Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

16 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Rightly or wrongly they may think it was a Lampard/transfer ban thing, that plus we had a lot more holes in our squad then compared to now.

Now if Tuchel brings someone through that will (hopefully) change the mindset of other players when they end up in this position.

Just seems like a cop-out IMO. 

Hope Broja is the first to show them otherwise.

There's talk of Tuchel possibly integrating Broja and Sterling into the first team squad next season so if that were to happen it hopefully continues to show that there is a pathway to the first team, but still ultimately very few players will break through at Chelsea in the coming years and it's no different to the other top teams around us. 

A few players have had chances in recent times under Lampard but so far ultimately only two have fully taken that chance in Mount and James, so it's not like some abnormal influx of players. Yes the likes of Tammy and Tomori had opportunities too but their futures won't be here.

Therefore if you look back over the past 5 or 6 seasons it isn't hugely different to Christensen, Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi breaking through previous. 

Realistically if you managed to get one first team regular and one, maybe two squad player(s) through from the academy every 3 years at the top level where Chelsea are positioned, that's a pretty good achievement.

20 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

There's talk of Tuchel possibly integrating Broja and Sterling into the first team squad next season so if that were to happen it hopefully continues to show that there is a pathway to the first team, but still ultimately very few players will break through at Chelsea in the coming years and it's no different to the other top teams around us. 

A few players have had chances in recent times under Lampard but so far ultimately only two have fully taken that chance in Mount and James, so it's not like some abnormal influx of players. Yes the likes of Tammy and Tomori had opportunities too but their futures won't be here.

Therefore if you look back over the past 5 or 6 seasons it isn't hugely different to Christensen, Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi breaking through previous. 

Realistically if you managed to get one first team regular and one, maybe two squad player(s) through from the academy every 3 years at the top level where Chelsea are positioned, that's a pretty good achievement.

What’s the latest on Sterling? I remember he was injured for a year, but seemed to be in and out of the U23 squad last season?

4 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

What’s the latest on Sterling? I remember he was injured for a year, but seemed to be in and out of the U23 squad last season?

Not sure, but from what I've read Tuchel had him training with the first team group quite a few times last season and really likes him. From what I understand he's back fit and is currently with the pre season group in Ireland.

1 minute ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Not sure, but from what I've read Tuchel had him training with the first team group quite a few times last season and really likes him. From what I understand he's back fit and is currently with the pre season group in Ireland.

Strange. He gets a look but not Livarmento?

5 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Strange. He gets a look but not Livarmento?

Sterling was highly rated himself before the injuries he's had.

He is that bit older than Livramento at 21 and more developed physically, whilst he has also had the experience of playing out on loan.

I just think it's probably a case of someone being further down the line. 

There are very, very few cases of an 18 year old breaking into the first team of one of the top European clubs with no previous experience out on loan.

5 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Declan Rice rejected West Hams’ third contract offer. Player wants to be aware of any bids made for him. West Ham may consider a bid over 60 million

- Matt Law

Define "over 60 million". 🤨

Does that mean we'll have to pay only 21 million if we offer cash plus Abraham for Rice? 

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

A real shitter of a window so far.

It’s strange. There isn’t t a lot of transfer movement, but of course what little movement there is is happening at the clubs most likely to battle us for a top 4 spot like United and Leicester and even fucking Arsenal.

I’m trying to maintain the belief that the reason everything is silent from us is that we’re working secretly on an elephant sized deal like Haaland. But the problem with putting all our eggs in that basket is that we look like naive morons if that doesn’t work.