantly geared up towards being a possession based team under Postecoglu and he was very very direct. Hazard sometimes for me I think he just loved coming for the ball and trying to take players on too much instead of just running into space and being a bit more direct. Robben maybe a more appropriate comparison or Bale? Although they say the boy we signed from PSV similar to Robben also.

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

And 7 months ago, wasn't even a Chelsea player. A lot of bitter men in FA. 

Mostly 'red' fans. Begs the question would this have arisen if he was a Liverpool/Man Utd player ? Rhetorical

You'd like to thing a sensible approach to the context will be taken here. This isn't someone giving their opinion or being openly recorded using offensive language in general use, it's someone literally singing/rapping lyrics. It's dumb to be recorded doing it in this day and age but in no way should it be held up to the same degree as someone just caught using racial language in general.

Even Kick It Out commented on it the other night and didn't use their usual strong worded approach to these sort of things, just really said Mudryk shouldn't have used that language even quoting something but appreciate he realises that he shouldn't have done so and has already apologised.

I think in this situation, a warning and at very most a small fine should suffice. I wouldn't be surprised though if he copped a ban, it is a Chelsea player we're talking being dragged in front of the FA's kangaroo court about after all.

For sure he'll be banned a couple of games. Cavani got 3 games. And I just saw they punished players before for social media posts they did as 12 or 14 years old kids. Let's just hope it's after Fulham so at least we have Felix back. Who knows when we gonna see our strongest team together. 

11 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Ridiculous as he was singing the lyrics of a song

Equally ridiculous considering this video is many months old and already taken down for right reasons.

Stupidity would be bringing more attention to something that shouldn't warrant any. 

2 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

All the media outlets are gleefully reporting this to garner more attention.

Already comments about upset online communities, etc. 

Am anticipating a lengthy ban from the FA.

Is there really a precedent for it to be more than 3 games? 

From memory Cavani got 3 games whilst he was in the PL