10. Mykhaylo Mudryk

ZAPHOD2319

52 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Hopefully this signing spells the end of Pulisic or Ziyech here. Preferably Pulisic. Surprised he came here giving how he seemed so desperate for Arsenal but he’s here now so lets see how he gets on. 

Preferably both.

49 minutes ago, Jype said:

Preferably both.

Still think Ziyechs profile is harder to replace though. A wide playmaker of sorts. Granted hasn't done it for us often enough but decent right sided players who are left footed are hard to find. Yet alone someone with his track record in Holland/the CL is capable of scoring and making foals. Has been a huge disappointment on that front for us.

Edited by OneMoSalah

We will have to get rid of plenty of attackers over the next few months

Pulisic 

mount

sterling 

mudryk

CHO

all right footed coming from the left 

probably gonna roll there with mudryk and Sterling only

convert mount back to midfielder and selll ChO and Pulisic 

mudryk is almost ambipedal but his right foot is too sweet to waste him on the right 

21 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

We will have to get rid of plenty of attackers over the next few months

Pulisic 

mount

sterling 

mudryk

CHO

all right footed coming from the left 

probably gonna roll there with mudryk and Sterling only

convert mount back to midfielder and selll ChO and Pulisic 

mudryk is almost ambipedal but his right foot is too sweet to waste him on the right 

Yeah Mounts going to end up playing more centrally in midfield. He's not a wide player.

Pulisic, Ziyech and maybe even CHO gonna be on the chopping block I think.

I mean it would he stupid to assume any of them will stay after we signed a near £90m wide player on a 8.5 year deal. Sterling wont be going anywhere either. 

Welcome of corse, but this one feels strange, i mean he has been begging to join Arsenal for ages then out of nowhere he is happy to sign for us? very odd, I know money talks just worries me how motivated he is going to be, are we going to get the player that was begging to join another club? or a player that is not fully happy to be here and just collecting a wage?

4 minutes ago, Billy. said:

Welcome of corse, but this one feels strange, i mean he has been begging to join Arsenal for ages then out of nowhere he is happy to sign for us? very odd, I know money talks just worries me how motivated he is going to be, are we going to get the player that was begging to join another club? or a player that is not fully happy to be here and just collecting a wage?

I personally am not worried about this. I think it's more likely to be him just wanting to move to the Premier League. As much as we wouldn't like to admit, Arsenal are a big club and were after him in the summer so that firm interest for the last 6 months or so had probably turned his head and got him twerking for that move.

Us coming in presented two options for him, and from the looks of things, it hasn't taken too long to get him to decide to make the move here.

1 minute ago, Superblue said:

I personally am not worried about this. I think it's more likely to be him just wanting to move to the Premier League. As much as we wouldn't like to admit, Arsenal are a big club and were after him in the summer so that firm interest for the last 6 months or so had probably turned his head and got him twerking for that move.

Us coming in presented two options for him, and from the looks of things, it hasn't taken too long to get him to decide to make the move here.

I get ya point, just worries me a little i cannot lie. time will tell of corse. 

He'll bring back the pace we've missed since Werner's departure, but I hope he has better ability on the ball to beat defenders in tight spots.

Because we lack central midfielders to find attacking players with good through-balls, I fear that there will be more pressure on him to fashion chances by himself.

1 hour ago, DDA said:

The Gooners at work are saying they offered him 30k a week and we offered him 200k 

I have no idea if either are true but if so... 30k... wow.

both is probably incorrect.

Figures I have read on most outlets is 50k vs 100k.

If we indeed have tied him down for 8.5 years on reasonable wages this would mean decent business as he would not be completely impossible to load off if he is a bust.

3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Apparently clocked a top speed of 36.6 km/h in CL, fastest player this season so far and not too far off MBappe all time record

Top 19 fastest football players in the world in 2023

https://khelnow.com/football/top-10-fastest-football-players-in-the-world-2022

These players have shown that they can hit top-gear on the pitch regularly.

Football has always been about athleticism. Players prepare physically and mentally for matches and avoid distractions that hinders their performance. A player must possess a strong physicality to challenge the opposition and most importantly, pace, to assist the team in playing fast football.

Having the quickest players enables the team to transition quickly and expose opponents during counter-attacks. A quick player can outpace stagnant defender

Pacy players have aided the clubs dynamically over the years. Their intensity during the game is unrivalled as they provide an extra hand in counter-attacks or while tracking back, they are the first to pick up the loose ball.

Bearing this in mind, we look at the top 19 fastest footballers in 2023. 

19. Theo Hernandez 35.7 (km/h)

Theo Hernandez ranks among the top ten fastest footballers in the Champions League. The 25-year-old is experiencing one of his best seasons with AC Milan. Hernandez has played for a number of clubs but was yet to exhibit his true talent on the field. The footballer is finally having the best time with AC Milan after signing in 2019.

At Milan, he displayed exceptional vision and has since become the club’s most important left-back. Theo Hernandez’s quick pace averaged 35.7 kilometers per/hour this season in the Champions League.

