10. Mykhaylo Mudryk

ZAPHOD2319

singing along to Lil Baby lyrics is a far cry from going off on a rant calling us black folk ni%%ers

not the smartest move by him, (and Lil Baby sucks, lolol) but still, this is crazy if he gets a multigame ban

5 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

Is there really a precedent for it to be more than 3 games? 

From memory Cavani got 3 games whilst he was in the PL

No, at least I hope not. To me, 3 games is a lengthy ban in itself.,lol. We don't even have any domestic cup games in between to soften the blow.

1 hour ago, manpe said:

Ridiculous if he gets any punishment whatsoever. Dragging his name through mud in media is enough as it is.

I can't fucking stand the state of the world. Social justice pussies everywhere.

If you don't want people to sing the lyrics don't put them in the fucking song!!!

9 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

If you don't want people to sing the lyrics don't put them in the fucking song!!!

Or you could just not sing it?  I mean just because a black guy says it doesnt mean you have to. Folks do a pretty good job ignoring when they say their lives matter....why not do the same with a disgusting word in frankly bad music?

Maybe it was just the 'cold' but he looked very unhappy in the first 45. Not able to do give and go's, never in a position to utilize his pace. Not sure what instructions he received.

No idea what we did in the past two weeks to suck the life out of a player that had a stellar debut.

9 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Or you could just not sing it?  I mean just because a black guy says it doesnt mean you have to. Folks do a pretty good job ignoring when they say their lives matter....why not do the same with a disgusting word in frankly bad music?

If a black guy puts it in a song don't be surprised if a white guy singing the song says the lyric 

Edited by YorkshireBlue

18 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

If a black guy puts it in a song don't be surprised if a white guy singing the song says the lyric 

I dont think anybody is surprised but its poor form for a kid, halfway across the world, to be singing slurs hurled in an American song. Even worse when coming from a country with not exactly the best track record with said group.

Black Americans have made, and exported, all types of music. Songs about love, triumph, struggle, heartache, and the lot with no slurs in them. Maybe sing those instead? 

3 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

I dont think anybody is surprised but its poor form for a kid, halfway across the world, to be singing slurs hurled in an American song. Even worse when coming from a country with not exactly the best track record with said group.

Black Americans have made, and exported, all types of music. Songs about love, triumph, struggle, heartache, and the lot with no slurs in them. Maybe sing those instead? 

So a guy can't sing lyrics to songs he likes? Sure you and me can think Lil Baby's music sucks (which it does lol), but he has 30M monthly listeners on spotify, so clearly a lot of people don't think that. I listen to all sorts of music, including rap/hip-hop, and when I sing the lyrics along I don't beep myself when someone says nigga (and lord knows there are many classic songs with that word). That doesn't mean I do it out of some deep hatred towards black people, I do it out of enjoyment for the song and censoring would just ruin the flow (just listen to some censored rap songs on youtube lol, they're unlistenable). Many non-racist non-black people enjoy black rap music and sing along the lyrics without hating or hurting anyone, difference being we don't get recorded and uploaded on the internet.

Mudryk's only crime was being famous while caught on tape... and liking Lil Baby 😄 It would be more excusable if it had been 2Pac or Dr. Dre 😎

He was by far the worst player on the pitch against Fulham. Absolutely dreadful in every aspect of the game, and you know what? it's OK.

He's young and he's entitled to performances like these. It happens and he will learn form it, or not... in which case he won't make it.

Still way too early to tell and games like these, not mediocre, not average, but really poor, are typical of younger players.

Edited by robsblubot

18 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

He was by far the worst player on the pitch against Fulham. Absolutely dreadful in every aspect of the game, and you know what? it's OK.

He's young and he's entitled to performances like these. It happens and he will learn form it, or not... in which case he won't make it.

Still way too early to tell and games like these, not mediocre, not average, but really poor, are typical of younger players.

Agreed - his performance was the worst (far worse than oft maligned Mount , in fact)

But while some of the blame is on him, I feel a big portion of the blame lay in the tactical setup. Its clear he isn't like Hazard who looks to hold on to the ball to try and create space for other players.

He's more of a player who favors quick pass and move football, and if the surrounding players are not complementing his play - then he's pretty much out of it. The other option would have been to make use of his blistering pace by freeing him up - again, nothing done by the team to release him in threatening positions. You had both Mount and Gallagher pushing far up the pitch taking up space that could have been used.

He has been sick for the whole week and yet played the best he could while beeing isolated by Fulham who overloaded his side to shut it down. Thats why he was subed in half time, Potter thought he could play 60 min but he only managed 45. 

Hope we play both Mudryk and Madueke next games so the opposition cant overload only one side. If they do that against Mudryk/Madueke or Mudryk/Sterling they will get slapped on the fingers again and again and again. 

Edited by Costa19

2 hours ago, Costa19 said:

He has been sick for the whole week and yet played the best he could while beeing isolated by Fulham who overloaded his side to shut it down. Thats why he was subed in half time, Potter thought he could play 60 min but he only managed 45. 

Hope we play both Mudryk and Madueke next games so the opposition cant overload only one side. If they do that against Mudryk/Madueke or Mudryk/Sterling they will get slapped on the fingers again and again and again. 

I knew that we would regret splashing so much money on this guy.   To spend that much on a player that is raw and hasn't played in a top european league just to say that we beat Arsenal to his signing is crazy. 

To think we could have had Enzo-Caicedo as our midfield moving forward for a similar transfer fee. 

58 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I knew that we would regret splashing so much money on this guy.   To spend that much on a player that is raw and hasn't played in a top european league just to say that we beat Arsenal to his signing is crazy. 

To think we could have had Enzo-Caicedo as our midfield moving forward for a similar transfer fee. 

This is my nomination for the worst post of 2023 so far. You have already permanently binned Mudryk after less than 90 minutes total play, over half of which he played with a cold.

Breathtakingly premature. Embarrassingly so, one might say. I certainly do.

19 minutes ago, Vesper said:

This is my nomination for the worst post of 2023 so far. You have already permanently binned Mudryk after less than 90 minutes total play, over half of which he played with a cold.

Breathtakingly premature. Embarrassingly so, one might say. I certainly do.

You're right but considering there is a very high chance of him joining our long list of flops, I'll take my chances.