Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

26 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

the club did attack the market decisively and failed. Haaland, Lukaku, Kane are all unavailable for us, even Agüero declined us. Despite our CL triumph we have deep lying problems structurally within the squad. There are clubs with bigger reputational pulling power and clubs with bigger financial muscle. we have too feed from the scabs comparatively. Only a problem when you want the absolute best which we apparently do. But now we have established that there is no chance to get a world class striker what is the club supposed to do? Buy 2nd rate again? It appears the club has learned that if they can't get absolute top quality they should at least avoid donkeys. No repeat of 2015 or 2017 wanted.

To me with all our reported targets only Hakimi which am with the board on this....I don't see PSG having reputational pulling power than us....yes they have the financial muscle but then the deal doesn't even make sense for us but PSG don't have any fucking choice couple with the fact that they wants Mbappe to stay and extend his deal which I don't see him doing even as things stand they need a quality left back as well if they truly wants their hands on the most coveted trophy UCL...

14 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Sorry, not having this “we don’t have the best pulling power” stuff even a little bit. Perhaps for the absolute best of the best like Haaland who will have every top club after him it will be a struggle. But we absolutely have the pulling power to lure world class players. 

It’s just unfortunate that the ones we want are already at financially stable clubs and will cost mile high fees. We’re as attractive as any club in Europe.  We’re in an era where even the West Ham’s and Leicester’s of the world can put their foot down and demand £80m or £100m for their players, ffs. That’s the issue here, not that Chelsea’s pulling power has fallen.

Ironic you say we have the pulling power when you are one of the people who have no confidence whatsoever when it comes to beating other clubs to top quality players. And don't tell me it's all about the money because one can argue it's part of the pulling power too, especially when we used that to our advantage in the first few years under Roman. 

6 minutes ago, Jas said:

Ironic you say we have the pulling power when you are one of the people who have no confidence whatsoever when it comes to beating other clubs to top quality players. And don't tell me it's all about the money because one can argue it's part of the pulling power too, especially when we used that to our advantage in the first few years under Roman. 

What else would it be other than money? There’s no chance clubs like PSG are bigger or more prestigious that Chelsea. They offer players double in wages than we do. That’s it.

So no, I’m not confident at all that if we fail to sign Haaland this summer we’ll be able to lure him next year. But that’s not because we are a mid tier club or something. It’s because we don’t offer mammoth wages compared to the state funded clubs.

4 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

If TT dont get at least 1 hight quality player then the club has failed him, this is a great time to build the team further but something tells me we gonna flunder that one.

Not really helping his case when he’s giving shit like Barkley and Bakayoko a shot. 

I reiterate, it’s Haaland or stick with Tammy: 

30 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Not really helping his case when he’s giving shit like Barkley and Bakayoko a shot. 

I think Broja will be above Tammy in the pecking order.

4 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

But, why?

Because he suits Tuchel's system a lot better and most importantly, Tuchel doesn't rate Tammy (by comparison there's been smoke for months that he wants Broja in the squad).

If we can't find a new home for Tammy he will likely play a similar role to what he has done so far under Tuchel. 

Edited by Tomo

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Giroud and Tammy out, Haaland and Broja in.

Sounds good to me.

700kpw is not happening. Only PSG can afford him. 

Haaland appointing Raiola convinces me his only ‘dream move’ is who ever offers the fattest wage. 

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I am not really a fan of either of those players, but isn't it better he is giving them a shot rather than just discarding them and targeting another player who could become like them in 1-2 years time?

In my opinion, we have plenty of loan rangers and academy boys that can fill the squad roles (bar GK2 and CF1) that I do not want to see us going out and laying out £25m+ and probably £90k+ a week on players like Adama. Personally, when we are shifting academy boys for £20m+ plus a pop after minimal amount of games, it is kind of a no brainer. 

I agree that Tammy should stay if there is no Håland but he really isn't a great fit for TT's style. I can see a situation where if good money comes in the club take it as he only has two years left and there is a big danger he rides the bench all season, at which point his value goes through the floor. Same situation applies to Zouma, although he has the benefit of playing in a position where we have players on the pitch at any given time. 

5 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I am not really a fan of either of those players, but isn't it better he is giving them a shot rather than just discarding them and targeting another player who could become like them in 1-2 years time?

In my opinion, we have plenty of loan rangers and academy boys that can fill the squad roles (bar GK2 and CF1) that I do not want to see us going out and laying out £25m+ and probably £90k+ a week on players like Adama. Personally, when we are shifting academy boys for £20m+ plus a pop after minimal amount of games, it is kind of a no brainer. 

I agree that Tammy should stay if there is no Håland but he really isn't a great fit for TT's style. I can see a situation where if good money comes in the club take it as he only has two years left and there is a big danger he rides the bench all season, at which point his value goes through the floor. Same situation applies to Zouma, although he has the benefit of playing in a position where we have players on the pitch at any given time. 

The French CM’s we’ve been linked with are all quality. 

37 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

The French CM’s we’ve been linked with are all quality. 

I cannot say if that is true or not as I haven't watched them enough. However, I remember when we brought Baka and everyone said he was quality when I had actually watched him and thought he was sh*t. 

So, are they actually better than what Baka was at the same age?