18. Micky van de Ven – 35.87 km/h

The 21-year-old has been a revelation in the Bundesliga, becoming a key player at such a young age. Van de Ven is well-known for his excellent ball reading and quick tackles to break-up plays. He is now one of the fastest players in the league, behind Alphonso Davies.

Van de Ven has many years ahead of him, but the youngster has gradually matured and is now Wolfsburg‘s first choice, thanks to his large stature and quick pace. The 21-year-old is one of the fastest players in the German top flight, according to stats provided by the Bundesliga.

17. Rafa Silva – 35.9 (km/h)m/h

Rafa Silva is having a productive season with Benfica. Imagine a group that includes PSG and Juventus, but Benfica came out on top on goal difference, owing to numerous vital goals from Rafa Silva, who has been the club’s finest performer. Silva is an offensive midfielder who can also play on the wings.

He is one of the fastest players on the field and displayed top performances in the Champions League, which saw him set a high speed of 35.9 km/h.

16. Sheraldo Becker – 35.97 km/h

The Union Berlin winger is the Bundesliga’s fastest player, tied with Bayern Munich full-back Alphonso Davies. He, like Davies, makes off-the-ball runs to give his team extra space; he also makes in-between runs to avoid being caught offside.

While Becker has not received as much attention as Davies, he is a magnificent player when given space. Once he accelerates, defenders find it very difficult to match his speed.

15. Moussa Diaby – 36.1 (km/h)

The 23-year-old is another talented player with a 36.1 (km/h) average and was an important player for Bayern Leverkusen. Although the club did not qualify, Moussa earned a place in an exclusive list of football’s most prestigious competition. Moussa is agile, and his agility on the field aids him in making transitions on the field. He can pull defenders out of their positions with his pace, allowing the team to create space to exploit.

14. Karim Adeyemi – 36.1 (km/h)

Karim Adeyemi has been a sensation this season, proving his mettle in European competition at the age of 20. The forward is another youngster making an impression and has already suggested that he could be a future prospect. Adeyemi is a talented, extremely nimble player, ranking sixth in the Champions League fastest footballers list with a speed of 36.1 km/h. Dortmund will need his pace on the pitch to open up spaces and play through the lines.

13. Kylian Mbappe 36.08 km/h

Mbappe’s burst of pace up front has been crucial to PSG‘s success; he is one of the fastest players in the Ligue 1 and causes difficulties for defenders. Once he picks up speed, he is difficult to catch.

The 23-year-old is known for playing with defenders on his shoulders, and his breakneck speed allows him to beat offside traps with late runs. Furthermore, the Frenchman can cover a lot of ground with his blazing speed and stamina, which aids him to clock high speeds in the dying moments of matches. No defenders can catch him if he’s unmarked and has plenty of space.

12. Erling Haaland- 36.2 km/h

For Manchester City, the Norwegian has been the final piece of the jigsaw. Haaland is a complete bully for defenders – outpacing them and physically dominating them. His life at Manchester City was expected to be difficult, but the 22-year-old has lived up to the hype by scoring ten goals in just six games.

He is one of the best players on counter-attacks as his blazing speed allows him to outrun and brush past defenders. With age on his side, the towering striker will only get better. The Norwegian striker recorded a top speed of 36.2 km/h in a Premier league 2022-23 clash against Brighton.

11. Alphonso Davies – 36.2 (km/h)

The Bayern left-back is gifted with all skills. Bayern Munich’s left-back position has been figured out for a decade, with Davies being the first choice. His performance against Barcelona in 2020 was proof enough of his talent. Davies is the team’s fastest player, and his speed has the ability to shift the team’s rhythm and stretch the game.

He is a sort of left-back with all characteristics, such as being a brilliant dribbler with excellent speed and being able to outrun and outmuscle his opponents. And he’s again on the list of the fastest footballers in the Champions League 2022-23.

10. Nuno Tavares – 36.2 (km/h)

This season, a highly gifted Marseille player made an immediate impact in the Champions League against top teams. Nuno Tavares is already regarded as one of Europe’s top full-backs. His agility and quickness on the field distinguish him. Marseille did not advance to the final stage, but Tavares has certainly made his imprint on the Champions League. He is ranked fifth as the fastest player in the competition with an average pace of 36.2 (km/h).

Also Read: Ranking the top 10 fastest football players in the world

9. Federico Valverde -36.3 (km/h)

Federico Valverde made a fantastic contribution for Real Madrid this season, banging in goal after goal in important matches. He has become such a vital part of the club that his absence has harmed the club’s performance. Valverde is unquestionably having one of the best seasons of his career.

He has played in every game, and although being a midfielder, he plays on the right flank and contributes significantly due to his speed and shooting ability.

8. Achraf Hakimi – 36.48 km/h

Hakimi has developed into one of the best full-backs in the French league, utilising his speed and intelligence both offensively and defensively. His development since leaving Real Madrid has been encouraging, and his willingness to make daring runs has made him a fan-favorite at PSG.

The 23-year-old is a dangerous player during counter-attacks, and has the ability to carry the ball forward. He offers ball-playing options and is physically strong. His speed allows him to combine well with forwards and make late runs into the box.

