Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Livramento and Bate leaving would be a disaster.

If we sign no one of import, lose all these youth, and fail to sell off most of the deadwood (thus ensuring they leave on frees) this window will be some 2017, 2018 level shit. 

Extraordinarily unhappy if that all goes down

11 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

https://www.her.ie/celeb/james-franco-accused-of-trying-to-meet-underage-girl-in-hotel-122159

Yes, this is his first incident. Very similar to this football player.

Years after, many more women accused him of improper behavior and his career is destroyed. And now he has to pay 2m. But I was not speaking about this.

That was for a film I believe and nothing came of it. 

I was talking more about what he did when he taught acting at Uni, and how Seth Rogan completely turned his back on James. 

We’ve got such a good crop of young first team players that it’s difficult for me to care too much about seeing so many youngsters leaving. If we were an older, past it squad I’d be annoyed. But so many of our key players are 25 or younger and won’t be going anywhere any time soon.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Livramento and Bate leaving would be a disaster.

If we sign no one of import, lose all these youth, and fail to sell off most of the deadwood (thus ensuring they leave on frees) this window will be some 2017, 2018 level shit. 

Extraordinarily unhappy if that all goes down

Livramento leaving would be, because we're short of wingback backups. Especially after Emerson leaves, but do we really need Bate?

52 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We’ve got such a good crop of young first team players that it’s difficult for me to care too much about seeing so many youngsters leaving. If we were an older, past it squad I’d be annoyed. But so many of our key players are 25 or younger and won’t be going anywhere any time soon.

That's exactly why they are leaving... the pathway to the first team has never been harder.

17 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Can’t imagine Kepa staying here and riding the bench for another whole season. Surely he’ll push to go? We may need a 2nd keeper instead of a 3rd. 

Only possible if a club can afford his wages or the club cover most of his wages.

9 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Zouma is sellable, but not sure Ziyech - we are prob giving him wages he couldn't get anywhere else, which makes it hard to get him out of the club. I suspect he's an easy game performer. Will do his MotM performance against a small club, but vanish against anything tougher.

If this is true then it could be a big positive. To rotate him in against specific opposition and see him perform in those games such that we rest players without jeopardising points, would make him an incredibly valuable squad member.

9 hours ago, robsblubot said:

I understand why you are not optimistic about Werner, but I think even small tweaks in his game can turn him into a much more lethal weapon. Yes, easier said than done, but have faith.

How many times did he put the ball in the net from an offside position? A reasonable percentage of those offsides were avoidable. The right little tweak in his game leads to enough extra points to make a difference of 1, or maybe even two, league places.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

9 hours ago, Jas said:

Must be as a RWB and/or Ziyech is getting sold. Would explain Livra's position as he could easily be a first team player this season without CHO playing there. 

3 hours ago, Azul said:

Livramento leaving would be, because we're short of wingback backups. Especially after Emerson leaves, but do we really need Bate?

Bate's biggest problem is Billy. Billy seems to be the long term replacement for Jorgi so his road to the first team is highly difficult. I understand why he wants to leave. 

However, I would want £10m for him with his reputation. 

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

Can’t imagine Kepa staying here and riding the bench for another whole season. Surely he’ll push to go? We may need a 2nd keeper instead of a 3rd. 

Nah, Kepa will stay here. Let's be real. Kepa is absolutely dog sh*t. Even if he goes on loan, who seriously thinks he is going to start playing well with all his flaws? 

For me, he will ride out his £170k a week play the odd game here and there and slide on his knees if we win something. 

30 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Bate's biggest problem is Billy. Billy seems to be the long term replacement for Jorgi so his road to the first team is highly difficult. I understand why he wants to leave. 

It’s actually Kovacic in my opinion. 

Our system has two roles in midfield. Advancer and sitter. Advancers are Kovacic and Kante and the sitters are Jorginho and Gilmour. Bate is a player that dribbles in transition similar to Kovacic that allows him in advanced positions. It’s no surprised we had so many holes in midfield under Lampard because either Kante (an advancer) was a lone DM and/or we had a pivot of two advancers (Kante + Kovacic). The Bayern game a prime example of how unbalanced it is. 

36 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

It’s actually Kovacic in my opinion. 

Our system has two roles in midfield. Advancer and sitter. Advancers are Kovacic and Kante and the sitters are Jorginho and Gilmour. Bate is a player that dribbles in transition similar to Kovacic that allows him in advanced positions. It’s no surprised we had so many holes in midfield under Lampard because either Kante (an advancer) was a lone DM and/or we had a pivot of two advancers (Kante + Kovacic). The Bayern game a prime example of how unbalanced it is. 

Yeah, but Kova is only 27, he still has tons of time. Jorgi is 29/30 and only has two years left. He imo, is the player that will be replaced by either a Billy/Bate. 

11 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Yeah, but Kova is only 27, he still has tons of time. Jorgi is 29/30 and only has two years left. He imo, is the player that will be replaced by either a Billy/Bate. 

Both Billy and Bate would attribute a balanced midfield. One advancer and one sitter.

Based on attributes, Gilmour has qualities similar to Jorginho. I personally don’t think Gilmour is getting in the way. Different roles within the midfield. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

Hopefully immediate minutes was why they moved as opposed to any internal issue.

If it was the former we should have a chance of getting them back in the future if they become the business, all be it at a cost.

2 hours ago, King Kante said:

Must be as a RWB and/or Ziyech is getting sold. Would explain Livra's position as he could easily be a first team player this season without CHO playing there. 

However, I would want £10m for him with his reputation. 

Nah, Kepa will stay here. Let's be real. Kepa is absolutely dog sh*t. Even if he goes on loan, who seriously thinks he is going to start playing well with all his flaws? 

For me, he will ride out his £170k a week play the odd game here and there and slide on his knees if we win something. 

10m for someone who hasnt played a first team game? And his contract is running down no? No chance.

Edited by OneMoSalah