10. Mykhaylo Mudryk

ZAPHOD2319

15 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

You're right but considering there is a very high chance of him joining our long list of flops, I'll take my chances. 

You out of the gate slaters and whingers never, or almost never, offer up any alternatives. All you lot often do is shit on our players from the moment they set foot on the pitch.

You would be doing the same thing with Caicedo if we had dropped £100m (Brighton's demanded price) on him.

Mudryk was £62m in transfer fee, and up to £26m in potential add-ons.

That £62m is what CuCu cost, for a RESERVE LEFT BACK, yet the haters on here are already wetting the bed over a potential game changing winger.

Sad.

I so hope we end up paying the full £26m in add-ons, as that would mean Mudryk has hit big.

The things reading here 😞

Didnt know he was sick, but it was not great. What i do noticed is that he never ever in the game got the space that Ziyech got. 

So one bad half in a team that must come together as a team don’t concern me. When fit he need to start the next one.

Yeah crazy to write him off. 

I still think the guy is good and will come good. 

Just that team chemistry is so bad at this moment and not to mention that mid besides Enzo is bad. 

Can't wait for other players that work in the mid to be back because we need that balance there. 

Edited by Fernando

6 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Yeah crazy to write him off. 

I still think the guy is good and will come good. 

Just that team chemistry is so bad at this moment and not to mention that mid besides Enzo is bad. 

Can't wait for other players that work in the mid to be back because we need that balance there. 

He was not even THAT bad v Fulham, especially for being sick.

I sad so real time back then.

This rush by some to take a hot steamer on Mudryk after 80 minutes of total play is beyond daft IMHO, especially when it comes from our own fanbase.

I held my tongue with KK until it was very clear the bloke is well past it.

Hell, I even ended up at times defending Alonso here, lolol

Typical fan board dynamics - go apeshit when transferring some Football Manager darling in and cry we're not paying hundreds of millions up front, 90 minutes later go apeshit and demand the player being sent back and bash the board for the transfer, because fella hadn't suddenly got 3 times better on plane to London as isn't banging in a hat trick from the get go.

Always a fun read though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/02/2023 at 13:52, Vegetable said:

Typical fan board dynamics - go apeshit when transferring some Football Manager darling in and cry we're not paying hundreds of millions up front, 90 minutes later go apeshit and demand the player being sent back and bash the board for the transfer, because fella hadn't suddenly got 3 times better on plane to London as isn't banging in a hat trick from the get go.

Always a fun read though.

Coming from a bloke that believes a manager with 10+ injuries and like 7 new players coming into a team should have them running like clockwork instantly. Pot kettle black 

On 05/02/2023 at 14:22, Vesper said:

Hell, I even ended up at times defending Alonso here, lolol

In his peak in a 5 a the back system, Alonso was world class. I don't know if you can name a better LWB at that time. Or do you mean Alonso in his later years?

1 hour ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Coming from a bloke that believes a manager with 10+ injuries and like 7 new players coming into a team should have them running like clockwork instantly. Pot kettle black 

Mate, seriously, is Potter your family or what? 😂 If so, I'll give him some slack.

It's basic club hierarchy - when we buy players with potential and slowly let them into a team it's rather normal. If we are appointing sub-par manager/medical staff/coaches/owner it's unacceptable. Players are easy to bench or sell and there's 11 of them. Anyone higher the ladder, not so much. Plus I was first to criticize tossing hundreds of millions for unproven footballers from small time leagues, some TC members liked in their FIFA, so what is your point exactly?

Potter been here for 5 months, so if that's "instantly", then slow life ftw. Koulibaly and Cucurella been here for more or less the same time, yet hardly anyone waits with judgement here, so what, blurred standards again?

As of Mudryk, it's worth noting he did not quite look like the rumored pace abuser for more than 25 mins yesterday, so he may be overused or overtrained already. Not to mention his mind seemed to collapse under weight of important, away CL game, so he may be even more raw, than people thought he is.

Edited by Vegetable

I thought he looked quite dangerous and made some really nice plays when he did get on the ball. 

Obviously there were points he tried too hard and messed up - but - Mo Salah plays almost entirely the same way - and did so even at the peak of his powers - but the team around him was so supportive and good to farm his element of play that it didn't matter. 

Mudryk is very, very good already. Taking a few games to get up to speed is normal, and he has looked very dangerous when he has gotten in the right places. 

He needs to work harder and track back more in certain areas, but the guy is coming from off season, cold, to the most demanding league physically in the world.

This forum is absolute horrid to read with the mopey bastards all over it. 

10 hours ago, manpe said:

In his peak in a 5 a the back system, Alonso was world class. I don't know if you can name a better LWB at that time. Or do you mean Alonso in his later years?

Alonso was always a large defensive liability, even in those 3 peak years (that was all he had for a true peak, 2016/17, 2017/18 (first team all EPL), and then under Sarri, 2018/19, when his goals went down but assists went up, but after that he started his overall decline).

That is why Conte so so wanted Alex Sandro to replace him (and the Juve cunts ran the road with Marina, we never got him).

16 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Running like clockwork or just winning more than twice in 14 games ? Or you know showing some kind of tactical awareness  and not letting games drift by