7. Rafael Leao – 36.5 (km/h) 

A dynamic forward with bursts of speed, adaptability, and technical ability who can pull all the strings. Rafael Leao has been outstanding this season, playing a pivotal position on the left flank. His spectacular moments on and off the field are one of the main factors that aid the squad in stretching defenses.

He is also a skilled dribbler with quick feet who can beat opponents one-on-one. The player has been called up for the Qatar 2022 World Cup due to his performance.

6. Darwin Nunez – 36.5 km/h

Liverpool’s record signing Darwin Nunez may not have had the best start to his Liverpool career, but the Uruaguian striker has recorded good underlying stats. The striker also broke the record for the fastest Premier League player previously held by Kyle Walker (37.802 km/h against Chelsea in June 2020).

There were rumours that Nunez recorded a top speed of 38 km/h in the Premier League clash against West Ham in October 2022. But later it was confirmed by Premier League that the striker was still the fastest player in the 2022-23 season but only reached the top speed of 36.5 in a Premier League game against Fulham earlier this season.

5. Mohamed Salah – 36.6 km/h

Since joining Liverpool in 2017, the 30-year-old has established himself as one of the greatest players in Liverpool’s history. Salah’s position on the right wing is untouchable, and no player has been capable of taking his position.

Since joining the Reds, he has been a phenomenon, scoring 32 goals in his first season – a record that still stands. His lightning speed on the right wing has made a huge difference in Liverpool’s game; he can beat defenders with darting runs and dribbles. His quick feet allows him to outmaneuver defenders in tight spaces, and it also helps him to overtake defenders in challenging situations.

4. Adama Traore – 36.6 km/h  

Traore’s move to Barcelona hasn’t helped his career a lot, but it goes without saying that he’s an absolute monster on the ball. His intimidating physicality makes defenders anxious. The Spaniard has been blessed with buffed-up physic and great speed. That allows him to go past defenders, and once he does that, no defender can stop him.

He mostly plays on the wing, where he can cut inside, make a pass, or drive the ball in the box. He is always confident on the ball, which makes him a reliable player.

3. Ousmane Dembele – 36.6 (km/h)

Dembele uses both feet and has the speed and dribbling flair for defeating defenders. After a string of injuries in previous seasons, the Frenchman was a performer last season. The 25-year-old has evolved into a complete player and is now a vital ingredient for Barcelona. He has the potential to cut through the left to produce goals or scoring opportunities and might be a game-changer. He performed excellently for Barcelona in the Champions League, but the club’s lack of qualities meant they failed to advance to the knockouts phase.

2. Mykhailo Mudryk – 36.6 (km/h)

Many people may not have noticed Mykhailo Mudryk. But he is another promising young talent that made an impact in the Champions League group stages. Big teams will soon be lining up to sign the pacy player.

Although Shakhtar Donetsk did not advance past the group stage, Mudryk’s good performance will help him establish himself in Europe. He was also the fastest player in group stages, with a 36.6 km/h average, which was the highest in the competition.

1. Antonio Rudiger- 36.7 km/h

Rudiger prospered under Thomas Tuchel before joining Real Madrid, establishing himself as one of Europe’s best centre-backs. He is tall and an aggressive defender. His stature is sometimes enough to induce fear in forwards.

Another valuable quality that the former Chelsea defender embodies is speed; he is now Europe’s fastest player. The best thing about Rudiger is his quick tackles, which makes him a great threat to opponents. According to Opta, the former Chelsea defender clogged up the highest speed in the Premier League in 2022.

5 hours ago, Billy. said:

It works both ways. Would be have joined Arsenal if they fronted the cash (in the structure Donetsk wanted)? Most likely, but also on the flip side if Mbappe suddenly decided he wanted to join us and PSG were prepared to let him go we'd have dropped this lad quicker than you can say boo.

7 hours ago, Superblue said:

Yeah. If Mudryk was really adamant to join Arsenal a hijack would never have worked, just like it didn't with Raphinha last summer.

It's not like the window is about to end either, there's still more than half left and he could easily have stalled things a bit and wait to see if Arsenal would match our bid but cleraly he had already given us the green light once the offer went in. Credit to Boehly etc. as well that they have learned a thing or two since Raphinha to only make a bid once the player is already on board.

Still not fully convinced about the player being worth all that money and on the face of it the 8,5 year contract seems crazy too but without knowing the salary I can't really comment on the contract length much. If it's a reasonable wage, the long deal can be a good thing to help lower the amortisation costs but if it's something like +200K/wk then it's just not great business.

Looking forward to seeing what the guy can do in the PL.

8 hours ago, DDA said:

The Gooners at work are saying they offered him 30k a week and we offered him 200k 

I have no idea if either are true but if so... 30k... wow.

zero chance Arse only offered him £30K PW

that is way less than a million per year net (around £780K per year net)

for a player that Arse was willing to drop £75-80m in transfer fees and add-ons on

come on, lolol

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

zero chance Arse only offered him £30K PW

that is way less than a million per year net (around £780K per year net)

for a player that Arse was willing to drop £75-80m in transfer fees and add-ons on

come on, lolol

I've heard they offered 50k from arsenal fans lol