Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

It’s kinda scary to think that our top scorer last season had only 7 goals (all from penalties and from a player who never score from open play) and yet there seems to be zero urgency to rectify our struggles in front of goal. We were like 99% likely to miss out on top 4 and were bailed out Bale (lol).

And has the reaction to that by the club to make sure something like this never happens again by quickly and decisively attacking the market for a goal scorer? Nope. Instead we seem to be hoping our coach can turn every struggling player from last season into a beast.

I mean, could it work? Sure. I 100% believe Havertz, Werner, and Ziyech will be much better. But not comfortable top 4 better and absolutely not sustained title challenge better.

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

It’s kinda scary to think that our top scorer last season had only 7 goals (all from penalties and from a player who never score from open play) and yet there seems to be zero urgency to rectify our struggles in front of goal. We were like 99% likely to miss out on top 4 and were bailed out Bale (lol).

And has the reaction to that by the club to make sure something like this never happens again by quickly and decisively attacking the market for a goal scorer? Nope. Instead we seem to be hoping our coach can turn every struggling player from last season into a beast.

I mean, could it work? Sure. I 100% believe Havertz, Werner, and Ziyech will be much better. But not comfortable top 4 better and absolutely not sustained title challenge better.

200.gif

23 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Newcastle will get relegated. Do we really want to give him another loan like that? 

We will want him to go somewhere were he will play 90%+ of games. At Newcastle that will 100% happen. Someone like Palace may also be a good fit, however I am unsure who they still have in CM as I know they only had 10 players at one point but have started re-signing/signing players now. 

However, with Palace, Vieira is a big risk. He hasn't been great at any club he has managed yet. 

Edited by King Kante

13 minutes ago, milka said:

From  Kane , Lukaku and Haaland I have a feeling that Chelsea will end up  this transfer window with someone like Danny Ings  and new battle about top 4

Problem is, Lukaku isn't good enough for the proce, Kane has dodgy ankles and plays for Spuds which makes it an almost impossible task and Dortmund are looking like they will refuse serious money for Håland. Not much the club can do imo. 

We could do far worse than Ings, not that I encourage that purchase, but it wouldn't be the worst signing to get in a proven PL goal scorer for a low fee on a year left for his contract.

2 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Problem is, Lukaku isn't good enough for the proce, Kane has dodgy ankles and plays for Spuds which makes it an almost impossible task and Dortmund are looking like they will refuse serious money for Håland. Not much the club can do imo. 

But it won't stop people from moaning about that though...

The media are likely just milking it to get the clicks and views but if we can't get Haaland, then all the talk about signing someone else is just hilarious when we still have Abraham and there doesn't seem to be anyone that can afford to pay the £40 million to take him off us. At the moment, the only way possible to sell Abraham is if West Ham accept a player + cash deal for Rice or unless, the club drop the asking price for him. 

59 minutes ago, Pizy said:

the club did attack the market decisively and failed. Haaland, Lukaku, Kane are all unavailable for us, even Agüero declined us. Despite our CL triumph we have deep lying problems structurally within the squad. There are clubs with bigger reputational pulling power and clubs with bigger financial muscle. we have too feed from the scabs comparatively. Only a problem when you want the absolute best which we apparently do. But now we have established that there is no chance to get a world class striker what is the club supposed to do? Buy 2nd rate again? It appears the club has learned that if they can't get absolute top quality they should at least avoid donkeys. No repeat of 2015 or 2017 wanted.