Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

6 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I cannot say if that is true or not as I haven't watched them enough. However, I remember when we brought Baka and everyone said he was quality when I had actually watched him and thought he was sh*t. 

So, are they actually better than what Baka was at the same age? 

Yes. These lot are Messi in comparison to Bakayoko in terms of technical quality. 

tchouameni and boubacar

Edited by MoroccanBlue

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

What else would it be other than money? There’s no chance clubs like PSG are bigger or more prestigious that Chelsea. They offer players double in wages than we do. That’s it.

So no, I’m not confident at all that if we fail to sign Haaland this summer we’ll be able to lure him next year. But that’s not because we are a mid tier club or something. It’s because we don’t offer mammoth wages compared to the state funded clubs.

Is the wages etc offered not part of the pulling power? How can our pulling power be high if we don't offer as much wages compared to the other clubs? We used to blow clubs off with Roman's financial muscle when he first came and now we're complaining about others blowing us out by doing the same to us.

So you don't think we have to offer mammoth wages to Haaland if we sign him this year? He, Raiola, his dad, his camp know that they can get A LOT of money if they move next year and they can easily demand the same kind of money from us this year. Otherwise, am sure they are willing to bide their time for one more season at Dortmund, especially when they haven't made any noise about leaving Germany. 

1 hour ago, Blues Forever said:

Am assuming that ExWhu fella said it in a podcast or somewhere else because I don't see that info on his Twitter feed?

Also, are West Ham assuming that we'll drop our asking price for Abraham if we sign a striker? What if we ended up not signing one? Then what? At least we have some strikers at our disposal but they don't. So am not sure if they can wait long when their need is arguably more urgent. 

3 minutes ago, Jas said:

Am assuming that ExWhu fella said it in a podcast or somewhere else because I don't see that info on his Twitter feed?

Also, are West Ham assuming that we'll drop our asking price for Abraham if we sign a striker? What if we ended up not signing one? Then what? At least we have some strikers at our disposal but they don't. So am not sure if they can wait long when their need is arguably more urgent. 

Yes, he said this on podcast. West Ham won't wait Tammy forever as there are several alternatives.

3 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Not really helping his case when he’s giving shit like Barkley and Bakayoko a shot. 

I reiterate, it’s Haaland or stick with Tammy: 

Just assessing the situation I guess, Baka for sure should be shot with, Barkley is most likely a goner too.

If the likes of Simon Johnson and Liam Twomey are to be beloved we’re now approaching that stage of the window where we’re being linked with bargain targets that nobody has ever heard of or are nowhere near the level required. Similar to a few years ago where we were all panicking at being linked with Andy Carroll and Peter Crouch.

We’re apparently looking at some 8 foot tall mutant from Stuttgart whose name I can’t even pronounce.

22 hours ago, milka said:

Chelsea need 2/3 world class signings we dont need panic buy just for fun to have transfer.

Be patient .

Chelsea  is European Champions  .

OK

Abraham + 100m   =  Kane

55m =  Varane

Here we go !

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If the likes of Simon Johnson and Liam Twomey are to be beloved we’re now approaching that stage of the window where we’re being linked with bargain targets that nobody has ever heard of or are nowhere near the level required. Similar to a few years ago where we were all panicking at being linked with Andy Carroll and Peter Crouch.

We’re apparently looking at some 8 foot tall mutant from Stuttgart whose name I can’t even pronounce.

Then doesn't that bring the argument that we should simply do a Klopp/us in 2020 and wait it out if genuine upgrades aren't attainable?

For example, if we can't get Haaland is any of our realistic striker options at present less of a risk than playing Broja let alone Havertz? Who knows who will have a breakthrough in the next 12 months, the former himself could be one.

Likewise since Hakimi has gone my preference has shifted to promote Livramento.

Edited by Tomo

18 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The auto-correct there. 🤣

And so much for your optimism yesterday...

15 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Then doesn't that bring the argument that we should simply do a Klopp/us in 2020 and wait it out if genuine upgrades aren't attainable?

For example, if we can't get Haaland is any of our realistic striker options at present less of a risk than playing Broja let alone Havertz? Who knows who will have a breakthrough in the next 12 months, the former himself could be one.

The daily complaints are upstaging the recycled BS transfer rumors. 

1 minute ago, Hermione said:

Personally I hope we get Tchoumani and call it a summer, I feel like missed the boat with some attainable targets like Sancho, Varane which would've improved us and make up for the lack of a world class striker, hope we don't panic buy for the sake of it.

I really feel that Varane will be outed if Utd sign him. I think he's overrated since he's been playing next to Ramos his whole life. Put him next to Maguire and his true talent will have to show. 

25 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Feel like we’ve been over the Liverpool example before. The difference between them waiting it out and ourselves is that they had two attackers who were in world class goal scoring form plus Firmino. They also had world class attacking play from both fullbacks.

It’s easy to sit back and wait it out when you’re a title winning caliber side. When you’re miles and miles off the top of the table like we were (and have been for 3-4 years now) I don’t think we can afford to wait. We’ll surely never be in a stronger position than now coming off European glory and with other competitors for targets strapped for cash.

Welp...

- Five clubs have expressed interest in Bate - West Ham, Leeds, Liverpool, Leicester and Brighton. West Ham and Leeds are the two clubs pushing the hardest and are believed to have made an offer.

- Peart-Harris is the most advanced of the three in terms of securing his departure. Reportedly on the verge of moving to Brentford.

- Livramento is being strongly targeted by Brighton.

- All 3 have one year left on their current contracts and are refusing to sign extensions. All 3 concerned over the chance of first-team football in the long term.