Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

14 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

That’s not what happened with James Franco. 

https://www.her.ie/celeb/james-franco-accused-of-trying-to-meet-underage-girl-in-hotel-122159

Yes, this is his first incident. Very similar to this football player.

Years after, many more women accused him of improper behavior and his career is destroyed. And now he has to pay 2m. But I was not speaking about this.

I'll admit, if the Haaland situation doesn't improve, Kalajdzic is an intriguing option, especially its for relatively low transfer fees and wages. 

I like the fact that he seems to be more than a striker, and rather a true CF that can set up others for goals too. 

However Havertz and Werner can do that too.The question is about what he offers that our current forwards can't. Aerial ability, maybe? With Giroud's departure we are lacking in that department for sure.

5 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

United finished 7 points ahead of us last season. They add Sancho and Varane plus will add MF. Linked with Camavinga, Rice, Saul. And RB - Trippier.

While we are doing nothing? Hoping new players from last season will come good is dangerous game. From last season Mendy and Silva did almost perfect. Chilwell was very solid, no one really expected more from him.

I am sure Kai will be much, much more effective.

Not so optimistic about Werner and problem with Ziyech is that can we really afford to give him more game time? Last season he played just 1900 mins with 6g and 4a which is solid.

But I feel Werner, Mount, Pulisic will be ahead of him.

We should improve and refresh squad in terms of quality. But not only striker. For example we have Guehi, Tomori sold, ok nice but now sell Zouma and I see many fans be like Sarr or Ampadu can fill the spot.

I disagree with that. We should buy top, world class CB who is ranked ahead of Rudi, Chris... And they fight for spot in defense... This is what top teams do. Liverpool have VVD and Gomez back but they also add Konate.

CIty have Laporte on the bench. UTD scored 15 goals more than us and they add Sancho who is 20g, 20a per season player.

It is naive to think we have great defense and midfield, no new players needed there. But average players are indeed not needed. We need one new world class player in every line.

Before Hakimi signed for PSG I genuinely believed our transfer window could be something like this: Varane/Romagnoli, Hakimi, Locatelli/Tielemans, Haaland.

At the moment looks like Hakimi and Haaland are off and we will sign lower quality CB and MF than expected.

Zouma is sellable, but not sure Ziyech - we are prob giving him wages he couldn't get anywhere else, which makes it hard to get him out of the club. I suspect he's an easy game performer. Will do his MotM performance against a small club, but vanish against anything tougher.

Laporte on the bench for City looks attainable indeed, and a ball-playing CB at that. 

I understand why you are not optimistic about Werner, but I think even small tweaks in his game can turn him into a much more lethal weapon. Yes, easier said than done, but have faith.

The issue with the striker position is that either we get a Haaland type, or it's simply not an improvement over the players we've got. We are not going to bench Kai to field a mindless standing pole, regardless how many goals he can tap in.

BTW, United will be held back by Fred, the same way City has been by Fernandinho - both not good enough at this level for very different reasons.

Edited by robsblubot

19 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Ziyech also scored 3 of his 6 goals in big games. City x2 and Atletico.

Good point, but I do see him a bit like a soft footballer. So, not sure he can consistently turn up, and by that I don't mean the occasional goal and assist, but I mean really compete. Can't imagine he trains a whole lot better hence why he does not play often regardless of manager. Mata was like that too, got that goal and assist in, but wasn't a participant for most of the game.

This is one of the occasions I'd very much like to be wrong, but don't think I am.

57 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Announce 3rd candidate! We would really use any of them (except Neymar).

Plus I posted this to annoy some people with photo on bottom left 😁

don't get you hopes up lol. Everyone knows Pessi will get it.

9 minutes ago, Jas said:

Lewandowski should be getting it after he was "robbed" last year.

don't think so. one worthless trophy, not even the Pokal and a ton of goals in a shit league won't be enough. You know if Penaldo or Pessi win a tinpot cup they will get it and Copa win has made Pessi the obvious choice.

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

don't think so. one worthless trophy, not even the Pokal and a ton of goals in a shit league won't be enough. You know if Penaldo or Pessi win a tinpot cup they will get it and Copa win has made Pessi the obvious choice.

I don't disagree that Messi will likely win it but Lewandowski still ended up winning everything possible with Bayern and he still scored a ridiculous amount of goals (including breaking Gerd Muller's Bundesliga goal record), the kind of number that saw Ronaldo/Messi won it in previous years. On top of that, you had someone like Modric winning it a few years ago, as a culmination of his brilliance (not sure if that's the right word) etc.

2 minutes ago, Jas said:

I don't disagree that Messi will likely win it but Lewandowski still ended up winning everything possible with Bayern and he still scored a ridiculous amount of goals (including breaking Gerd Muller's Bundesliga goal record), the kind of number that saw Ronaldo/Messi won it in previous years. On top of that, you had someone like Modric winning it a few years ago, as a culmination of his brilliance (not sure if that's the right word) etc.

Yeah but that was last year. Never heard of a Ballon d'Or beign given in retrospect.

I did not like the Ballon for Modric either. Can think of many who should have given it on the same grounds then. Reminds of Grandpa giggs getting it in a year he played 11 games in. Absolute pisstake. Individual trophies in a team sport are meaningless anyway. Fosters disgusting egos like penaldo, pessi or paymar.

3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Yeah but that was last year. Never heard of a Ballon d'Or beign given in retrospect.

True but last year's award got "conveniently" cancelled and nothing since the start of 2020 has made sense anyway.