Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

3 hours ago, King Kante said:

Bate's biggest problem is Billy. Billy seems to be the long term replacement for Jorgi so his road to the first team is highly difficult. I understand why he wants to leave. 

However, I would want £10m for him with his reputation.

Just for the record, I prefer Lewis over Billy if it comes down to one or the other. Sadly it does not seem any Chelsea manager will have to make such a choice for real 

we better put the buyback clause on Bate and Livramento in the future,,i really highly rated both of them. especially livramento,,since James move permanent to RCB position in Tuchel era,,he can easily get a main RWB. i don't trust CHO as a wing back,,he should compete to fill once position of the front three not the wing back. it could kill his goal/assist mentality in the future....

45 minutes ago, Syltherin said:

we better put the buyback clause on Bate and Livramento in the future,,i really highly rated both of them. especially livramento,,since James move permanent to RCB position in Tuchel era,,he can easily get a main RWB. i don't trust CHO as a wing back,,he should compete to fill once position of the front three not the wing back. it could kill his goal/assist mentality in the future....

Not going to happen, apparently we only put sell on clause for Bate.

The problem is the teams around us

Manchester City and Pep have proven that they have the consistency over a 38 game season

Manchester United are signing two world class players in positions of need getting a lot stronger.

Liverpool defence being back could add a extra 10 points for them.

Chelsea we have a young squad that can improve but really lack goals and all we have done change the situation is Lose Giroud, further more we have no depth for Kante who keeps picking up injuries which is a real worry.

Leicester City brought two great signings that improve their squad depth and also got a good young striker to lessen the load on Vardy.

Arsenal before people laugh they have a decent young core and no European football so they could have a outside chance this season.

I think some people are forgetting that we made the top four on the last day of the season thanks to Tottenham.

28 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

1.5m for Bate

That's not much at the moment, but depending on the size of the sell-on percentage the biggest chunk might still come later if he develops as expected. 

Already close to £60M in transfer fees received this summer, not bad. Still a lot of players to be sold though.

All outgoing transfers are off the wage bill too. Youngsters like Bate probably didn't earn all that much and most of the loanees likely had their wages paid by the loan club so there might not be that much savings on some of the outgoing players but a first team player like Giroud leaving will definitely affect the wage bill in a positive way. 

22 minutes ago, Styl1994 said:

Manchester United are signing two world class players in positions of need getting a lot stronger.

Would just like to say that there's no guarantee that Sancho would be an immediate success for United, despite his excellence in the Bundesliga. Am sure we were sitting here last year going gaga over Werner and Havertz when we got them, only to see them struggle for various reasons across the season.

24 minutes ago, Styl1994 said:

Liverpool defence being back could add a extra 10 points for them.

Chelsea we have a young squad that can improve but really lack goals and all we have done change the situation is Lose Giroud, further more we have no depth for Kante who keeps picking up injuries which is a real worry.

If people want to go down the if route by saying things like "Liverpool defence being back could add a extra 10 points for them", then why can't they do the same regarding our attackers?

Yes, we struggled for goals last season but that was largely down to our attackers facing different problems. Some had injuries, some had confidence issues, some struggled for consistency. But what's to say with the last season over, a good summer break and another year of experience under belt, they won't do better? 

Not sure the specific loss of Giroud makes much of a difference considering Tuchel barely used him in the end or after the Atletico Madrid game in February. And would like to think that we will sign a midfielder.

48 minutes ago, Styl1994 said:

I think some people are forgetting that we made the top four on the last day of the season thanks to Tottenham.

Every team will need some luck along the way to achieve something. Liverpool, for example, got it aplenty during the run-in despite their winning run.

For all the talk of the lack of goals, part of the reason why we finished in the Top 4 by a narrow margin was because we flopped almost all the six-pointers against teams around us under Lampard. Things improved dramatically when we got a manager who actually instilled a tactical plan and cohesion.